Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've never heard of a liquidator's investigation. That sounds really juicy. i'd buy tickets to watch that happen.

I cant remember where I read it, but Im sure the liquidator has far more power to investigate the goings on of the company than the administrator does.

Well, it is a matter of opinion whether they should have been a lot worse, of course - and we'll see how the appeal goes. 8)

Its not a matter of opinion, however, that the original panel consider a much harsher punishment.

Posted Today, 10:14 AM

snapback.pngdebear, on 11 May 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Spartans and Partick chairmen apparently.

Ex Partick, sorry.

Matthew Lindsay ‏ @MattLindsayET

The Rangers appeal will be heard by Rt. Hon. Lord Carloway, Spartans chairman Craig Graham and ex-Partick Thistle chairman Allan Cowan.

Names where surnames and forenames could be swapped without question...we are in the clear this time.......

Posted Today, 10:16 AM

GeneralCartmanLee, on 11 May 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Names where surnames and forenames could be swapped without question...we are in the clear this time.......

let's not jump to conclusions before we check the school records.

Another gem from Rangers media rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Well Well

Not sure about quantum bit I feel there will be a paradigm shift in Scottish football and hopefully society when the odious institution is finally erased.

Quote: In 1962, Thomas Kuhn wrote The Structure of Scientific Revolution, and fathered, defined and popularized the concept of "paradigm shift" (p.10). Kuhn argues that scientific advancement is not evolutionary, but rather is a "series of peaceful interludes punctuated by intellectually violent revolutions", and in those revolutions "one conceptual world view is replaced by another".

So far all we have been doing is shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic. This is being done by Rangers administrators, all the bidders, SFA, SPL and others.

When the "unsinkable" Titanic went down with the massive loss of lives, it resulted in enormous changes in ship design, safety practices, numbers of lifeboats, the Radio Act (1912) , Ice Patrols, Convention on International Safety at Sea.

As the deckchairs are still being rearranged on the Rangers deck, we hear the "unsinkable" defence continually being promoted which is just the same as the talk about the Titanic before it sailed.

If the Titanic had not gone down, many lives would have been lost at seas in later years.

So sometimes the unsinkable has to sink so we can all benefit in the longer term.

Now is that time. smile.gif

And here's your panel...

Craig Graham = Spartans Chairman?

http://en.wikipedia....i/Spartans_F.C.

And Lord Carloway was the Judge on the first trial to test the anti-sectarian laws:

http://www.theredcar...events?news=447

Judges brand Famine Song 'racist'

The controversial Famine Song sung by some Rangers fans is racist, appeal court judges have ruled.

Lord Carloway, who heard the appeal with temporary judges Alastair Dunlop QC and Brian Lockhart QC, said: "Presence inside a football stadium does not give a spectator a free hand to behave as he pleases. There are limits and the appellant's conduct went well beyond those limits."

Referring to the Famine Song, the senior judge said: "The court does not consider that the lyrics of this refrain bear any reasonable comparison to those of 'Flower of Scotland' or indeed 'God Save the Queen'.

"Rather they are racist in calling upon people native to Scotland to leave the country because of their racial origins. This is a sentiment which... many persons will find offensive."

Lord Carloway added that the appeal judges had no difficulty in accepting the sheriff's conclusion that singing the song's chorus "displays malice and ill-will towards people of Irish descent living in Scotland".

***** alert! shifty.gif

Edited by Macshimmy

Posted Today, 10:14 AM

snapback.pngdebear, on 11 May 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Spartans and Partick chairmen apparently.

Ex Partick, sorry.

Matthew Lindsay ‏ @MattLindsayET

The Rangers appeal will be heard by Rt. Hon. Lord Carloway, Spartans chairman Craig Graham and ex-Partick Thistle chairman Allan Cowan.

Another gem from Rangers media rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Looking forward to days of 17th century irish history, family trees and tenuous "republican" connections from the usual orcs just in case.

Presumably Ally will only need clarity on their home addresses this time.

It would be unfortunate if someone brought it to the attention of Strathclyde's finest that Rangers, and McCoist being their manager, had prior knowledge of the panels identity. It could very well be seen that Rangers spokesman calling for transparency to the identity of the panel's members was aimed at stirring up illegal activity against these people. I'm not the type to run to the old bill but I'm sure there will be some Celtic supporting internet warriors who are considering it now.

The SFA should have pulled Fat Sally up in front of them to explain his comments because surely if he actually knew the panels identity then he had no reason to make the comments about asking for the panels identity to be made known, as he must have known what the response would be from the Rangers hate brigade considering the Neil Lennon incident.

Edited by Gaspode