Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

BRIAN KENNEDY and Paul Murray....forced to throw in the towel by lunchtime today and leave the way clear for a raft of last-minute bidders

hqdefault.jpg

guys - i've got some seagull shit and a crisp packet full of ma own pish - that has ta make me preferred bidder for The Rangurs, no ?

you fucking hang on, mon, see what's this wee piece of shite in ma belly button - they're mine, i tells you...

Edited by Herman Hessian

Quantum seems to be the new buzzword in all this.

Are they just using it to mean quantity or amount? Not sure that's what it really means.

quan·tum/ˈkwäntəm/

Noun:

• A discrete quantity of energy proportional in magnitude to the frequency of the radiation it represents.
  • An analogous discrete amount of any other physical quantity, such as momentum or electric charge.

Are they just using it to mean quantity or amount? Not sure that's what it really means.

quan·tum/ˈkwäntəm/

Noun:

• A discrete quantity of energy proportional in magnitude to the frequency of the radiation it represents.
  • An analogous discrete amount of any other physical quantity, such as momentum or electric charge.

Wasn't there a report yesterday that 'Quantum' was their new word for 'deadline'? Apparently they think they've used the word 'deadline' and not actually met a deadline so often now, that people are suspicious. It's a cunning plan. I'm going to try it too. My new word for Sandy Jardine will now be 'ambassador'. Until now it has been 'fanny'. Let's run with it and see how it goes.

quan·tum/ˈkwäntəm/

Noun:

You're exactly right - it's just a corporate buzz-word to make it sound more impressive...............and almost as funny as Chic young saying the other day that bidders were now doing "sophisticated" examinations of the situation! :D

You're exactly right - it's just a corporate buzz-word to make it sound more impressive...............and almost as funny as Chic young saying the other day that bidders were now doing "sophisticated" examinations of the situation! :D

This must be the kind of thing that lets you do two weeks of due diligence in 4 days. At this rate Rangers will be saved after all, if a CVA normally takes 6 weeks then with Gordon McKie on the case we can push it through in 12 days, he will need to be locked in a room though.

Oh look!

It's a raft of last minute bidders.

They don't look all that healthy, though.......

67928-004-9567195C.jpg

Edited to say: with apologies to Herman Hessian who got his raft image in more quickly than I did mine.

Edited by Milo

I've not read this before and have no great interest in RM. Parts of the thread are distasteful. To say the, "whole thread is shockingly offensive" is a wee bit dramatic. Some quips are humorous - so it certainly isn't 'the whole thread'.

Sad, though, that a few of our support haven't moved on in a generation. David Holmes was the Chief Exec who broke 'the policy' in the 1980s. What he said was sensible:

Edited to tidy up some typos.

sorry I meant to say the whole forum is shockingly offensive.

But we can now reveal, before jetting out to his business HQ in New York earlier this week, Kennedy met Whyte.And he flew across the Atlantic clutching a letter signed by Whyte in which the terms of their agreement were outlined. And that piece of paper could yet prove to be a game changer.

97jvhu.jpg

Edited by NewBornBairn

As Record Sport revealed yesterday, former Rangers boss Walter Smith has been approached about fronting up another of those anonymous parties.

But Smith will only be asked to help rush through a proposal if all the rest fall by the wayside which is exactly where Singaporean Bill Ng appeared to be heading at close of play yesterday after falling short for a second time.

The Blue Knights, though, are hopeful of bringing Ibrox legend Graeme Souness on board.

While Souness has made it clear he is not part of any consortium, he has been in constant contact with Kennedy and could join the new regime.

If that happens, Smith might be persuaded to join him at boardroom level – to renew the partnership with Souness that began in 1986.

Ah.....now I get it. Keef putting the 'moron' into oxymoron.....oh yes he is, oh no he isn't, oh yes he is, oh....bang!

From the Sun:

"Whyte battles to find a solution that will NOT see Gers slide into liquidation".

"Venture capitalist Whyte is desperate to avoid that scenario".

Is this the start of Craig Whyte's PR campaign as he battles to save the club he loves. Or is it just worth more to him as a going concern.

Interesting to hear "Deluded" Cosgrove tomorrow on Lomas' comments on the above link.

Can anyone tell me when the sfa appeal against the signing sanctions takes place?

Yes, that will be the same day that the appeal against the singing sanctions takes place.

Followed by the double contract sanctions, the fit and proper person sanctions, the 2 set of books sanction, the bringing the game into disrepute sanctions, the too many fat supporter sanctions, the carbon footprint sanctions ( and we thought it was cutting down Brazilian rain forests that caused global warming, no it is fat Rangers fans' methane output), and sanctions for terrorising communities across Scotland and scaring the weans.

Seriously, is there ANYTHING good we can say about them? sad.gif

Wasn't there a report yesterday that 'Quantum' was their new word for 'deadline'? Apparently they think they've used the word 'deadline' and not actually met a deadline so often now, that people are suspicious. It's a cunning plan. I'm going to try it too. My new word for Sandy Jardine will now be 'ambassador'. Until now it has been 'fanny'. Let's run with it and see how it goes.

Whoooooooooooosh.

Yes, that will be the same day that the appeal against the singing sanctions takes place.

Followed by the double contract sanctions, the fit and proper person sanctions, the 2 set of books sanction, the bringing the game into disrepute sanctions, the too many fat supporter sanctions, the carbon footprint sanctions ( and we thought it was cutting down Brazilian rain forests that caused global warming, no it is fat Rangers fans' methane output), and sanctions for terrorising communities across Scotland and scaring the weans.

Nope!

97jvhu.jpg

ABOUT THOSE SHARES

Potential Buyer: " I have just flown back from talking with Herr Whyte. I have in my hand a document which bears his signature and mine...............wait a minute...why is it perforated? ..........what is that word? ......Andrex...?

Good God! ............Are those skidmarks!!?"

Edited by Milo

There seems to be a divergence in the media now. For a while all the stories were on a few themes. Now there a obviously different spins being put on various aspects of the RFC decline. One that seems to have been running, spin upon spin, is the "fact" that 4 or 5 clbs will go to the wall if RFC disappear from the SPL. By a logical step, that means that 4 or 5 teams, currently in the SPl which don't play the Gers next season will go bust. Killie ar quoted as being in the most precarious position, but what would have been the case if Killie didn't play gers next season, not because Gers go bust, but because Killie got relegated. Would they disappear? No, they'd have to downsize, just as Dunfermline will have to do. DAFC will survive next season, so mibbe all those clubs in trouble should employ DAFC's accountant as a consultant to show them how it's done without the Glorious Govan Gamblers.

No, the way I see it is this is not only about the wrongdoings of a corrupt football club, and for that alone they deserve to die, but also that their demise will remove a focal point for a particularly vile section of society and in some way help bring our wee country into the 21st century.

As Record Sport revealed yesterday, former Rangers boss Walter Smith has been approached about fronting up another of those anonymous parties.

But Smith will only be asked to help rush through a proposal if all the rest fall by the wayside which is exactly where Singaporean Bill Ng appeared to be heading at close of play yesterday after falling short for a second time.

The Blue Knights, though, are hopeful of bringing Ibrox legend Graeme Souness on board.

While Souness has made it clear he is not part of any consortium, he has been in constant contact with Kennedy and could join the new regime.

If that happens, Smith might be persuaded to join him at boardroom level – to renew the partnership with Souness that began in 1986.

Ah.....now I get it. Keef putting the 'moron' into oxymoron.....oh yes he is, oh no he isn't, oh yes he is, oh....bang!

If I can summarise the above.

Walter. I will not be putting any money in.

I will take a job that gives you credibility with the fans. I want a 3 year rolling contract at £500k per annum, plus travel expenses. ( Me and the wife like to keep our tans topped up).

Souness. I will not be putting any money in.

I will take a job that gives you credibility with the fans. I want a 3 year rolling contract at £1 million per annum, plus travel expenses. ( Me and some burd I fancy at the time like to keep our tans topped up).

Walter made the following statement on his appointment. " I am delighted to help Rangers the greatest club in the world. We owe it to our history, our loyal fans and the current players who have done their bit. I see a great future ahead of us with **Mr Ng, Kennedy, the English prats consortium, the Pie & Bovril consortium and I want to be part of it."

Souness made the following statement on his appointment. " I am delighted to help Rangers the greatest club in the world . We owe it to our history, our loyal fans and the current players who have done their bit. I see a great future ahead of us with **Mr Ng, Kennedy, the English prats consortium, the Pie & Bovril consortium and I want to be part of it."

** delete as appropriate.

Edited by thelegendthatis

This must be the kind of thing that lets you do two weeks of due diligence in 4 days. At this rate Rangers will be saved after all, if a CVA normally takes 6 weeks then with Gordon McKie on the case we can push it through in 12 days, he will need to be locked in a room though.

A subsidiary question of mine Cammy is how come McKie has been locked in Ibrox pouring over the books? I thought the story was only a Preferred bidder could be allowed access to the totality. Surely, giving full access to one 'bidder' prejudices the bidding process (while it is still active) as the Blue Knights presumably will have more info that that solely contained in the virtual 'data room'