Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I see that Rangers' appeal against the SFA sanctions will be heard this coming Wednesday. Is there any chance that the SFA can increase the ban on the basis of a frivolous appeal?

Theoretically yes but I find it hard to imagine they would do so.

Shame as it would be bloody brilliant.

Alasdair Lamont ‏ @BBCAlLamont

Note of reasons (lengthy) also published. A few things jump out: "The identities of the members of the (original) Tribunal were disclosed..

Retweeted by BBC Sportsound

Alasdair Lamont ‏ @BBCAlLamont

..to the parties in advance of the Tribunal. There was no objection raised by any party to any of the members."

Rangers knew who were on the original panel and Ally McCoist stirred up his fans to hunt out the panel. If that is not a criminal act I don't know what is.

New blog from Alex Thomson.

To sum it up, if I'm right...

1) Whyte has agreed to sell shares for £1 but only if a CVA can be agreed (which is unlikely in most peoples opinions so is probably a smokescreen from Whyte to make himself look better).

2) Whyte probably still holds the "floating charge" and that hasn't yet been the subject of any negotiations. If he can force that to be honoured then he's in for a payout of some sorts, which may of course disappear straight to Ticketus if they manage to sue him.

3) Irrespective of CVA or Newco UEFA probably won't let Rangers into Europe for at least 3 years and nobody other than Alex seems to have addressed this!!! What happens if they are still in admin at the start of next season, will that push back their Euro re-entry another year?

Ravelin

P.S. Nice to see TBK being the deadline setter this time, rather than D&P. I wonder of TBK will hold to their deadlines better than D&P do? :rolleyes:

Edited by Ravelin

@bbcsportsound: RT @BBCAILamont: Note of the reasons (lengthy) also published. A few things jump out:"The identities of the members of the (original) tribunal to the parties in advance of the Tribunal. There was no objection raised by any party to any of the members

So as we all expected. Rangers knew so Fat Ally knew so his bluster about openness and naming these people was as misguided and disgisting as it appeared. Come on you Fat Idiot justify your rant now.

It appears the Alan Cowan (ex Thistle board) will be one of those on the appeal committee. This is not good news.

How come?

Alasdair Lamont is going through the note of reasons and tweeting interesting bits...obviously the appeal board may take a different view to the original trio but they used seriously damning language and it would be a major about turn for Rangers to now get off with this.

It appears the Alan Cowan (ex Thistle board) will be one of those on the appeal committee. This is not good news.

Exactly what I thought, he doesnt give a toss about the feelings of the normal fan

No one has a clue overseas of what is going on.

In Poland the latest news was that Rangers was handed out some punishment by the SFA, i.e. a ban on signing players. The mad (as in "crazy") chairman was also punished.

Some bad journalism is evident - e.g. "Whyte over several years as owner ran up a debt of 134 million pounds".

A! Found the latest - "some guy Miller was to buy the club, looked at the books which were in worse shape than he expected so he dropped his bid. The poor attitude of the fans towards him was supposedly also a major factor".

"The administrators do not expect to find a buyer for a club with such debts."

Small stuff ...

Borys

Edited by Borys

I appreciate this may well have been covered somewhere between page 1 and page 860-odd where I started reading, but what is the Celtic view on a newco Rangers, a phoenix Rangers?

Will they still have that 'hate' for the new lot, or will they not even bat an eyelid as they have no 'history' with the new club?

Grant Russell ‏ @STVGrant

"Tribunal considered whether should terminate Rangers' membership of the SFA and concluded punishment was too severe." bit.ly/JifJlO

The panel let them off and McCoist still wanted blood, I hope they reassess this and go forwards with the expulsion in the appeal.

The point I was making was, the amount offered won't change. It'd just be spread thinner if the debt goes up.

But I dont think the debt can go up, isnt that the point. You cant vote on a CVA at 10p in the £ and then have the administrators come back a few weeks later and say "oh, actually we missed this other £50m" you're now all getting half

I appreciate this may well have been covered somewhere between page 1 and page 860-odd where I started reading, but what is the Celtic view on a newco Rangers, a phoenix Rangers?

Will they still have that 'hate' for the new lot, or will they not even bat an eyelid as they have no 'history' with the new club?

I think that they would welcome the newco as it has no history of bigotry and arrogance - with open arms. The New Firm promises to be one grand love in (or f**k up)

They will do 'what is best for Celtic', code for: not object to a Newco.

But I dont think the debt can go up, isnt that the point. You cant vote on a CVA at 10p in the £ and then have the administrators come back a few weeks later and say "oh, actually we missed this other £50m" you're now all getting half

That's how I had it explained to me by a janitor in KPMG. The gist is TBK have x amount and that amount is unlikely to go up.