Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If that's the case, it's hard to fault the Scottish football authorities. Of course, if that's the case the language of the clauses is crucial because if they were designed to capture the OF leaving voluntarily they might not capture this scenario perfectly. To speculate wildly, I wouldn't be shocked to find there was some savings clause language that made it clear the contract shouldn't be read as obligating the SPL to change their normal rules and which might be read creatively by either side.

IMO Sky will honour the existing contract but will renegotiate the new, as yet unsigned contract.

I would imagine that talk of slashing the contract in half is no more than scaremongering from those with vested interests but it will be renegotiated and we will take a hit but it won't be as bad as is being made out by the likes of Doncaster.

The only path open to DIV1 was via the SPL and automatic relegation .. which may have been Doncaster's plan.

There was (to my knowledge) never any route for applying directly to DIV1.

That said I could be wrong ...

Either way it was a very public announcement and to do nothing would be an admission of guilt ...

Unless they don't watch STV .....:lol:

If they were going to relegate them they would need to have accepted them into the SPL first - which was never going to happen. And the SFL couldn't have stopped them getting into SPL1 in that case, so why bother to blackmail them into it.

No, this was Cockwomble trying to strong-arm the SFL into breaking their own rules by promoting a new team 2 divisions before they had even played a game.

This is surely all just posturing now and over reaction from the media.

These are options that have to be explored and offered regardless of what has been said and stated before. Its a process that has to be adhered to.

When the final ruling comes about and sevco are punted down to the third there will be no recourse for the SPL SFL and SFA to answer.

By going through all the options they are allowing every chance for the voting members to change their minds, nothing new has come to light

and i very much doubt any chairmen have changed their views.

With someone as sharp as Green in charge and his legal eagles they can not leave themselves open so everything has to be democratic, documented and

fair to all parties including sponsors. The spotlight is on and they have to show that this is a purely open decision so that the likes of SKY see how much the deal means

to Scottish football and very much they have been part of the deliberations.

What happens in the next few days is unpredictable and is very hard to get the head around but it is a huge point in football history and i expect many twists and turns before

the final outcome. It always had to get messy and there is no one to blame as such, we just have to hope things are learned for the future.

Then they'd not be in the Top 6.

The way the league works is set out perfectly clearly in SPL rules.

There won't be a contract that says Rangers / Celtic must be in the Top 6, must play 4 times, even must play in SPL: there may be (infact evidently is) a contract that says TV doesn't have to pay-up regardless for Xyrs if they aren't.

Doncaster has been quoted as saying that the TV deals have always stipulated 4 OF games and that that clause has been locked in since the Setanta deal.

Sorry, but if six SPL clubs (allegedly) face ruin, is that not an SPL matter? What's it got to do with the SFL? Who have been p***ed on ever since 1998 by the SPL?

The SPL has to help them out.

(I know Dundee have a foot in both camps, then and now, but still see SPL as 'them' and SFL as 'us')

Edited by Chazza1910

IMO Sky will honour the existing contract but will renegotiate the new, as yet unsigned contract.

I would imagine that talk of slashing the contract in half is no more than scaremongering from those with vested interests but it will be renegotiated and we will take a hit but it won't be as bad as is being made out by the likes of Doncaster.

Unfortunately you are probably wrong. Sky work on viewer numbers and will walk away from Scottish Football using a legitimate break clause in the contract based on sound commercial reasoning.

That's not scaremongering, that's harsh commercial reality.

Unfortunately you are probably wrong. Sky work on viewer numbers and will walk away from Scottish Football using a legitimate break clause in the contract based on sound commercial reasoning.

Why, does nobody watch Celtic games?

And fill the gaps with what? Rugby? Conference? Scottish Football viewing figures on Sky are decent. They need to fill their sports channels, and scottish football, shite as it might be, gets decent viewing figures.

Quite a bit of detail on Sky viewing figures for scottish football here.

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/staticFiles/71/72/0,,10291~160369,00.pdf

Edited by JamboRobbo

Garbage. What are they going to show instead, considering that they will lose everyone who subscribed specifically for the SPL? Sunday morning showjumping? Fucking hell, Sky renegotiated *upwards* in their last deal even though the competition is weaker and the old Firm are worse. That presumably means the league is still quite a draw.

Lastly, and this really hasn't been emphasised enough: if Sky really didn't want Rangers to walk away, Murdock's outlets would have been all over this. They haven't. Nowhere near to the extent Glasgow's hacks have.

Doncaster has been quoted as saying that the TV deals have always stipulated 4 OF games and that that clause has been locked in since the Setanta deal.

Accepting this as true, does that mean SPL Ltd will be in breach of contract with Sky for being unable to deliver this?

Accepting this as true, does that mean SPL Ltd will be in breach of contract with Sky for being unable to deliver this?

Huh ? How can the SPL be held accountable for a club going breasts up ?

Is the CBI accountable to it's members shareholders if one of it's members goes to the wall ?

<_<

Not SPL's fault that Ra Peepul have gone bust, perhaps they could all sue the person truly responsible for the loss of Rangers? unsure.gif

The winner of the league gets 17% .. what exactly was unfair about that , it was up for grabs by all and sundry ?

Sorry you couldn't compete, you favour the sport where we all come first and there's no losers ...

Maybe golfers should just all split the prize money.

Darts players should all get the same .. just enter ...

Get a grip ...

You probably advocate that school children shouldn't learn to compete either ...

You have more fans than us and that's not fair ... boo hoo ...

That's what it boils down to in the end.

P.S ..

I have no problems with the sponsorship money being split more equally ... we'll still have the CL games and cash to look forward to ..

I take it the club that finishes 2nd this year will be pooling the money with the other clubs and ensuring it is divided up equally given their strong moral stance on this matter ... and the fans will be demanding they do so?

The money should be distributed more equally you agree so there should be no problem when Rangers leave ,this should happen ?

I would also say that when a club is on TV the home club should get a small sum to allow for the fact that many fans will

simply watch the game on TV.

My point was that Celtic and there fans will moan once they split the TV more fairly(1st should get more than last just not to the extent)

Since you seem to agree there is no problem.