Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can Rangers themselves have any say in what happens to them?

What I mean is, if there is a yes vote to stay in SPL but sanctions so brutal that they have absolutely nothing to play for, can they say nah f**k that and take their chances at getting into the SFL somewhere?

I have to say i have come full circle on this. I would go further than merely suspending them..I would Expel Rangers Football Club forthwith!! Shower of cheating charlatans. A disgrace to the game!!!

Your pitchfork's in the post. :thumsup2

Is it a coincidence that all this is happening in the same week that Dallas - the story of shyster businessmen - returns to US screens in its newco version?

Eh ? Barbara Bel Geddes is deid. Isn't Larry Hagman deid as well ? Yon Victoria Principal is fu' of silicone and looks like something left over from a Wallace + Gromit fillum. (And she's been cocked mair times than Davy Crocket's rifle.) Mind you, ma auld mither used tae watch it religiously........

"See yon JR Ewing.....he's a pyoor swine, so he is......"

;)

The Rangers Football club (Shell) could remain in Administration for many more months yet. Who knows what new possible "preferential" claims for the 5.5million could arise.

I expect when the Administrators finally shuts the door that they will have taken every penny of Greens 5.5million. (Bar some holiday pay to Players).

I expect their fees will eventually exceed this total and the taxpayer will end up paying them the balance. Even more galling.

Nothing criminal. Seems to happen in so many Admins where liquidation/newco is the end scenario.

The main point I believe is to justify the timescales they must have expected to sell the club with NO BAGGAGE for well over 20million.

Dream on.

but Greens money is only a loan !?

How many fans do you think will change over and follow the new club? Do you think the bad element will move across? You just need to look at RayBees, Caledonian108 and all the other greetin' former Caledonian fans to see that a fresh start has it's advantages.

ETA Alcohol is not the answer to your woes, believe me!!! And we don't really like ebil grumpy No8, he'll appear for the sorrow drowning sessions and then the hangover sessions on here, best to leave the pr!ck in the cupboard ;)

TBH i have absolutely no doubt you will see a rise in the bigot percentage in our support. I remember the early 80s and the hardcore travelling support was mostly made up of Loyalists and of course in those days the 'Hooligan Element'. We no longer have that Hooligan element but i know just beneath the surface the bigots have been waiting for a chance to make a come back.

The bigots will play the victim card...Hugely Ironic as this is exactly what they accuse the celtic support of doing. They will claim our troubles started when the club allowed the authorities and media to have a field day with our support over the singing of certain songs. They will say it is time to bring back the Billy Boys..Sing it Loud n Proud.

I know this will happen. It has already started and some tried it on towards the end of the season but were shouted down..I fear most of those doing the shouting down will be doing the walking away.

As for the Hooligan element. My main worry is the 'Dafty element' amongst smaller clubs might see a vastly reduced Rangers travelling support as a chance to make a name for themself. We used to get it all the time at Falkirk for some reason. If this was to happen once or twice we will see that side of things escalate.

I am under no illusions about this. The Rangers fans face some tough and challenging days ahead.

Can Rangers themselves have any say in what happens to them?

What I mean is, if there is a yes vote to stay in SPL but sanctions so brutal that they have absolutely nothing to play for, can they say nah f**k that and take their chances at getting into the SFL somewhere?

Yeah, they just wouldn't bother applying for a licance.

Absolutely. Schedule 16 to the Enterprise Act covers the appointment and conduct of administrators and makes express provision for any creditor to challenge the conduct of the administrators. In particular check out Section 74 of that schedule.

Throughout the process people have been laughing and pointing at the administrators and commenting that they're clearly corrupt and/or incompetent. I'd take all of that with a massive pinch of salt. The fact of the matter is that not one single creditor has challenged their conduct. If D&P were indeed making such a massive arse of it I would expect the creditors to have noticed and to have done something about it by now.

It's to keep business running as a going concern if that will provide a better return for creditors than liquidation. Obviously they thought in the first instance that it would but were proven wrong when nobody came forward with a decent bid.

I think there must be a big difference between believing they've made an arse of it and proving it. I'm very suspicious of the whole thing including Whyte's appointment of Duff & Phelps and the emergence of Charles Green. I believe Green will get exactly what he has always wanted - ownership of the physical assets and 'valid' excuses not to have a club (no manager, no players).

Again proving Duff & Phelps always knew a CVA would be rejected would be difficult but we've only ever had their word as to how things were progressing.

Anyway, enough of the conspiracies; I'm away to read a book about the JKF assassination. :lol:

Sorry no8. - orcs are not welcome in EFFC pubs - you could try a one in Buckhaven where the Orc buses currently leave from

EDIT: I should have said used to leave from - I would bet the *** pub will be liquidated soon too

Are you fucking kidding me!!!!! My old man would be spinning in his grave if he thought i gave a penny of my money to a pub in Methil!!! It will be a bevvy in Kirkcaldy then travel through for the game then straight back out and a wash before heading home!!! :P

Eh ? Barbara Bel Geddes is deid. Isn't Larry Hagman deid as well ? Yon Victoria Principal is fu' of silicone and looks like something left over from a Wallace + Gromit fillum. (And she's been cocked mair times than Davy Crocket's rifle.) Mind you, ma auld mither used tae watch it religiously........

"See yon JR Ewing.....he's a pyoor swine, so he is......"

;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1723760/

H&D in a hurry (for once):

"As a result of that decision, which was known in advance of today's meeting, the consortium led by Charles Green is obliged to buy the club's business and assets and that transaction will be completed imminently."

Are you fucking kidding me!!!!! My old man would be spinning in his grave if he thought i gave a penny of my money to a pub in Methil!!! It will be a bevvy in Kirkcaldy then travel through for the game then straight back out and a wash before heading home!!! :P

theres enough o your lot in kdy already

TBH i have absolutely no doubt you will see a rise in the bigot percentage in our support. I remember the early 80s and the hardcore travelling support was mostly made up of Loyalists and of course in those days the 'Hooligan Element'. We no longer have that Hooligan element

Are you deliberately taking the pish?

Anyway, enough of the conspiracies; I'm away to read a book about the JKF assassination. :lol:

JKF? JFK ya' daftie. :)

Seeing as how I was in Dallas a fortnight ago - here's two of my pics, taken at Deeley Plaza and the old Texas Schoolbook Depository building. Some place. Eerie, spooky, moving. The 6th floor museum is wonderful....

post-11339-0-41436600-1339680311_thumb.j

post-11339-0-97888700-1339680343_thumb.j

Ramsdens Cup, first round draw (ties to be played on July 28):

East Stirlingshire v Ayr United

Morton v Albion Rovers

Berwick Rangers v Queen's Park

Dumbarton v Queen of the South

Hamilton Academical v Airdrie United

Stranraer v Stenhousemuir

Annan Athletic v Livingston

Clyde v Partick Thistle

Brechin City v Dundee Rangers 2012

Falkirk v Stirling Albion

Montrose v Inverurie Loco Works

Peterhead v East Fife

Elgin City v Arbroath

Forfar Athletic v Dunfermline Athletic

Wick Academy v Raith Rovers

Cowdenbeath v Alloa Athletic

Paul Clark cont:

"The decision of the creditors' meeting has been a major disappointment for Rangers supporters and this was not our preferred outcome as administrators. However, we should make it clear that Rangers Football Club will continue within a new company structure and the club survives and will continue playing football at Ibrox."

comical_ali.jpg

Edited by Macshimmy

I think there must be a big difference between believing they've made an arse of it and proving it. I'm very suspicious of the whole thing including Whyte's appointment of Duff & Phelps and the emergence of Charles Green. I believe Green will get exactly what he has always wanted - ownership of the physical assets and 'valid' excuses not to have a club (no manager, no players).

Again proving Duff & Phelps always knew a CVA would be rejected would be difficult but we've only ever had their word as to how things were progressing.

Indeed. But equally it's worth bearing in mind that D&P are a massive global business operating in a tightly regulated profession which demands the highest standards of probity. D&P themselves could buy Rangers and clear all their debts from one years net profit. Taking that into account it's difficult to see why they would leave themselves open to genuine accusations of wrong-doing.

I'm sure it will all come out in the wash but there are genuine experts watching the process from interested parties (not least HMRC) and they've not uttered a peep of criticism. Meanwhile fans all over the country are pissing themselves at how shite and/or corrupt the administrators are. On balance, I reckon most or all of the accusations are misplaced.

JKF? JFK ya' daftie. :)

Seeing as how I was in Dallas a fortnight ago - here's two of my pics, taken at Deeley Plaza and the old Texas Schoolbook Depository building. Some place. Eerie, spooky, moving. The 6th floor museum is wonderful....

post-11339-0-41436600-1339680311_thumb.j

post-11339-0-97888700-1339680343_thumb.j

Christ, I thought that was a building formerly used for footballing purposes in Edministration Drive, Glasgow.