Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This. I've been over onto LiviLions a couple of times and still haven't come to understood what the actual grounds would be let alone why they'd do a Sion.

Actually £50k of the fine was for entering admin IIRC.

I stand corrected.

The grounds we'd be claiming on is that the SFA told us that the SFL's punishment was justified, I'll look for the quote if I can find it. The gist of it was that the SFA agreed that demotion was the right thing to do if a club went into administration. It was our second admin though so that's probably where Rangers could argue the point.

It's good from the POV of mixing things up a bit, but Livingston wouldn't have a leg to stand on over this.

Like I've said though, I'd be surprised if we've actually sent anything. We've seemed to pipe up every now and again just so people know we still exist and to stir up a wee bit of controversy.

every single SPL club will notice the loss of 2 full houses at home a season.

Outwith the 4 Infirm bigotfests every season can you name me one SPHell game with Rankgers as the away team that has resulted in a complete sell out...excluding the obvious Championship winning games a la Killie last season

Assuming we're a going concern come the start of the new season (which is still in doubt) then there are lots of permutations:

We could be in the SPL with points sanctions and a signing embargo. In this case a Top 6 by December is a result.

We could in the SPL with no points sanctions and a signing embargo. In this case a Top 6 by December is still a result.

We could be in SF3 with a signing embargo.

We could be in SF3 with no signing embargo.

The least likely outcome is that we're in the SPL with no points deduction, no signing embargo and a 'war-chest' to sign new players. This is the only way we'll be on top next season and most fans I know regard this as utter fantasy.

Quite refreshing to read your views on this. Any Rangers fans I've spoken to have been 'head in the sand' types, talking about their £20 million warchests and winning the SPL next season - totally and completely wired to the moon, and totally without the right perspective.

I think the sooner the masses of Rangers fans realise how lucky they are (or indeed will be once this fiasco is sorted out) to even have a club after all this is. I know there's a lot of fans who support Rangers for the 'wrong' reasons (gloryhunters, bigotry, whatever) but I do feel sorry for 'ra peepul' who are reasonable and support their club because they are their club.

Fair play to yourself and the other Rangers fans on this thread for coming on and getting involved with the discussion.

The grounds we'd be claiming on is that the SFA told us that the SFL's punishment was justified, I'll look for the quote if I can find it. The gist of it was that the SFA agreed that demotion was the right thing to do if a club went into administration. It was our second admin though so that's probably where Rangers could argue the point.

Like I've said though, I'd be surprised if we've actually sent anything. We've seemed to pipe up every now and again just so people know we still exist and to stir up a wee bit of controversy.

Aye, but even that is pretty ropey... were the SFA "agreeing" that demotion was "the right thing to do" - or were they accepting that demotion was a punishment which SFL was [1] entitled to apply and [2] was within the bounds of reason to apply? Within their own structure, notably. EDIT: And the bond-thing too.

Even if the former, does the adjudication of an SFL punishment for administration bind them to such adjucations of their own punishments for misconduct & disrepute, particularly when the process has changed in the interim (with Livingston voting yes, btw)?

Even if yes, does that entitle Livingston to sue?

So yep, I'm with you on it being noise-making and not a realistic threat.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Outwith the 4 Infirm bigotfests every season can you name me one SPHell game with Rankgers as the away team that has resulted in a complete sell out...excluding the obvious Championship winning games a la Killie last season

Ok then perhaps not a full house but grabbing some random stats show that for example Motherwell would pull in approx 2000 more fans for a home Game vs Rangers or Celtic than other SPL teams So whilst I admit i'm a fair bit off with saying 2 full houses, It certainly is 2 bumper crowds :)

There hasn't been over 10,000 fans let alone a full house anytime the Old Firm have came calling at Fir Park for the last few years.

Thats pretty standard. When Rankgers go to Killie, Dunfermline, St Johnstone,Motherwell, Inverness etc the crowds are usually between 6-8,000, so lets get this full house crap out the equasion. Yeah you take a good travelling support but the days are long gone when a visit from the Infirm automatically meant a sell out

There hasn't been over 10,000 fans let alone a full house anytime the Old Firm have came calling at Fir Park for the last few years.

10092 at home to Rangers on the 21st August and 10440 at home to Celtic on the 6th November

HTH

Thats pretty standard. When Rankgers go to Killie, Dunfermline, St Johnstone,Motherwell, Inverness etc the crowds are usually between 6-8,000, so lets get this full house crap out the equasion. Yeah you take a good travelling support but the days are long gone when a visit from the Infirm automatically meant a sell out

In the case of St Johnstone LESS home fans than normal attend as a consequence of Rangers/Celtic visiting !

Ok then perhaps not a full house but grabbing some random stats show that for example Motherwell would pull in approx 2000 more fans for a home Game vs Rangers or Celtic than other SPL teams So whilst I admit i'm a fair bit off with saying 2 full houses, It certainly is 2 bumper crowds :)

So at £250 per ticket, you're right after-all :o

Another common misconception. You do not need to be fit and proper to own a football club you only need to pass that test to become chairman, director, secretary or any other official position. Celtic and previously Rangers shares are traded on a stock market so the owners could frequently change and be effectively anyone.

'Ordinary' director is an official position. You can go to Companies House to see who they are, personal details and other directorships they hold currently or previously. Ordinary directors have official responsibilities also.

We worry about the fit and proper test. With all that has been going on with Rangers I would guess that for anyone who becomes a director of the Rangers Newco, we will all know everything about him including his inside leg measurement within 24 hours. The public and the fans can then make up their own mind.

Aye, but even that is pretty ropey... were the SFA "agreeing" that demotion was "the right thing to do" - or were they accepting that demotion was a punishment which SFL was [1] entitled to apply and [2] was within the bounds of reason to apply? Within their own structure, notably. EDIT: And the bond-thing too.

Even if the former, does the adjudication of an SFL punishment for administration bind them to such adjucations of their own punishments for misconduct & disrepute, particularly when the process has changed in the interim (with Livingston voting yes, btw)?

Even if yes, does that entitle Livingston to sue?

So yep, I'm with you on it being noise-making and not a realistic threat.

Oh, I completely agree with you on it being ropey, and I could be completely wrong about the reasoning behind it. At the end of the day, there's very little harm in testing the water by saying something like this and seeing what kind of reaction you get from the SFA. If we some how have a case and it gets taken further then it's a win-win situation for us, either Rangers get the same punishment and over the long term Scottish football, and with it football at Livi, might get a bit more competitive or the SFA send us a nice big cheque for £1.2 million. Back on Planet Earth for a moment though, nothing will come of this and it won't be heard about again until it's mentioned in a programme in one of those "On This Day In..." sections.

In the case of St Johnstone LESS home fans than normal attend as a consequence of Rangers/Celtic visiting !

Miles less.

There was only just over 2000 home supporters for the final day game against Rangers on Sunday. Against anyone else other than Celtic, we'd have taken quite a few more I'd wager, especially for such an important game.

It's a total illusion that home fans are 'only there to see ra rangers, or ra sellick'