Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Serious question folks:

If what we lead to believe by our wonderful media, club chairmen & SPL Chiefs that SKY won't entertain covering a league without Rangers in it is true...........Why are they so sure that they will cover a league so jerrymandered that it doesn't just bend the rules to allow them back in but rips the rule book up and wipes its arse with it ?!

the excuse of "SKY made us do it" kind of reflects badly on SKY I'd have thought ?

Seriously......has any of our media asked SKY about this ?

Just go with Ole Ble Eyes singing "My Way"

And now the end is near

And so you face the final curtain...........

And More, much more than this

You did it Whyte's way

was suggested last night that Craig Whyte sings this song & represents Monaco in the Eurovision song contest..........whilst burning unsold Rangers season tickets ! laugh.gif

Serious question folks:

If what we lead to believe by our wonderful media, club chairmen & SPL Chiefs that SKY won't entertain covering a league without Rangers in it is true...........Why are they so sure that they will cover a league so jerrymandered that it doesn't just bend the rules to allow them back in but rips the rule book up and wipes its arse with it ?!

the excuse of "SKY made us do it" kind of reflects badly on SKY I'd have thought ?

Of course they haven't asked. They might end up getting an answer they don't like. Best to keep quiet and tell the stupid public only what suits the agenda.

http://loveandgarbag...s/#comment-4340

The comment made by Lanarkshire accountant rips up the bloo knights bid.

Worth a read if you've not seen already

Love this line about the Barren Knights "offer" -

It's really not much of a quantum to approach creditors with now, is it? 'Nil'. Is that a quantum? Can I interest you in Zero in the pound, sir? What if I throw in a moonbeam, an imaginary talking iguana and an eternal thought?
Edited by NewBornBairn

Serious question folks:

No. As far as we can tell no one (media, SPL, clubs) has spoken to Sky. They're just making it up as they go along and the idea there would be no Sky deal sounds like a bit of a nonsense to me.

A tune today for Rangers?

How about this one from this fine Protestant band from Belfast?

:)

And oh, by the way David Leggat:

Saturday, 12 May 2012

DAVID MURRAY REVEALED AS A DUPLICITOUS LIAR

SO now we know. David Murray was not Doyle Lonnegan after all.

Not the bumbling buffoon of a simpleton he told us he was. Not the Scottish version of the boorish Irish gangster of a ‘mark,’ played by Robert Shaw in the Sting.

No, David Murray was more like a character in a James Bond movie. But not the one played by his pal, Sean Connery. Not 007. The character I have in mind is Ernst Stavro Blofeld, the arch villain.

Not just the bad guy, the evil bad guy.

NO FUCKING SHIT, SHERLOCK!

It's only what we at P&B have been saying since February and you've stuck your fingers in your ears and hummed over.

Professional journalist your arse!

Edited by WaffenThinMint

The closer of one of the responses was very interesting regarding what we could possibly expect for the next 7 days:

"What I actually think is their lawyers [the Blue Knights ones] told them next week is the last date to enact a CVA and they will spend the week undermining and becoming the default last option."

Serious question folks:

Keevins actually responded decently about this yesterday on SSB.

A first for everything.

He said that there's no reason why Sky or ESPN would stop showing the SPL but that they wouldn't offer the same deal without Rangers in it.

At the bottom someone posted a link to this verbal diarrhea, can anyone actually make much sense of this tear stained letter?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/hcher9

He said that there's no reason why Sky or ESPN would stop showing the SPL but that they wouldn't offer the same deal without Rangers in it.

Stands to reason they would offer substantially less. No four Old Firm games and no Rangers away games would leave Celtic away games and maybe to a certain extent Edinburgh derbies providing worthwhile viewership numbers for them assuming that people can be bothered tuning in for what might turn out to be a complete non-contest by as early as November or so, which is a big assumption. There are already rumblings in the Daily Record that Celtic's season ticket sales are sluggish right now, "Renewal of season tickets at Parkhead is thought to be proceeding at a rate that reflects the goings-on at Rangers":

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/05/12/celtic-boss-neil-lennon-calls-on-hoops-fans-to-bin-any-idea-of-boycotting-away-games-next-season-86908-23856329/

Surely that's not genuine? It's got the written english standard of a 14 year old.

That's what I was thinking. They use some formal sounding words, and appeared to have used a spell-check, but the sentence structure is quite something. If that was written by a professional of some sort, then I would be very surprised. It also seems to touch on points without really going into any depth. Reeks of someone just trying to blur the edges doesn't it?

Fucking hell. Finally caught up on this epic thread. Going to be out today so might just have to get up early tomorrow morning to keep up.

When Rangers liquidate the most enjoyable thing will be it will be their own greed that got them there. Not just the years of greed which put them into administration but the greed they have shown since. Not being willing to sack players, still wanting to compete domestically and in Europe (choke back the laughter) etc etc etc. A total and utter lack of humility.

f**k them!

Stands to reason they would offer substantially less. No four Old Firm games and no Rangers away games would leave Celtic away games and maybe to a certain extent Edinburgh derbies providing worthwhile viewership numbers for them assuming that people can be bothered tuning in for what might turn out to be a complete non-contest by as early as November or so, which is a big assumption. There are already rumblings in the Daily Record that Celtic's season ticket sales are sluggish right now, "Renewal of season tickets at Parkhead is thought to be proceeding at a rate that reflects the goings-on at Rangers":

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23856329/

The sad thing is, that Celtic might be the one club that Traynor could actually be right about with his pish of "people are holding off buying season tickets until they know they are guaranteed to see Rangers". It's nonsense for every other club, but for Celtic this may well be the case for some of them. I know a few folk up in this area that buy season tickets for one of the bigot brothers, and only go to a handful of games each season... namely the OF games.