Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What an absurd claim. Rangers are still in administration, they still don't have a buyer, and every day they tick closer and closer to the verdict of the big tax case. If nothing happens for the next few months, Rangers go down the tubes.

No news is good news.

Merely an opinion. I just feel that things don't seem to be as frantic as they once were. If the administrators had not been dumb and dumber I think they would have been liquidated by now. Instead they're being whored out to anyone with a shit load of money to piss away.

I just want them gone for the sake of Scottish football.

I've just been reading the text of SFA's "Have you been Bad? Have You?" letter to their 93 member clubs in today's paper and something has struck me... It requires "a declaration signed by your club secretary to the effect that your club has complied, without qualification, with the terms of this article at all times throughout the previous ten years", or else they must detail other payments.

Campbell Ogilvie was Secretary (and then equivalent of Secretary) at Rangers - but he says he didn't know about EBTs. In terms of their administration and possible rule breaching.

So if he'd been Secretary at Rangers now, he'd have replied in the negative...?

So what do the directors of a club who have only just taken post do.

lets call this imaginary club Sundee FC.

What if in the past that imaginary club had paid players in cash, or paid wages via directors some of which were not even from the city of Sundee but an oil rich city up the road.

What if that said club had had two periods of admin etc and no one is now involved who was involved with with either periods of admin

How do the present directors and Sundee fill in the form?

if they tell the truth their club which is already suffering for its former directors actions will suffer or do they just report on the period they have looked after the club.

Edited by realmadrid

What if in the past that imaginary club had paid players in cash, or paid wages via directors some of which were not even from the city of Sundee but an oil rich city up the road.

What if that said club had had two periods of admin etc and no one is now involved who was involved with with either periods of admin

if they tell the truth their club which is already suffering for its former directors actions will suffer or do they just report on the period they have looked after the club.

It seems to be a scandalous way for the 'governing body' :huh: to remove themselves from the job of actually doing any governing. The way that the SFA is going about this is disgraceful...but not surprising given their history.

Can't remember who tweeted it earlier (think it may have been the journo Gerry Braiden), but they said something to the tune of Glasgow City Council being a confirmed creditor, to the tune of 90k+. I'm sure it said that this was a debt that's been accrued since admin started.

Can't remember who tweeted it earlier (think it may have been the journo Gerry Braiden), but they said something to the tune of Glasgow City Council being a confirmed creditor, to the tune of 90k+. I'm sure it said that this was a debt that's been accrued since admin started.

Probably for Rates

Merely an opinion. I just feel that things don't seem to be as frantic as they once were. If the administrators had not been dumb and dumber I think they would have been liquidated by now. Instead they're being whored out to anyone with a shit load of money to piss away.

I just want them gone for the sake of Scottish football.

Its not in any administrators interest to liquidate the company is it?

The longer they are in administration the more money they can leech out of Rangers, a good thing.

Edited by MarreZ

It is amazing it has taken this long for another creditor to be mentioned.

We know about HMRC, other clubs and the court case to get Ticketus changed to a creditor, but surely they must owe a lot of money to lots of suppliers - who all appear to be keeping very quiet.

If the Ticketus case in Edinburgh (to get the money looked at purely as part of creditor list) goes in Haudit & daudits favour would this have an effect on the JJB deal, and could they get back those rights and similarly was there not a deal in Whyte's time that funding the food stalls refurbishment by future sales as well. They could end out worming out of a lot if the judge tomorrow goes with Haudit & Daudit.

Edited by MEADOWXI

That is why liquidation will be the preferred option for most bidders. All except the Ticketus Knights. (Ticketus need to be there and see it come out of administration so they can get their money back, Paul Murray gets control of all the company records).

Otherwise the other bidders will buy the parts they need to run the new club, and leave behind all the problem areas, especially all those skeletons that are lurking behind every door in the Big House. As the truth unfolds even with different directors the company will still have responsibilities for their previous corporate behaviour.

Ok will take 3 years or so to get back to where they want to be but the risks in the alternative is just so dangerous and problematic.

When Craig Whyte first came on the scene he was lauded by the mainstream Scottish sports media and underwent no scrutiny by them. Given the subsequent revelations will these same journalists do a warts-and-all investigation of Paul Murray, Brian Kennedy and the other bidders?

Surely over the next few days we will be treated to a forensic examination of the backgrounds of these people including their past business dealings and practices. Or should I not hold my breath?

It is amazing it has taken this long for another creditor to be mentioned.

We know about HMRC, other clubs and the court case to get Ticketus changed to a creditor, but surely they must owe a lot of money to lots of suppliers - who all appear to be keeping very quiet.

If the Ticketus case in Edinburgh (to get the money looked at purely as part of creditor list) goes in Haudit & daudits favour would this have an effect on the JJB deal, and could they get back those rights and similarly was there not a deal in Whyte's time that funding the food stalls refurbishment by future sales as well. They could end out worming out of a lot if the judge tomorrow goes with Haudit & Daudit.

Of course they are. Would you stick you're head above the parapet and risk the wrath, boycotting and worse of the Ibrox knuckle draggers?

Of course they are. Would you stick you're head above the parapet and risk the wrath, boycotting and worse of the Ibrox knuckle draggers?

Probably right. though is it not also the case that (without suggesting it's not serious) the amounts owed to them are so small in comparison to ticketus/whyte/hmrc they will have no real say in what happens anyway so are being ignored or just getting on with their business?

Probably right. though is it not also the case that (without suggesting it's not serious) the amounts owed to them are so small in comparison to ticketus/whyte/hmrc they will have no real say in what happens anyway so are being ignored or just getting on with their business?

Yeah, that seems to be the case.