Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They can spin it all they want but the fact is (to save the company) you need to flush a minimum of £10m (and that's a very, very generous minimum) down the pisser to take over a business which loses £1m a month, can't strengthen the playing squad and has already mortgaged away revenue streams such as season ticket money, catering and merchandise and has devalued their main playing assets to survive for the last three months. Beyond that they are already visibly weaker than their only true competitor and won't get money from Europe for at least one and maybe three years. An absolute Rangers die hard may consider this a good deal, no one else in their right mind will consider it. If they can find some group of people willing to take them over and save them then fair play, they'll have played a blinder.

All players and management, D+P and the fans would have been much better acknowledging they were beyond saving within about a week of going into administration. Their focus would have been much better spent on ensuring a return for creditors and Rangers could continue, at Ibrox, in any form at any level of the Scottish league system next season.

Part 1 won't happen. (And it'd have to be significantly more than £10m, more like £70-80m to save them it seems)

Part 2 is the icing on the cake. At first some people were arguing that "you can't blame (punish) the fans for this". That argument, whether you believe it or not, is well and truly spent now. If the fans hadn't been so ignorant (swallowing every piece of lamb that was sent their way), and acting so adamant that someone would save them somehow, instead of looking into the facts and figures themselves, then they could have tried to have a concerted effort to start a new club at whatever level, to continue the name etc. But they didn't. Their own arrogance has left them with no time left to do anything. No "Rangers" of any sort. And isn't that satisfying?

Part 1 won't happen. (And it'd have to be significantly more than £10m, more like £70-80m to save them it seems)

Part 2 is the icing on the cake. At first some people were arguing that "you can't blame (punish) the fans for this". That argument, whether you believe it or not, is well and truly spent now. If the fans hadn't been so ignorant (swallowing every piece of lamb that was sent their way), and acting so adamant that someone would save them somehow, instead of looking into the facts and figures themselves, then they could have tried to have a concerted effort to start a new club at whatever level, to continue the name etc. But they didn't. Their own arrogance has left them with no time left to do anything. No "Rangers" of any sort. And isn't that satisfying?

I reckon they'll still Newco in the SPL for the time of next season.

I can exclusivly reveal that the latest bid is to be bankrolled by that paragon of virtue and honesty ------ THE VATICAN BANK --------------.

The bloke with the cash should have been there this morning, but they just found him hanging underneath a bridge.

THAT'S THURSDAY LUNCHTIME COME AND GONE !

Just how many people need to starve because they are waiting for D&P to give their permission to begin eating?

I think that HMRC will issue a winding up order in the next couple of weeks. They cant surely be sitting back and thinking that Duff and Duffer are working sensibly and for the benefit of creditors first, company second. Why havent they been hauled up over this complete incompetence?

Im about 99% that there wont be a Rankgers next season (or any other season). Why on earth would anyone buy a business that is hemorrhaging money and so Toxic that its going to take a lot of written off millions from the buyer, just to keep it from sinking while the sale process is carried out?

So many questions, So many lies, misconceptions and deluded Rankgers fans,pundits and "news"papers.

I will have to withdraw my bid as it's my daughter's birthday today and I paid for pony lessons.

Most people from Paisley spend their money on the ponies, Partick Thistle supporters spend it on pony lessons. :lol:

As a minor shareholder in HMFC I'm barred by league rules from being involved in any P&B takeover bid for Glasgow Rangers

But my 5 year old Jack Russell Terrier could take a stake. Harry Redknapp has established a clear precedent for this kind of thing,

His interests include barking at Dobermans, stealing the food from peoples plates if they're not carefull and leaving small piles of crap for other people to dispose of.

I suggest he be made spokesman for the bid.

Most people from Paisley spend their money on the ponies, Partick Thistle supporters spend it on pony lessons. :lol:

Are you stereotyping me????

Next you'll be saying that all rankgers fans are ugly and bigoted!!!! blink.gif

Are you stereotyping me????

Next you'll be saying that all rankgers fans are ugly and bigoted!!!! blink.gif

FFS you missed out fat. Unionist apologist.

I think that HMRC will issue a winding up order in the next couple of weeks. They cant surely be sitting back and thinking that Duff and Duffer are working sensibly and for the benefit of creditors first, company second. Why havent they been hauled up over this complete incompetence?

Im about 99% that there wont be a Rankgers next season (or any other season). Why on earth would anyone buy a business that is hemorrhaging money and so Toxic that its going to take a lot of written off millions from the buyer, just to keep it from sinking while the sale process is carried out?

So many questions, So many lies, misconceptions and deluded Rankgers fans,pundits and "news"papers.

I think they'll wait a bit longer. Why spend the money launching a fresh court case when the club is likely to fold next week (assuming that these fresh "last and final bids" are, as everyone expects, fantasy?)

The money's about to run out. No one has the money required to save the club. HMRC will not play ball. And Whyte, currently jockeying for post-liquidation position by appearing to deal reasonably with an anonymous London consortium, still has secured creditor status.

Unless a real rabbit is pulled from the hat tomorrow I can't see them lasting all that much longer, and the financial trainwreck will take years to clear in the courts.

The one puzzling thing is Alex Thomson's recent tweets- he remains convinced that Rangers will still exist in the SPL next season but isn't going into details. He is one journalist who hears regularly from Whyte so his view has to be taken seriously.