Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't disagree with any of that, and of course a lot of it is understandable. Having said that, even allowing for the fact some of them don't want to upset their cosy applecart - a wee bit of objectivity wouldn't go amiss.

Apologies for forgetting the 'bloke from Channel 4s' name - but in his blog, he made reference to the hundreds of e-mails he got from non-OF fans, and how the majority of people did not want Rangers wiped from the face of the earth, but simply to see fair play, and for no underhand dealings 'just because it is Rangers'.

There's far more reasoned debate in this forum thread, than there is from many of our media chums.

Alex Thomson ;)

I think the complete lack of objectivity in much of the coverage is the real issue here. I appreciate that the demise of Rangers is a story in itself and for a great many people, seeing them "saved" is all that matters. That is part of the story here. But, the media have been embarassed in their coverage particularly surrounding the tax case and now in the full implications of the fallout from that. Reading and listening to them, I'm not even sure they fully grasp what is and was going on.

It will be interesting to see how Thomson proceeds - it seems he is being given license to investigate further, but knows nothing of the sport and industry here. A completely fresh pair of eyes and an experienced and respected serious journalist might bring some clarity and balance to the story. It will also be interesting to see if others follow suit.

From some wee spikey-haired tosspot in the Herald:

"CAMPBELL OGILVIE, the Scottish Football Association president, was last night cleared by Sir David Murray of any involvement in the payment

or administering of the controversial Employment Benefit Trust scheme used by Rangers for a decade."

:rolleyes:

Even if Ogilvie didn't formulate or administer it, I don't think that's really what Alex Thomson, the RTC and others have been asking, anyway. They've been asking whether he knew about it, or received it himself.

I amazed at how poor radio scotland coverage of the rangers problems has been. Listened to the podcast yesterday when Young defending Campbell Ogilvie and that was another cringeworthy moment again.

I'm not a regular listener but their coverage is mixed. Alasdair Lamont's interview with Paul Clark the administrator was actually very good and informative.

I heard the recording of Chick last night and it was quite cringeworthy - and also funny when he gets flustered at the notion of Ogilvie himself benefitting from an EBT (as has been implied). It's a bit of a "shit, I never thought of that moment". He doesn't grasp this whole situation at all.

Even if Ogilvie didn't formulate or administer it, I don't think that's really what Alex Thomson, the RTC and others have been asking, anyway. They've been asking whether he knew about it, or received it himself.

And if he knew about it, given he was Treasurer at the SFA for part of the decade they were in use, did he know that those payments were not lodged as part of the registration?

(Assuming of course that they were not lodged. If they were this would be a non-story).

And if he didnt know, why didnt he know? Why was it kept from him by other members of the board, if what they were doing was completely above board?

From some wee spikey-haired tosspot in the Herald:

"CAMPBELL OGILVIE, the Scottish Football Association president, was last night cleared by Sir David Murray of any involvement in the payment

or administering of the controversial Employment Benefit Trust scheme used by Rangers for a decade."

Oh well thats all perfectly fine then. Sorry for getting your collar dirty there Mr. Ogilvie Sir.

No need to waste any more time investigating him eh? He's in the clear boys.

:rolleyes:

How can he be cleared when the article said nothing to clear him with, just that he was "cleared"? Mind you, this is the Herald - over half of whom will be flinging themselves off the Cowcaddens roof when Rangers go to the wall.

Any thread titled "Just got a text from a mate" is sure-fire comedy gold :lol:

There's another 'I got a text from..' stating that Duff & Felch screwed up the paperwork for the admin and are having to re-file. If only that one were true!!!!

And if he didnt know, why didnt he know? Why was it kept from him by other members of the board, if what they were doing was completely above board?

And did the other board members know themselves, particularly the ones who also held positions within the SPL?

It's quite incredible, the amount of people who are spouting blatant bullshit in this Rangers saga, and expect people to believe it. David Murray - 'I was duped, my advisors were duped, the bank was duped.... should never have sold to Whyte...' In the name of the wee man (not Chick), does he think anyone, even someone who posts regularly on Rangers Media, will believe even one word of this?

I'd actually have more respect for Minty Moonbeams if he just came out with the truth, which I believe to be....

'... but fcuk me, if Del Boy Whyte didn't turn up at my door one day with a cunning plan...'

...obviously I'm just guessing this is what really happened. 8)

I agree with much of what you wrote, but think this part may well be wrong.

davidmurraysuperduperCSC

In the David Murray story linked earlier, Murray talks about the 'sniff test' to determine if someone is fit and proper - basically, do you get the gut feeling this guy is genuine, or can you sniff something fishy. In explaining why he thought Whyte ticked the boxes, Murray says 'he was Scottish, he wasn't a foreigner...'

Dear oh dear.

From rangerstaxcase.com:

Quote:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/03/13/SOCCER_Rangers_Nightlead.html

“He was Scottish, he wasn’t a foreigner, he was supposedly a Rangers supporter, he had the money.

Quote:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/03/14/rangers-in-crisis-sir-david-murray-denies-any-use-of-dual-contracts-during-his-time-at-ibrox-86908-23787536/

He was Scottish, supposedly a Rangers fan, seemingly had the money

Why would the DR remove the quote about “he wasn’t a foreigner”?

the newspaper industry, is under threat. They need to shift units and the way to do that is sensational stories. The way to obtain those stories has been to enjoy a cozy relationship with the big boys.

Or they could do some investigative journlism like

"Dude trying to buy Rangers is a chancing whore with absolutely no scrupples" That would have sold a few.

All they had to do was phone me.