Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Worringly HMRC cutting deals with companies that have exploited 'legal' tax dodges :angry:

business news

Tax expert Richard Murphy said of the practice: "All absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, legal. I am still able to ask the question, is this acceptable? This is purely artificial structuring which is designed to undermine the tax revenues of the UK."

But some companies believed these rules breached European law by limiting economic freedom. It led to a series of court cases and by 2010 around 150 companies were in dispute with the HMRC over whether they should pay UK tax on their foreign profits.

Rather than continue the battle through the courts HMRC began striking deals with major companies over their tax.

The only 'good' thing is that it took 2 years of litigation afore a deal was struck, 2 years more time than Rangers have I reckon.

Worringly HMRC cutting deals with companies that have exploited 'legal' tax dodges :angry:

business news

No need for the quote marks on legal, and totally irrelevant in context of the Big Tax Case.

Rangers FC has been found guilty and is appealing. We're waiting for the appeal verdict. Why does no one ever note that detail?

Edited by Clarification_Bot

No need for the quote marks on legal, and totally irrelevant in context of the Big Tax Case.

Rangers FC has been found guilty and is appealing. We're waiting for the appeal verdict. Why does no one ever note that detail?

To clarify, the quote marks are to highlight - legal- , ie they are stated as legal but there has been no ruling on it, yet the HMRC have caved after 2 years. If legal why haven't the companies to them to shove it, if illegal why have HMRC not persused for the full amount?

And the detail is noted, Rangers FC has been found guilty and is appealing, except to potential bidders mwahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhaha

^^^clarification complete.

Edited by wunfellaff

From the Sun:

"Whyte battles to find a solution that will NOT see Gers slide into liquidation".

"Venture capitalist Whyte is desperate to avoid that scenario".

Is this the start of Craig Whyte's PR campaign as he battles to save the club he loves. Or is it just worth more to him as a going concern.

Edited by Cammy35

From the Sun:

"Whyte battles to find a solution that will

NOT see Gers slide into liquidation".

"Venture capitalist Whyte is desperate to avoid that scenario".

Is this the start of Craig

Whyte's PR campaign as he battles to save the club he loves. Or is it just worth more to him as a going concern.

Whyte started employing the Media House PR company last season to defend Rangers against accusations of bigotry and defend himself against accusations of being a shyster. Media House are named as creditors in the Duff and Duffer report but I think they're still working for Rangers and leading the 'Scottish football needs Rangers' campaign. Maybe Whyte is paying them with the money he got for the Arsenal shares.

Daily Record's latest instalment by Keef 'wealth off the radar' Jackson below. I see it's 'news by lunchtime' again!!!! Missing all these lunches henceforth should become known as 'The Rangers Diet':

Rangers in crisis: Blue Knights set ultimatum as they launch last ditch bid to buy Ibrox club

BRIAN KENNEDY and Paul Murray were mounting one final big push for control of Rangers last night after striking a deal for Craig Whyte's shares.

But they'll be forced to throw in the towel by lunchtime today and leave the way clear for a raft of last-minute bidders if they're not given the keys to Ibrox by then.

Kennedy, pictured, spoke exclusively to Record Sport last night to admit there are only hours remaining before the clock runs out at noon on the Blue Knights' plan to save the critically-ill club from liquidation.

Kennedy, Murray and their group of wealthy Rangers supporters believe they have to get to work immediately if they are to successfully deliver a CVA and avoid any need to start the 140-year-old club up again as a newco.

But unless they secure preferred bidder status before midday, they will reluctantly withdraw their £8.5million bid from the table and leave it up to the club's administrators to pick another saviour.

A mysterious London-based consortium are among those who flocked to the table following the withdrawal of American Bill Miller on Tuesday.

They too have talked disgraced owner Whyte into handing over his 85.3 per cent shareholding but have yet to make a firm cash offer.

As Record Sport revealed yesterday, former Rangers boss Walter Smith has been approached about fronting up another of those anonymous parties.

But Smith will only be asked to help rush through a proposal if all the rest fall by the wayside which is exactly where Singaporean Bill Ng appeared to be heading at close of play yesterday after falling short for a second time.

The Blue Knights, though, are hopeful of bringing Ibrox legend Graeme Souness on board.

While Souness has made it clear he is not part of any consortium, he has been in constant contact with Kennedy and could join the new regime.

If that happens, Smith might be persuaded to join him at boardroom level to renew the partnership with Souness that began in 1986.

But such a scenario will only happen if the Blue Knights land control of the club today.

Kennedy, who was in New York yesterday, had been due to fly to Manchester overnight but he has now changed flights and will arrive in Glasgow this morning.

And he warned: "We have now arrived at the end of the road.

"If our bid is not accepted in the next

few hours then, most reluctantly, we will have to withdraw from the process by lunchtime.

"Let me be absolutely clear. This is not

brinkmanship or an empty threat.

"We have a plan to save this club but my lawyers, Walker Morris, have advised me it will not be possible to execute a CVA unless, on Saturday morning, we begin working, full-time and flat out on due diligence and documentation. Any later than that and our plan cannot be delivered with any legal certainty.

"For that reason we'll be forced to withdraw our offer today and neither I nor any member of the Blue Knights consortium will be left as the last man standing."

The Murray-Kennedy merger first appeared to have grabbed pole position more than a week ago when they believed their offer was accepted during a phone call with administrator Paul Clark.

But the deal was then KO'd when Duff and Phelps said they could not secure Whyte's shares.

Instead, they named Miller as their front runner and backed his newco plan as being easier to deliver.

Clark's colleague, David Whitehouse, then infuriated the Knights by denying their offer had been accepted in the first place.

A clearly riled Kennedy said yesterday: "For David Whitehouse to say otherwise is a slur on the character of Paul Murray. Paul doesn't tell lies.

"If someone else makes a bigger offer, that's fine. But it's about deliverability, not just quantum.

"The administrators chose the wrong horse with Bill Miller. I wouldn't like to see them make the same mistake again."

But we can now reveal, before jetting out to his business HQ in New York earlier this week, Kennedy met Whyte.

And he flew across the Atlantic clutching a letter signed by Whyte in which the terms of their agreement were outlined.

And that piece of paper could yet prove to be a game changer.

Whyte has entered into a similar, potentially much more lucrative, agreement with the London bidders who, it is claimed, have a history of operating in top-level football down south.

But their strategy is also dependent on the club, which will run out of funds on June 1, exiting administration through a CVA. And time is fast running out to achieve that.

In fact, the person Kennedy has selected as the man to run Rangers, former Scottish Rugby Union chief executive Gordon McKie, has spent the last four days locked inside Ibrox poring over the club's finances.

McKie has now clocked up almost two weeks' worth of due diligence from the books which is two weeks' more than any of the rival bidders.

But all his hard work could yet count for nothing if Kennedy and Murray decide they can afford to wait no longer.

Edited by Claymores

Hang on a minute, if he's writing about rangers then what does that leave jimbo with? Can't surely be another peace on 'I've said from the start liquidation' or 'Scottish football and the other clubs need Rangers to survive'.

Daily Record's latest instalment by Keef 'wealth off the radar' Jackson below. I see it's 'news by lunchtime' again!!!! Missing all these lunches henceforth should become known as 'The Rangers Diet':

The Murray-Kennedy merger first appeared to have grabbed pole position more than a week ago when they believed their offer was accepted during a phone call with administrator Paul Clark.

But the deal was then KO'd when Duff and Phelps said they could not secure Whyte's shares.

Instead, they named Miller as their front runner and backed his newco plan as being easier to deliver.

Clark's colleague, David Whitehouse, then infuriated the Knights by denying their offer had been accepted in the first place.

A clearly riled Kennedy said yesterday: "For David Whitehouse to say otherwise is a slur on the character of Paul Murray. Paul doesn't tell lies.

"If someone else makes a bigger offer, that's fine. But it's about deliverability, not just quantum.

"The administrators chose the wrong horse with Bill Miller. I wouldn't like to see them make the same mistake again."

Incredible 'logic'. "It doesn't matter if our bid is only a fiver, the important thing is I have the fiver in my pocket. Now. Look I'll show you."

Difficult dilema for me is choosing who is the most likely liars Paul Murray and the Blue Knights or Haudit & Daudit - that's a tough one. 8)

Hang on a minute, if he's writing about rangers then what does that leave jimbo with? Can't surely be another peace on 'I've said from the start liquidation' or 'Scottish football and the other clubs need Rangers to survive'.

I'm going to say a "The entirity of Scottish Football stands on the brink of annihilation today" type article, trying to scaremonger us all.

1336719986[/url]' post='6223247']

I'm going to say a "The entirity of Scottish Football stands on the brink of annihilation today" type article, trying to scaremonger us all.

This is where the chairman of all teams need to chip in for a full page advert in major papers ,

Dear Scottish Media,

We'll be fine thanks.

Yours. The Diddy teams

In fact, the person Kennedy has selected as the man to run Rangers, former Scottish Rugby Union chief executive Gordon McKie, has spent the last four days locked inside Ibrox poring over the club's finances.

McKie has now clocked up almost two weeks' worth of due diligence from the books..........

Keef Jackson explains how to do 2 weeks worth of diligence in only 4 days! :D

Keef as his exlusive best!

When does Brian Kennedy have his lunch though? If it's different from Laurel & Hardy there could be disaster. If Brian pisses of for his donner & chips at 12, he might miss the call and Rangers will go down the tubes.

It's Friday Clark & Whitehouse might finish at 11.30 and go for a pint, and we all know how that ends on a Friday.

Anything could happen!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

When does Brian Kennedy have his lunch though? If it's different from Laurel & Hardy there could be disaster. If Brian pisses of for his donner & chips at 12, he might miss the call and Rangers will go down the tubes.

It's Friday Clark & Whitehouse might finish at 11.30 and go for a pint, and we all know how that ends on a Friday.

Anything could happen!

Imagine getting stuck next to that pair in the pub, "...so I says to Bill Ng, Bill your quantum isn't big enough, Bill Miller's quantum's much bigger than yours. Took me half an hour that conversation, Singapore kant, but, well it was another 300 quid in the hipper..........."