Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Swing and a miss. Hugh Scott invested none of his money: because he didn't need to. Morton had plenty of cash in the bank when he took over, as the result of moving on stars like McInnes and Lilley from the 95/96 squad that missed out on promotion on goal difference. Lilley moved for a club record fee in 1997. Morton spent the cash available in the bank like, err, every other football club in the country! wacko.gif

Morton's subsequent debts were a result of 1) A fully justified fans boycott against the asset-stripping policies of Scott and 2) Scott's refusal to pay outgoing bills, in his attempt to force the closure of the club.

Still, at least you're not still absolutely seething at losing Paul Fenwick.

post-11540-0-34843400-1335613290_thumb.p

^^^^^^ more and more like a Rangers fan with every post. He'll soon be marching on Hampden. :lol:

Only in Greenock could spending loads of money on expensive players be described as "asset stripping" :1eye

Edited by Captain_Sensible

Christopher Brookmyre on the radio comparing Rangers to a guy whose been visiting prostitutes for 30 years who thinks he must have caught VD from a toilet seat.. laugh.gif

Aye and we all know what he is!!!!!! <_<

He is to Celtic what Chick Young is to Rangers ;)

z list celebrity 'St Mirren Supporter' Aye right Chrissy Bhoy.

I was just about to start reading one of his books as well..That wont be happening now as he has just made the Boycott list :angry:

Only in Greenock could spending loads of money on expensive players be described as "asset stripping" :1eye

Asset stripping clearly refers to trying to sell the ground for retail development, leaving the club homeless.

Good effort though, that fully justifies the 0/10 mark after all.

The main character in Brookmyre's The Sacred Art of Stealing is a Rangers supporter who defends the club from accusations of institutional bigotry (not very well IMHO, but it's a hard case to make). Also defends the Rangers supporters at the 72 cup final, pointing out that they were fighting with General Franco's fascist coppers, who deserved a bit of a kicking.

No doubt there are various z-list celebs who have it in for the Currant Buns, but I don't think he's one of them.

Oh it's in an hour, I can have a roll before I go.

Any requests for photos? So far I'm aiming for fattest h*n, reddest face, mankyest shirt, and ugliest c**t in general.

I wish you luck in what is certain to be a long arduous quest as you pore over the huge range of choices proffered, pausing only to throw up in the conveniently placed bucket to your side.

Just a wee point, excellent post by the way. How come a lot of diddy team fans say the league cup is diddy? Clearly as a diddy team fan we are eyeballing 2 trophies and hoping that the old firm drop the ball on it. As a Falkirk fan i'd be over the moon winning the league cup, f**k i'd be delighted with the egg cup.

By no means is the League Cup "diddy" - I simply left it out of my analogy so we were comparing like with like (Belgium having none). "League Cups" are something of a British Isles institution, but one subject to appalling treatment by those meant to be running them (not least of all the removal of the European qualification to it in Scotland lest it deny the OF their "birthright"), but that's another topic entirely.

I was just about to start reading one of his books as well..That wont be happening now as he has just made the Boycott list :angry:

You'll be losing out if you don't give his books a go. The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola is a cracker.. rolleyes.gif

By no means is the League Cup "diddy" - I simply left it out of my analogy so we were comparing like with like (Belgium having none). "League Cups" are something of a British Isles institution, but one subject to appalling treatment by those meant to be running them (not least of all the removal of the European qualification to it in Scotland lest it deny the OF their "birthright"), but that's another topic entirely.

I never really understood why removing the Euro place made the cup so instantly unattractive.

Your hardcore supporters will attend finals and love to see you lift the cup.

Your floating fans only attend big games, if a cup final isn't a big game what is?

The daytrippers who go along because it's a cup final are only there for that reason.

So who exactly are these people who think it's diddy because their is no Euro place?

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/tamcowan/2012/04/why-all-the-fuss-over-signing.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDailyRecord%2FTamCowan+%28The+Daily+Record+-+Tam+Cowan%29

Good blog from Tam, telling it like it really is.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.fr/

As for Leggy, that bit about Drysdale was posted word for word on RM yesterday by "Boss". Are Leggy and Boss one and the same? We, as Scottish fans, have the right to know! No secrecy, Leggy; journalists don't do secrecy!

I notice in the first instance Leggo refers to the man in question as "Neil Drysdale", who is actually a freelance journalist (I have a book he wrote about Dario Franchitti). Is this the sort of imprecise bumbling that he accuses others of? And is it possible to get precise bumbling?

I'm assuming you're on the wind-up - although hopefully there will shortly be threads on Rangers Mhedia and FollowFollow about him. Will he make the Rangers enemy list?

Anyone else hoping for sheer, unadulterated carnage?

Obviously with no harm to innocent people or property.

Nope. Rangers are fecked as it is and the last thing Scottish football needs is more bad publicity.

Just let them die quietly in a corner - no further help required.

Has there been any nastyness in Glasgow yet? Is it sunny in Glasgow today? No doubt you'll get vast hoards of the mungo battalion stripping aff to let the sun hit their bloated forms. In saying that could lead to arrests with the multitude of uvf

Has there been any nastyness in Glasgow yet? Is it sunny in Glasgow today? No doubt you'll get vast hoards of the mungo battalion stripping aff to let the sun hit their bloated forms. In saying that could lead to arrests with the multitude of uvf, king billy, FTP and any other dreadful 'body art' that may adorn their torsos. Sure that would lead to public order offence. Bad enough when you see the junkies and neds through here whipping their tops of in march because the suns out.