Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ahhhh you see apparently according to the financial expert Ranger's fans this is because the people behind the bid have so much money that it may influence the CVA as creditors will think "hang on they're worth X millions we should be getting more than this 4p in the £". That's why they're being kept secret.;)

Strange that with such massive wealth they're only willing to put up ~£500,000 though I'd think but hey they have some of the best financial minds there. I'm 100% or 200% sure of it.

"Quantum" or "total"?

Any club that still puts its players on the balance sheet as an asset especially after Bosman would be in trouble i suspect.

So literally every club, then?

HRMC Big Tax case bill, what the HRMC are looking for =48 mil

9 months of not paying Income tax =9mil

not going to get a CVA=simples

David Hillier ‏ @DavidHillier

HMRC CVA policy: when an insolvent firm has new owners, history of nonpayment is not important. New owners are what matters.

Any club that still puts its players on the balance sheet as an asset especially after Bosman would be in trouble i suspect. A players resale value is impossible to quantify against what has been paid in transfer fees and wages so should be nowhere near the 'assets' column. ;)

Well they are in trouble ;)

For interest:

2011 2010 GBP'000 GBP'000 FIXED ASSETS Tangible assets 116,856 118,688 Intangible assets 8,626 11,594 Investments - -

Bill Leckie worth a shout?

Keep adding nominations, when I get home I'll set up a new thread and we can have a poll on Popcorn day. Suggest we send the winner a jar of bovril and one of those tinned vesta pies..

How about having a Pie and Bovril award for Sporting Integrity when the saga finally comes to a close?

A bit like the various Rangers lists of enemies, but in our case, heroes. There may be a fair amount of overlap.. tongue.gif

Early Nominations

Bill Saporito

Stuart Cosgrove

Chistopher Brookmyre

Alex Thomson

Aberdeen fans who wrote the letter, and a special mention for the guy who ripped Chick and Tom English apart on a BBC phone in a while back..

Edited to make up for an unforgivable lapse of memory

Gary Allan QC who chaired the hearing into Rangers behaviour and produced a reasoned report which damned not just Craig Whyte but the club. Totally.

Add to that Lord Carloway, Craig Graham and Allan Cowan who will hear the appeal and increase the punishment. (these 3 are provisional nominations based of them playing hard ball on Wednesday)

In Rod we trust!!!!!

Fans are a fickle bunch... 6 months ago he was being widely criticised by Hibs fans and ridiculed by others for managerial failings and the clubs poor performance, 8 months before that he was being lambasted for his advocacy of 10-team SPL. Now he's redeemed and venerated.

It's hilarious how not a lot of Rangers fans post in this thread. It's all just seems to be bitter little fans from teams outside the Old Firm that are optimistic of Rangers going under. Quite sad really how you're all experts on 'what's going to happen...!?'

laugh.gif i like this chap. You can almost hear the keyboard groaning after every letter typed in anger in all his posts.

David Hillier ‏ @DavidHillier

HMRC CVA policy: when an insolvent firm has new owners, history of nonpayment is not important. New owners are what matters.

This just says that if the previous owners were dodgy and at it with HMRC, they will not assume the new owners are the same. They will treat them as normal honest citizens, until they prove otherwise. sad.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis