Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Given you're usually an intelligent guy (except when it comes to elbows :P) Im going to presume you are being sarcastic :unsure:

Really? Thats a bit pretty big assumption. Unless you were referring to Ogilvie, of course, who knew it all but is also pretending otherwise.

And if he knew the content of the documentary, why not say so. If he'd said "I havent watched it, but Im fully aware of the allegations it made" then he would at least look like he had his finger on the pulse.

And besides, why is the Chief exec of the SFA swanning about on jaunts all over the world? Isnt that what we have a president for? I always thought the Chief Exec was supposed to actually run the 'company' :rolleyes:

Regan is at the UEFA Congress in Budapest. I'd imagine that attending these sort of things is part of his job.

I don't think it's too difficult to take what he says at face value. He will no doubt be aware of what was contained in the documentary, but it's difficult to comment until you've actually seen it. It's not as though the SFA hasn't been willing to take action against Rangers for other incidents.

The main thing which came out of the documentary was the possibility of double contracts. This investigation is in the hands of the SPL, so what do you expect him to say?

I agree that Ogilvie should be nowhere near the SFA at the moment, but the documentary didn't change anything with respect to him. It was already known that he had received an EBT.

It was already reported on here by another poster by the time i posted..then a few more also reported it.

What has he got to worry about it if as you say yourself he did us all a favour and is totally unbiased?

What i don't understand with people like you is you see a Rangers poster posting something that had been posted earlier by supporters of other clubs but ignore their posts and concentrate on mine....Is that you Mark? :rolleyes:

Because a lot of Rangers fans are too stupid/ignorant/bigoted/insane/all of the above* to recognise this.

* Delete as applicable

I just read that. I can see why the final outcome makes a certain amount of sense, but there is no way in the world that this should be the choice of Rangers. The SPL and SFA should decide what the appropriate "punishment" is and Rangers FC (in administration) and their fans should suck up and accept it. To suggest that the club should be allowed to say, "Yeah, we did bad. Tell you what, we'll just bugger off to the lower leagues for a couple of years and then we'll forget all about it, shall we? nod nod wink wink funny handshake" as an acceptable solution for all, is lunacy.

If it's up to the SPL they'll be straight back in the Premier League. If they stop appealing every sanction and accept starting again at the bottom of the SFL, that would be fair punishment, in my opinion.

If it's up to the SPL they'll be straight back in the Premier League. If they stop appealing every sanction and accept starting again at the bottom of the SFL, that would be fair punishment, in my opinion.

That's why Cockwomble.org and Neil Doncaster = Cockwomble is needed.

absolutely right. If Rangers win the ballot for the vacant SFL 3 place and have to start all over again, no one can really complain. That would be fair IMO.

I just read that. I can see why the final outcome makes a certain amount of sense, but there is no way in the world that this should be the choice of Rangers. The SPL and SFA should decide what the appropriate "punishment" is and Rangers FC (in administration) and their fans should suck up and accept it. To suggest that the club should be allowed to say, "Yeah, we did bad. Tell you what, we'll just bugger off to the lower leagues for a couple of years and then we'll forget all about it, shall we? nod nod wink wink funny handshake" as an acceptable solution for all, is lunacy.

It absolutely should be the decision of governing bodies and not Rangers but given the apparent desire of diddy chairmen to keep them in then a pragmatic solution such as this might be as good as it is possible to get. Seeing some humility from Rangers would be a nice start.

Regan is at the UEFA Congress in Budapest. I'd imagine that attending these sort of things is part of his job.

It probably is, that doesnt mean it should be. I'll confess I dont know about the congress, but a quick look at the website, and it doesnt appear to be a fairly bureaucratic exercise. Surely, thats something the Chairman, or one of the vice-chairmen, could be attending - of course, they probably are all there :rolleyes:

Is it part of Regans job to attend the UEFA cup final?

As I said, there are plenty of other office bearers in the SFA who could do the "schmoozing" while Regan gets on with what he should be paid to do - ie run the place.

I don't think it's too difficult to take what he says at face value. He will no doubt be aware of what was contained in the documentary, but it's difficult to comment until you've actually seen it. It's not as though the SFA hasn't been willing to take action against Rangers for other incidents.

The main thing which came out of the documentary was the possibility of double contracts. This investigation is in the hands of the SPL, so what do you expect him to say?

I agree that Ogilvie should be nowhere near the SFA at the moment, but the documentary didn't change anything with respect to him. It was already known that he had received an EBT.

Ive already said what I thought he should have said. What he actually said came across as dismissive and was, at best, a PR gaff

Has the ownership of the holding company that holds the majority shareholding in Rangers changed hands from Whyte to Green's consortium?

If a CVA is sped through does that mean Whyte is still the owner?

Where will the 6p in £ sums come from?

No, if the CVA goes through then Whyte transfers the shares. If the CVA doesn't go through, Whyte keeps the shares and still owns the club.

Highly unlikely that CVA will happen, ergo Zombie H*ns (newco) would need to come into existence and they would need 3 years audited accounts. Is this correct ?

Besides, starting in SFL3 is nowhere near punishment enough for the decades of criminality at The Deathstar.

absolutely right. If Rangers win the ballot for the vacant SFL 3 place and have to start all over again, no one can really complain. That would be fair IMO.

Would it be fair for Edinburgh City or Spartans to allow in a newco ahead of them against the SFA's own rules (3 years accounts, etc)?

I wouldnt disagree, as I said I dont think the end result is wrong. However, if we get there it should be because the SPL or SFA have expelled them, or refused to transfer their membership/share. It shouldnt be because Ranges have decided that might be a nice little 'get out of jail free' card.

One hell of a big "if" there, mate. And fair? No, No, and a thousand times NO. They have lied, cheated, encouraged hatred and brought shame upon our game and our country.

According to the SFA panel's report they were nearly expelled from membership of the SFA for their behaviour in the last year. Their behaviour over decades deserves nothing less than complete annihilation. They will not be mourned.

Because a lot of Rangers fans are too stupid/ignorant/bigoted/insane/all of the above* to recognise this.

* Delete as applicable

How many death threats has your wee pal Thommo received from the Rangers support? Graham Speirs? Mark Guidi? Stuart Cosgrove? Tan Cowan?

None of them have received threats from Rangers supporters..none at all and all have been quite open in their attacks on the club. Why is the Blogger so desperate to keep his identity secret if it is all above board and in the best interests of the club?