Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

yer man from sale sharks is an embarassment, cant believe he had the nerve to turn up last night? big shot publiicity seeker.

It was his last chance to be spoken about, in a few months he will be that fella, you known, baldy and creepy looking wouldnae take off his shades.

Sorry, got to do it.....Bill Miller....."He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Could equally well be applied to Craig Whyte, which all journos and Rangers fans should remember as they no doubt hail Miller as the second coming.

Ravelin

Edited by Ravelin

Its not quite as simple, now, as a straightforward liquidation. The oldco will own all the shares in the newco. Once the oldco is liquidated, those shares must go somewhere, but I dont really understand where, or to who

In order for the Oldco to get a CVA, it has to have tangible assets ie. security. The tangible assets will be the shares in the Newco.

If the CVA is not agreed to - and as Maureen from MIM has already explained on her podcast currently there's NO chance of a CVA as Ticketus and HMRC can both easily block it - then the old co is liquidated, which means everyone gets a cut of the tangible assets, ie. the shares - in accordance to their cut of the debt.

All of a sudden Ticketus and HMRC own Rangers de facto, not Miller.

Amount owed = £137 million

Worth of Tangible Assets = £135 million.

You can guess what happens next.

So, Miller has coughed half a million for preferred bidder status and a proper swatch at the books.

14 days to make his mind up.

I reckon it will take 4 and he will be washing his hands of the whole shebang, then its TBK's back to the rescue......

So it's the NewCo solution -- move everything into a NewCo will the existing company is "cleaned up" aka "wound up".

If the NewCo ends up in the SPL, it will be a disgrace.

No Q&A at the press conf??? I'm also concerned that Miller has said he has sufficient comfort from the football administrators to allow him to make his bid unconditional.

Thankfully it looks loke the Pars will miss out on the 'big show' next season....sanction free Rangers, coming to a town near you soon!

Paul Clark, of Duff and Phelps[/b] addressing staff at a meeting at Ibrox: ']

"We would like to thank all parties for their efforts in seeking to submit bids which preserve the long history and success of the Club.

"We are delighted to announce that today we have received an unconditional bid for the business and assets of Rangers Football Club plc from Mr Bill Miller which has been accepted in principle and he is now the preferred bidder.

presumably with all the existing - and any future - sanctions to still be applied, if that's the case ???

Thought I'd get a quick post in before this closes as RFC are saved now. Schedule is: preferred bidder announced today, meeting with Doncaster tomorrow, weekend of quotes and exclusives but only for "monarchist apologists" (I'm trying to participate here!), SPL vote on Monday and its wearrapeepull all over again! HMRC will issue a statement saying that it's all been a big misunderstanding and as we all need a strong orcteam let's just call it quits.

Oh, well. Next subject please.

Is Millar getting his half a mil back if he doesn't press ahead?

Let me put it another way, dis he pay £500k because someone says you have to see this, hilarious stuff?

When Paul Murray and His Blue Knights (featuring Brian Kennedy) were asked for £500k I'm pretty sure it was an unrefundable deposit