Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That is clearly not strictly true.

When he made the statement about the "broad agreement" over the 10 team SPL last year, chairmen from at least 4 clubs almost immediately said that they hadn't agreed to it.

That still leaves 6 out of 10, so a master of spin could construe that as "broad".

There's far too much negativity on here at the moment.

Rangers are about to die people, and the pish that Doncaster is promoting with regards to a Newco is against the Law as I understand it.

The only way a new Rangers can exist is by applying to join at the bottom, assetless with a brand new club. You cannot simply transfer assets from a debt laden company in administration to another. It is illegal.

Every day I get home from work and read the latest news and begin to think "Yes it is really over, the basturts are going down the pan." However by the time I go to bed there have so many posts about how they are going to wriggle free of this and come out squeaky clean that I am totally depressed and it stops me sleeping. I just wish it was over one way or another so I can get back to a normal life with normal depression caused by incoming bills.

Big decisions to be made by fans. The game is about to be brutally exposed for the sham that it is.

Tell it to f**k off or take collective action?

We're not that organised (fans of SPL clubs) that is. It's take one of the more organised fans groups to lead and only then..

As I've said before, if the Pars stay up and Newco waltz in then my ST will not be renewed. I've already sent a letter (old school!) to the club outlining my reasons why and making it clear that I understand its DAFC that lose out on my cash but I can't in good faith go along and watch a competition that basically allows a 'big boy' to do what it wants and get away with it because they're 'important'...

I've been wondering.............

SDM "spent" all that money on big name players to win the league, cups, etc.................but what if he hadn't???

What if he had kept the club ticking over financially? Would rankgers still have been one of the top 2 for the past 20+ years?

The reason I ask is that many of the orcs seem to believe that they will be back to winning the league in a couple of years, but surely that means buying top players on wages that they simply cant afford? And if they have to buy your average SPL type player and find themselves in the middle of the league or worse, wont that affect attendances and also the SKY deal?

This in turn would bring us back to the pre-souness days of 4 figure crowds, and therefore rankgers still wouldnt be able to afford the players they once had.

I'd so love to see them in the SPL next season and then be relegated at the end of it. A whole season of despair for the orcs. Although I'd much rather they just fuckin' died if I'm honest!!!

Oh well, it looks increasingly likely that the match in Paisley on Saturday will be my last for some time (ever?).

I'd prepared myself for this, but it is still a bit hard to take in. That said, I won't waver on this. If the diddies collude with this tawdry cheats charter then the baw is burst for me.

No ifs or buts. It'll be a despicable act of short-termist self interest that further demonstrates that the views and wishes of ordinary supporters are all but irrelevant.

I won't be a part of it.

Snap. Part of me hopes they do get ushered back in as watching football in this country is fucking shite.

I'll find something else to do with my time, easily.

If Doncaster's appearance has confirmed nothing else, it has confirmed that the punishment for running double contacts (if proved) will be negligible. There will be a letter issued outlining what a serious breach of rules has taken place, that this is not the behaviour expected of one of the world's most successful clubs (!) and that they simply must not do it again or they will get a severe talking to. Once that's out the way arrangements can be put in place for a heavy duty session of anal sex - just like the old days (january) before all this unpleasantness got in the way.

You see, any penalty for failure to lodge double contacts should be something to set against whatever version of Rangers exists given that they will be recognisable in football terms as one and the same beast. But that won't happen. No balls you see. Just a great big gaping lubed arse for Rangers to plunge.

I made my choice years ago when the pie man was ruining Hearts. Thank f**k I did because this is a lot easier for me to watch from the sides than some of you are finding it.

I'd happily follow a lower league team as well.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Who has the booziest set of fans?

Stirling Albion... my local team.

I go and watch them a fair bit as well as my ST at Celtic.... only slight problem is they are currently worse than shit :(

This. £295 season ticket and £70 car park plus catering and merchandise spend to watch the Old Firm Truman Show, with every other club as subservient fodder who know their place?

Fcuk that.

See you on the golf course, at a Juniors game, or something less corrupt.

I wont buy a season ticket if this is pushed through, I cant say yet I wont go to any games, but I most certainly wont ever be going to a match involving Rangers.

We should be on B&W army with a list of supporters who will not buy season tickets this year (but currently do) and get it forwarded to Gilmour before the meeting.

I'd happily follow a lower league team as well.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Who has the booziest set of fans?

Back in the day the Inverness teams seemed to be followed by a particularly alcohol refreshed crowd - that just leaves you Clach now, of course.

The majority of spectators at Highland League games seemed to have indulged in a dram or three before the game, things may have changed.

The juniors also seemed to attract drinkers of the excessive persuasion.

Although if you were three sheets to the wind yourself it wouldn't really matter about the state of sobriety of your fellow spectators I would have thought, other than they may try to keep out of your way.

Notice this on facebook........Who's paying for this full stadium card display then?

Might have paid the wee newsagents they owe or the Ambulance Service but no lets have a massive card display instead ....nice :wacko:

Volunteers Needed

Manager Alistair McCoist has asked us to help set out a full stadium card display on Saturday and I will be looking for volunteers on Thursday morning and night and again on Friday and Friday night if required.

rfcfkd.jpg

The only way a new Rangers can exist is by applying to join at the bottom, assetless with a brand new club. You cannot simply transfer assets from a debt laden company in administration to another. It is illegal.

Is there a difference between Scots and English Law on that because I think it has happened in England? As far as i'm aware, Leeds United would no longer be playing if there were no flexibility available on that.

Is there a difference between Scots and English Law on that because I think it has happened in England? As far as i'm aware, Leeds United would no longer be playing if there were no flexibility available on that.

Nope, no difference. I'm led to believe Leeds got a CVA first.

Hey, instead of giving up football entirely, all the disinfranchised could put their support behind one team (like East Stirling or someone). With enough fans coming through the turnstiles and a massive boost in finances they could easily be challenging in the SPL in a few years. Having said that, Clach sounds do-able on a Saturday too.

There's far too much negativity on here at the moment.

Rangers are about to die people, and the pish that Doncaster is promoting with regards to a Newco is against the Law as I understand it.

the assets may not transfer, Whytey will hold onto the property and lease it to the Newco.