Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think its open to debate whether or not the SFA rules actually preclude an appeal to CAS. Had Rangers chosen to gone down this route, rather than CoS, I dont think we'd be having the same debates.

That's the bit that's confused me.

I would see it as rangers are affiliated to the SFA, the SFA are affiliated to FIFA so wether or not the SFA's own rules were 100% clear on this matter the FIFA rules are and should've been followed.

Expulsion please.

That's true and i apologise for claiming the Rangers lawyers are better than the dundee supporter. It was just an assumption on my part.

Rangers lawyers are confident they would have won their case in the European courts...Shame we will never know.

Hands up who spotted the deliberate mistake.

Better lawyers than yourself disagree and they are the experts in this field

La la la la la, I'm right and everyone else is wrong, la la la la I'm not listening.

Just as an aside, if you'd been given a comprehensive transfer ban which did NOT allow you to sign under 18s either , would you have accepted that (as it would clearly not be "discriminatory")

Not that the CoS appeal had anything to do with it being "discriminatory" in the first place.

Edited by Forest_Fifer

That's true and i apologise for claiming the Rangers lawyers are better than the dundee supporter. It was just an assumption on my part.

Rangers lawyers are confident they would have won their case in the European courts...Shame we will never know.

Rangers lawyers get paid to say things like that. My assertion, and bearing in mind I am not paid by Rangers, is that the age discrimination point is a tenuous argument at best.

OK. Another tester. In the case of a boxer involved in a car accident. Loses one eye, one arm. Has his licence to fight rescinded by the BBBC. Is that no restriction of trade? Should he take that to court as it's discriminatory? What if Oscar Pistorius wanted to sign for ra Gers? Would they discriminate against him by telling him to GTF (ye might be quick, son, but we've nae boots tae fit ye),

Edited by Happy Buddie

Were you drunk when you were writing this...:huh:?

Bearing in mind that I'd said on several occasions that I'm strongly FOR a pyramid system.

Last paragraph is barely followable.

ERM ! possibly on my way to being hofshot :D do forgive.

Sorry about posting political demographic shifts in the populous.

Was pointing towards maybe new blood in the league with decent support to up the overall crowd numbers in the SFL.

Edited by hellbhoy

Rangers lawyers get paid to say things like that. My assertion, and bearing in mind I am not paid by Rangers, is that the age discrimination point is a tenuous argument at best.

I am confident that your assertion is correct.

Thanks for the tenner!

I spotted it. The mistake was Rangers lawyers winning in Europe. I know this is true as Rangers never win in Europe.

@BBCAlLamont:...to come up with such a test that's fit for purpose. To illustrate his point he offers the following quote...

@BBCAlLamont: ND: "Ghandhi I think may have had a criminal record and ultimately you could say he'd be a fit a proper person to run a Premier League club in Scotland, but he might be forbidden by such a test."

I did not think the Cockwomble could get worse but HOLY f**k.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Will have t watch Newsnight Scotland now to see these words actually emerge from its mouth

Edited by MEADOWXI

Was it a rangers fan using the word 'Shame' :unsure:

To be fair, Rangers are always confident they will win in Europe. Experience proves otherwise.

Their fans are confident they will somehow get out of this smelling of roses. Here's hoping experience will equally prove otherwise.

The Bundesliga doesn't have Reserve teams. Instead, it has Under 23 teams. In other words, once they turn 24 Germn league players find their opportunity to get a game and thus maintain employment vastly reduced.

With your keen insight into EU employment law I suggest you cll your friends at HSV and Rostock to see if they've released any 24 year olds, take their case and win fame and fortune.

Note, of course, that the above is a league wide rule. The Rangers sanction is one team - the negative effect on any over 18 year olds employment prospects given the scores of clubs in Scotland, let alone the EU, is de minimis. They just go somewhere else. Employment law rights are about protecting employees, not employers.

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't quit your day job to become an EU employment lawyer.

If No.8 quotes this post and tries to come up with a serious rebuttal, I'll be stunned.

To be fair, No.8 is doing a sterling job on here;

1) "Partick Thistle took the footballing authorities to court!" - Subsequently laughed off, because we only ever took the SPL to court, not the governing body (the SFA). No.8 has ignored this = must be trolling.

2) "We have been punished enough by the shame inflicted on our club by the actions of Whyte and Murray!" - Not good enough. Not a tangible enough punishment, by far.

3) "Age discrimination = the same as the now disbanded 3 foreigners rule!" - It would be, if it weren't for the fact that a transfer embargo imposed upon a club which hasn't made due payments to fellow clubs in transfer fee's is completely different to discriminating by nationality. And the embargo doesn't stop Rangers employing over-18s, it stops the club registering them.

Keep up the almost Captain Sensible levels of ignoring evidence and spouting the same arguments, No.8!

Their is an open letter on Follow Follow to the rest of Scottish football...It is a kind of apology from the whole Rangers support and has been backed by nearly all on there...Last i looked it was 4 pages of posters in total agreement with the OP. ;)

Neil Doncaster.

In some ways, you've gotta respect him.

Respect to the man in the ice cream van cool.gif

* Not so much a KLF song reference but more of a prediction of where Doncaster will be working this time next year

Edited by roverthemoon