Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

How many forensic accountants would it take to check out every shareholder and every director of every Scottish Football Club, and who would pay for them?

The SFA can only rely on the information they are given, and act when it it is shown to be false.

This blaming the SFA for their troubles is another wheeze dreamt up by the Entity formerly known as etc....

Also, I don't know about SFA rules but in a limited company in any business whatsoever the responsibility for governance (basically compliance with relevant authorities and law) rests 100% with the board of directors. There may well be audits by government or industry bodies (such as the SFA or HMRC) but the responsibility is entirely with the directors. You can go to jail if you don't get it right and btw ignorance is not an excuse either.

Granny Danger - I don't know

HibeeJibee - What statistical evidence do you have that the chicken did in fact cross the road?

Jim McLean's Ghost - It was necessary to save Rangers and therefore the future of Scottish football.

Madwullie - Eh'm mad ye ken, really mad.

Oh good answer GD but the correct one was "because Rangers got liquidated"

I do agree, but you were probably one of the guys that thought and said at the time ' Oh aye that Flabie Kudnikikaba' was a better signing than Tam Broon fae the lower leagues.' When all were spending big on pish, The directors were thinking at least spend money on pish that sound good. Welcome to marketing.

I preferred it when they just called him Mark Yardley.

'Pragmatism', the last refuge of the toady. Pity you can't afford the bus fare.

OK which team is more valuable?

The Motherwell guidance document said:

Of the pay at the gate cash income Rangers represented £300k or 31% while Celtic represented £285k or 29%

So 31% of our gate income comes from Rangers, meanwhile here we all are discussing the financial ramifications of Rangers no longer being in the league, which are greater than they would be if it was any other club outside Celtic. We have clubs releasing statement after statement warning of the consequences of no Rangers in the league. According to St Mirren's latest, our sponsors have exit clauses that they can invoke because Rangers aren't in the league, and Sky said "competition would deteriorate, and in that event we would have to renegotiate".

Seems like a pretty open and shut case to me mate.

Who do you think is more valuable?

Interesting

http://www.tv.rangers.co.uk/articles/20090730/rangers-setting-the-standard_2254024_1738000

includes "citizenship" :lol: Just shows what a scam that was.

Below are sources of funding from Government (cashback) and other bodies demanding the highest standards of integrity.

It would be only right they suspended any further application from the SFA or the SPL and their associated trusts, while they prove the fact they have adequate governance, operate in a democratic manner and will not allocate funds on anything other than criteria that treats all applicanst equally and shows no personal preferences or favours.

In other words will not chuck public money through Sevco to help give them a leg up.

CashBack

Sponsor of Men’s Under 21 Team, Official Community Partner and Sponsor of Street Football, Soccer 2 & 3, Schools of Football and Volunteer Programme

www.CashBackscotland.com

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2011/03/16134101

Big Lottery

Funding Partner of Youth Football

www.biglotteryfund.org.uk

Bank of Scotland and Coalfield Regeneration Fund

Sponsor of Soccer One and Midnight League Programmes

www.bankofscotland.co.uk

Sportscotland

Funding Partner of Scottish FA including Youth Football

www.sportscotland.org.uk

Active Nation

Sponsor of Scottish Cup Competition

www.ouractivenation.co.uk

Time for Kenny McAskill and Shona Robison to take a grip of where their (our) money goes and how it is used.

If the SFA and SPL not fit for purpose, there are plenty of other organisations who are.

I guess you better send an email outlining the Ayr model to the tens of thousands of football club around the world who budget based on projected income for the coming years.

Motherwell mainly give out 1 year contracts too. Unfortunately this means you can't make money from selling the players, so a balance has to be struck. I don';t have a problem with this and neither do the majority of football clubs worldwide. Am I actually having to explain to you how football works here?

Presumably they budget for the possibility of demotion, or would that make them automatically bankrupt?

Hmm I thought the plans were more extensive that just swapping teams...

They are, but not for next season.

I'm not a supporter of RFC, or any other Scottish Club and I'm not trying to "pass the buck", merely speculating on the way that HMRC might view events, in an attempt to recover revenues.

I cant really be bothered cutting up your emboldened efforts again.

Once again, though, I will point out that football governing bodies have no obligation to go over the finances of its members, in the manner you suggest.

"How, for example, would you view a local authority who appointed a convicted paedophile as head of childrens services?"

lol wut?? Neither the SFA or SPL appointed Whyte. His "appointment" was by Rangers FC and was checked by the SFA, according to their rules He was found not to have followed the rules, therefore punished. Your analogy is utter nonsense.

Your final point about ignoring requests for information is pure whataboutery.

OK which team is more valuable?

The Motherwell guidance document said:

So 31% of our gate income comes from Rangers, meanwhile here we all are discussing the financial ramifications of Rangers no longer being in the league, which are greater than they would be if it was any other club outside Celtic. We have clubs releasing statement after statement warning of the consequences of no Rangers in the league. According to St Mirren's latest, our sponsors have exit clauses that they can invoke because Rangers aren't in the league, and Sky said "competition would deteriorate, and in that event we would have to renegotiate".

Seems like a pretty open and shut case to me mate.

Who do you think is more valuable?

"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde.

I do agree, but you were probably one of the guys that thought and said at the time ' Oh aye that Flabie Kudnikikaba' was a better signing than Tam Broon fae the lower leagues.' When all were spending big on pish, The directors were thinking at least spend money on pish that sound good. Welcome to marketing.

You're right, Tam Broon was immense. Much better than half the foreign duds we've had on our books in recent years. Don't even remember Flabie Kudnikikaba, did we sign him around the same time as Samassi Abou?

I guess you better send an email outlining the Ayr model to the tens of thousands of football club around the world who budget based on projected income for the coming years.

Motherwell mainly give out 1 year contracts too. Unfortunately this means you can't make money from selling the players, so a balance has to be struck. I don';t have a problem with this and neither do the majority of football clubs worldwide. Am I actually having to explain to you how football works here?

No, but I'm explaining why the diddies are telling the SPL to get tae fcuk with their bribery.

Why is the lack of Sky cash in 3 seasons time causing such a stir if all the SPL clubs are projecting income responsibly?

Motherwell are currently budgeting £1.8m +£0.8m for playing staff this season, just make your budget for playing staff £1m for the 2014/15 season, it isn't rocket science, my club have survived on less than that to pay everything so can yours.

Presumably they budget for the possibility of demotion, or would that make them automatically bankrupt?

Contracts will have relegation clauses. Where we are now is we have had two months notice and there's f**k all clubs can do about it.

But if the SFA knew what Rangers were up to with double contracts, long before Whyte was even heard of?

Who should be interested? HMRC?

Simple.

Any creditor of RFC should be championing each and every attempt to hold those responsible, legally, liable under criminal or civil law.

HMRC are, merely, better placed to pursue matters than most others and ensure other government agencies do the same.

The local florist, unfortunately, does not have the same "clout" but the consequences, for them, could be far graver!

Edited by Laeotaekhun

Question no.5 goes to pozbird - how much do we have to kill Rangers before you invite all to a party at yourz? On this one you're allowed to confer.

Question no. 6 goes to Claymores - are you just trying to up your post count? :rolleyes:

No, but I'm explaining why the diddies are telling the SPL to get tae fcuk with their bribery.

Why is the lack of Sky cash in 3 seasons time causing such a stir if all the SPL clubs are projecting income responsibly?

Motherwell are currently budgeting £1.8m +£0.8m for playing staff this season, just make your budget for playing staff £1m for the 2014/15 season, it isn't rocket science, my club have survived on less than that to pay everything so can yours.

It's this season that's the problem. I thought we all got this. After that brutal cuts can be made.

This is a great forum but I'm concerned about all the the arguments on whether or not the now defunct rangers did or did not do whatever and was it or was it not illegal. They're appealing the BTC and there's a few court cases kicking around but, as of 12th June, the liquidation of the oldco is on and a newco is attempting to form in some recognisable manner and find a way in to Scottish football.

If we take our eye of the latter the blazers will walk through their joke plan so let's stop getting deflected by oldco p*sh, the remnants can sort that out themselves.

On the other hand it is funny.