Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Every time I log in and click this thread it's increased by another 30 or 40 pages, :lol: impossible to keep up.

Anyway, from looking at the latest reports, it seems that we're going down the route of "If Sevco are not put into the 1st division sponsors will disappear and refuse to sponsor our game".

Bull shit.

If you were a sponsor, surely you would be looking to sponsor a product that isn't in the middle of a massive scandal involving tax evasion? :blink: Sponsors are more likely to invest if our games integrity is intact, rather than letting the cheating c***s back in.

In summary, f**k off and die Rangers, we don't need or want you.

No one has any money. Clubs can't get overdrafts to tide them over. Rich people aren't interested in chucking money at clubs.

If we (clubs) weren't so pratted/debt ridden and fucked for credit this might be easier to ride out.

Perhaps a less pratted diddy could have a wee shot in the SPL?

We're talking about a once in 125 years situation here. Might as well budget based on David Icke being right about Arran being underwater.

This is an extremely rare situation exacerbated by some very unfortunate global circumstances. I don't think clubs should budget based on the most valuable club in the country going tits up.

Global? Was that a typo - surely you meant 'Govan'?

Neither Pressley nor Ritchie have ever said categorically they would vote no, only that what's currently on offer is unacceptable. Don't know why the papers keep saying otherwise. And he doesn't indicate anything in this article how Falkirk will vote, the bit you highlight is not a quote..

Has Elvis had a wee change of heart....not what you were saying last night big man! Mind you it does say we have indicated that we will be voting no!! Wish someone would tell our supporters that!!

TAKEN FROM TONIGHTS EVENING TIMES

Elvis: Clubs will go bust without Rangers

By MATTHEW LINDSAY

STEVEN Pressley today warned the anger over the Rangers crisis could result in more clubs going bust.

SPL clubs are set to unanimously reject the Ibrox club's application to join the top division at a vote at Hampden on Wednesday.

And now it looks as if their SFL counterparts are set to follow their lead and scupper the newco's hopes of dropping into the Irn-Bru First Division.Cowdenbeath – the Fife minnows chaired by former Gers director Donald Findlay QC – are the only club to have given the thumbs up to the Glasgow club joining them.

Falkirk, Morton and Partick Thistle have all publicly said they will reject the move while rivals are consulting with supporters before declaring their intentions.

Fans of SPL and SFL clubs have threatened to boycott both their own clubs and opposition clubs if they vote to let Rangers into the top flight or Irn-Bru First Division.

They want to see the newly formed club start at the bottom in the Third Division and try to work their way up.

But Bairns boss Pressley has issued a call for calm and expressed the fear that hammering his former club Rangers will lead to other clubs going into administration and liquidation.

He said: "There is a lot of anger about what has happened at the moment and I think that could be clouding people's judgement. We need to have clear thinking at this point.

"Many clubs will suffer financially without Rangers involved and that should not be underestimate in all this. Other clubs could realistically go to the wall and that is not something that I or anybody else wants to see.

"I can see why people want the club to be punished, but, personally, I think we should try to reach some sort of compromise.

"And I don't just want to see one that will only benefit Rangers and the big clubs in the country. The solution to this problem has to benefit the game in this country as a whole."

Pressley:

"I can see why people want the club to be punished, but, personally, I think we should try to reach some sort of compromise.

"And I don't just want to see one that will only benefit Rangers and the big clubs in the country. The solution to this problem has to benefit the game in this country as a whole."

Nobody has even got round to talking about punishments!!! i'm sick of reading this!! We are talking about a new club getting preferential treatment and by-passing the formal entry process (and 2 divisions!!!!) AAAAAAARRGHH!!!!!

:ph34r:

Edited by bob_mcshug

T_S_A_R - chickens don't have to cross roads! legally, a road doesn't have to be crossed by chickens.

Captain Sensible - The chicken was never allowed to cross the road. :rolleyes:

Why? Simple; it's all the Old Firms fault. They have a vested interest in not allowing chickens to cross roads because it suits their bigotted agendas.

I can't wait for the Old Firm to die, so that the sectarian agenda set by Rangers and their bigoted brothers Celtic leaves poultry free to cross whatever roads they please and the whole world will be a far better place! :D

That tickled me. The Captain to a T.

If it were a minefield then I would imagine any sort of movement would be fraught with danger.

I live in a very nice part of Dundee (yes they exist) but there is a relatively close proximity to parts that possibly would not be described as nice.

Fair enuf - my wee nephew is a student in yer city for next 2 years and never seen a game. I told him old uncle would come take him to Tannadice one time - when do Utd play Dundee? That would be a cracker as he's looking at flats just around the area. If it comes to pass, then I'll ask you for 'safe' bars for neutrals

Neither Pressley nor Ritchie have ever said categorically they would vote no, only that what's currently on offer is unacceptable. Don't know why the papers keep saying otherwise. And he doesn't indicate anything in this article how Falkirk will vote, the bit you highlight is not a quote..

yep, the clubs stance on things (based on Ritchie's statement) reads to me that we wont deal as it stands but if you make us a better offer.... <_<

poor stuff.