Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Considering the mishmash of insanity that this has become, it is fitting that this has been rolling around my head the last while. Thank you Madness....... :)

Griegy wears his marching best

Chico's tired he needs a rest

The players are eating all the pies

Shaggers sighing in his sleep

Naisys got an offer to keep

He can't hang around

Our hoose, in the middle of our street

Our hoose, in the middle of our

Our hoose it has a crowd

There's always something happening

And it's usually quite bigotted and loud

Our Coisty he's so house-proud

Nothing ever slows him down

And a winning bid is not allowed

(Something tells you)

(That you've got to get away from it)

Our house, in the middle of our

Chico doesn't get up for work

Coisty has to sell the shirts

Then he sends the kids to training

Sees them off with a small kiss

He's the one they're going to miss

In lots of ways

[instrumental Interlude]

I remember way back then when

Everything was blue and when

We would have such a very good time

Such a fine time

Such a happy time

And I remember how we'd play

Simply waste the opposition away

Then we'd say

Nothing would come between us

Two dreamers

Griegy wears his marching best

Chico's tired he needs a rest

The players are eating all the pies

Shaggers sighing in his sleep

Naisys got an offer to keep

He can't hang around

Our hoose, was our castle and our keep

Our hoose, that was where we used to sleep

It's gone.......

but the sentence structure is quite something.

I've turned down potential flatmates on account of their emails containing a similar standard of grammar and punctuation. laugh.gif

It also seems to touch on points without really going into any depth. Reeks of someone just trying to blur the edges doesn't it?

The lack of depth appears to be a giveaway; there's no information that wasn't publicly available yesterday. Also, the letter appears to have been signed by the wrong person (unless I'm reading it wrong).

Edited by Huistrinho

"What I actually think is their lawyers [the Blue Knights ones] told them next week is the last date to enact a CVA and they will spend the week undermining and becoming the default last option."

It definitely looks like the BKs are interested primarily in the post-liquidation scenario at this point. What's worth exploring maybe is how they get their hands on Ibrox, Murray Park and the Albion car park in the aftermath because without those there is no easy way to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Are they relying on Craig Whyte being able to grab those rather than Ticketus and HMRC? If money for Jelavic is coming in and if players like Naismith can be sold for close to market value this could probaby drag on into the new season, so they probably do need to clear the field where bidders are concerned over the next week or so.

The sad thing is, that Celtic might be the one club that Traynor could actually be right about with his pish of "people are holding off buying season tickets until they know they are guaranteed to see Rangers". It's nonsense for every other club, but for Celtic this may well be the case for some of them. I know a few folk up in this area that buy season tickets for one of the bigot brothers, and only go to a handful of games each season... namely the OF games.

I reckon he's right. But not in the way he's intending to be. I think a lot of fans are holding off on buying season tickets until they know they are guaranteed NOT to see Rangers.

I was at the Armadillo last night, to witness the genius that is Elvis Costello play a blinding three-hour set that is up there with Springsteen for sheer unadulterated live concert wonderfulness. If wonderfulness is even a word. Anyway - the point of this is that sitting two rows in front of me was Graeme Spiers. Now, the bloke was on a night out, so there's no way I was about to be an arsehole and say anything to the guy, but I was tempted. Sorely tempted to ask him if anything happened to Elvis Costello, did he think the other members of the band would actually die.

If it had been Traynor in front of me, I would have.

I've turned down potential flatmates on account of their emails containing a similar standard of grammar and punctuation. laugh.gif

:lol: Quite right too! I couldn't live with someone that stupid. :lol:

The lack of depth appears to be a giveaway; there's no information that wasn't publicly available yesterday. Also, the letter appears to have been signed by the wrong person (unless I'm reading it wrong).

Aye, they seem to allude to points and throw a few figures in without actually being clear on anything.

I think the letter is signed right though. As I read it, the letter is from the David Hinchcliffe fella, but the Dave Swanton bloke is the guy that has shared it/tweeted it on behalf.

But there's no way in hell that such a poorly written letter, came from the pen of a "Partner" in a Commercial and Corporate Law Firm.

LOL - cause it is crossed by the long tail of the "R" it does make it look like a fake £ sign....................fake pounds is all they have tho!

Shit. I thought it was a shite tattoo artist that had done an 'L' instead. I know it's a new tattoo, but by Christ I hope it's an old photo.

It'd be like that guy that got his Andy Cole Black Flash tattoo weeks before he went to Man U.

"The argument is if the other half of the Old Firm are in disarray and a pale imitation of their former selves the less likely it is the Celtic fans will turn out in the same numbers."

This isn't correct surely - what it should say is "Celtic fans are holding off buying season tickets until they are sure Rangers have been punished appropriately."

No?

I reckon he's right. But not in the way he's intending to be. I think a lot of fans are holding off on buying season tickets until they know they are guaranteed NOT to see Rangers.

That's not the way he meant it at all though. He categorically said that people were holding off buying essentially because if there was no Rangers there was no point. When without a doubt many of these folk not taking their ST's up as early as normal are doing so with the thought of boycott still in their mind (and as a way of putting their point across).

This season maybe...but this why Celtic more than anyone else are in a lose-lose. Let Rangers back in and their fans will go mental and not buy season tickets out of principle, keep Rangers out and the season is over so there's no point in buying season tickets.

Was Brian Kennedy ever serious about buying Rangers or did he just enjoy talking about it?

Someone has posted on hibsrumours that Kennedy will be looking to invest in Hibs as he is a lifelong fan. Erm, yes..........

That's what I was thinking. They use some formal sounding words, and appeared to have used a spell-check, but the sentence structure is quite something. If that was written by a professional of some sort, then I would be very surprised. It also seems to touch on points without really going into any depth. Reeks of someone just trying to blur the edges doesn't it?

It is clearly written by someone with a minimal grasp of basic grammar and syntax. That would make it entirely in keeping with the rest of this mess though, so there's no way of knowing.

Yup. It's written by someone crying tears of laughter at their own witty zaniness, so much so that they put the wrong name at the bottom.

Why don't we buy one season ticket now, as per usual, and then a second season ticket if and only if the clubs tell Rangers (and by association, Celtic) to feck aff?

Was Brian Kennedy ever serious about buying Rangers or did he just enjoy talking about it?

I thought Brian Kennedy was a business man :rolleyes: Does he understand what the administrators role is in this, it's not about saving "The Rangers" His rant yesterday was designed to put pressure on the duffers..all these late bids smelling the opportunity to make some easy money, the whole thing is truely beyond parody.

Ally McCoist part in this has shown him up for the sleekit cnut that he is, dispicable.

I hope that the appeal they have punishes them further and reverts back to the original thoughts of the panel that Rangers should be expelled from the SFA, surely that will happen when the SPL eventually report on the EBT's anyway.

If I was a Rangers fan I'd be desperate to end this farce and try and retain some dignity by trying to get into the third division as quickly as I could, regardless of any outcome they have been shown to be cheats, getting away with it would kill any respectability the club had

"The argument is if the other half of the Old Firm are in disarray and a pale imitation of their former selves the less likely it is the Celtic fans will turn out in the same numbers."

This isn't correct surely - what it should say is "Celtic fans are holding off buying season tickets until they are sure Rangers have been punished appropriately."

No?

I disagree, for many clubs your second sentence will be correct but for Celtic it will be more of a mixed bag. See HD's post below.

This season maybe...but this why Celtic more than anyone else are in a lose-lose. Let Rangers back in and their fans will go mental and not buy season tickets out of principle, keep Rangers out and the season is over so there's no point in buying season tickets.

The sad thing is, that Celtic might be the one club that Traynor could actually be right about with his pish of "people are holding off buying season tickets until they know they are guaranteed to see Rangers". It's nonsense for every other club, but for Celtic this may well be the case for some of them. I know a few folk up in this area that buy season tickets for one of the bigot brothers, and only go to a handful of games each season... namely the OF games.

f**k me, did Traynor actually say this? Just when you think he can't surprise you an more, he manages to descend further into fantasy.