Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They had been found guilty. That is why they were appealing.

A troll appears to have eaten your homework.

They weren't found guilty over the EBT issue. They were found guilty of withholding PAYE, NIC and VAT.

The EBT "Big Tax Case" is entirely different.

Gavin Browne@GavinBrowne77just spoken to a paper in Scotland re Lee Croft - St Johnstone want him back and he'd apparently be happy to go (part 1 of 2) #oafc

Gavin Browne@GavinBrowne77(part 2 of 2) however, Saints' ability to fund it depends on what happens with Rangers and whether they're allowed back into the SPL#oafc

I await an answer as to which paper he spoke to.

Gavin Browne@GavinBrowne77just spoken to a paper in Scotland re Lee Croft - St Johnstone want him back and he'd apparently be happy to go (part 1 of 2) #oafc

Gavin Browne@GavinBrowne77(part 2 of 2) however, Saints' ability to fund it depends on what happens with Rangers and whether they're allowed back into the SPL#oafc

It's a tricky one

I read on here they hadn't been found guilty of anything...HMRC demanded the money and Rangers appealed their decision either way it is pointless discussing something that has still to be ruled on

That's a ridiculous statement and comes across as an attempt to shout down the discusssion of a subject that you don't like having to face.

Was that you who asked that?

(Hand Up - clicking fingers...) Please sir ! Me Sir Me Sir ! I know ! Me Sir ! Sir ! SIR!!!!!! wink.gif

Ive not read all this thread but in what I have read you have came across in the main as being decent and pretty well balanced for a Rangers fan but can I ask, were you in favour of your club packing it's bags several years ago and heading off to ply their trade in the English leagues with Celtic? I suspect you were, therefor I have to question exactly how much of your concern for Scottish football is actually driven by your concern and willingness for Rangers to survive.

Nope sorry. There will be many posts on here where i categorically stated that Rangers are a Scottish Club and it up to us all together to improve the game here. I was always against going to the EPL...I just don't see the attraction for Rangers...OK we get more money but less than the top 6 or 7 will be getting.

When there looked like a chance it might go through a couple of years ago and the OF said they would leave a reserve team North of the border i said there and then i would follow the reserve team in the lower leagues rather than watch some franchise in the EPL.

They weren't found guilty over the EBT issue. They were found guilty of withholding PAYE, NIC and VAT.

The EBT "Big Tax Case" is entirely different.

The HMRC have found them liable for withholding tax by misusing EBTs, and billed them with interest and penalties. Rangers are appealing the bill.

Whether you call it found guilty or liable is a matter of semantics.

The same rumour was lying about yesterday too. Its meaningless gossip. When would it have even been discussed?

Green is in 'constant dialogue' with SPL/SFA. Maybe Doncaster has been giving him false assurances again?

Oh dear St.Johnstone....

What does it have to do with St Johnstone? It's sensible budgeting to hold back on signing a player until they know what money is coming in. It's not as though the club have made any sort of statement saying "We need Rangers or else we won't be signing Lee Croft".

Nope sorry. There will be many posts on here where i categorically stated that Rangers are a Scottish Club and it up to us all together to improve the game here. I was always against going to the EPL...I just don't see the attraction for Rangers...OK we get more money but less than the top 6 or 7 will be getting.

When there looked like a chance it might go through a couple of years ago and the OF said they would leave a reserve team North of the border i said there and then i would follow the reserve team in the lower leagues rather than watch some franchise in the EPL.

Fair enough, I'll take that one on the chin.

On a quantum rating of 1 - 10, how utterly tragic is that?

Team bases budget on projected income shocker. Hold the front page

That's a ridiculous statement and comes across as an attempt to shout down the discusssion of a subject that you don't like having to face.

I have said i don't want them suspended or expelled...What fan would want that for their club?

From my very first post on this thread i have consistently said Rangers should be made to start again from the SFL 3. They are now starting again and it is not up to me where they start. It is now entirely out of Rangers hands and down to the chairman of the other 11 clubs to make their decision.

This is a once in a life time chance to change Scottish football for the better. It should not be about destroying a club...destroying the game. There have been a lot of hysterics on this thread about Killing them off...Make them suffer....Die Rangers Die. It gets tedious tbh but Scottish football in general is tedious so i suppose it is appropriate in representing our game