Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Caught up at lunchtime, expected a fairly large number of posts in reaction to today's meeting/predictions for tomorrow's meeting.

What I did NOT expect, but probably should have, is yet another delay in ANYONE coming out and saying what appears to be the unsayable:

The rangers football club cheated its way to dominance over a period of decades,and completely ignored their responsibility to help eradicate the problem of sectarianism in Scotland - rather they actively promoted a separatist agenda as part of their business strategy (in common with another club).

After having been found out in their theft of money from the taxpayers of this country, rangers refused to accept that they were acting in anything other than a proper fashion - even trying to sign or destabilise players when they knew they had no funds to carry through transfers.

Having been allowed to transfer control of the club to their preferred administrators, they acted thus:

Made no redundancies AT ALL in over FOUR months - contrast this with the administrations at Portsmouth and Bradford Bulls.

Stalled and dissembled when tasked with finding a way to move the club out of administration.

Finally allowed the club to be liquidated, which saw all creditors lose ALL their money. The only assets the club had were sold to a "consortium" of extremely shy backers for a sum which was remarkably adjacent to the administrators' fee.

At no time in this sorry saga has anyone connected with this disgraced organisation shown the slightest regret at the damage done to creditors' businesses, the tens of millions of pounds stolen from the UK taxpayer, or the shame and ridicule being brought upon the Scottish game and, by extension, Scotland itself.

The reaction from all connected with rangers - the directors, the administrators, the management and especially those poor fans who "are only concerned with the football, we're no' bigots", has ranged from contempt to arrogance to downright hostility towards any who might foolishly have expected some kind of contrition from "ra peepul". Reactions included:

1. Discriminatory payments from the RFFFFFFFFFFFFF to highlight how they perceived Dundee Utd, among others, had wronged them.

2. Rabble-rousing and redundant calls for "transparency" from Alistair McCoist - the public face of the club. Calls which led to threats of vandalism and violence against a fellow SFA club. Calls which were entirely unnecessary, as the club already new the answers they were screaming for.

3. Threats from club "ambassador" Sandy Jardine that "we will remember who has stood against us, and we will be back". (Is "club ambassador" a vital position in a club in administration?)

4. Threats from fans to boycott other SPL clubs, in order to "punish" those clubs by denying income.

Now, to Sevco 5088. Still no apologies, obviously - just a promise that any zombie club would simply keep rangers' history while leaving any responsibility behind.

Whether or not Green tried to alter contracts in June, as claimed, or not, his threats to any player not meekly accepting his view of TUPE - and any club daring to sign said players - are nothing more than intimidation, with no basis in law or justice.

Sevco have made no attempt to shed light on where their money is coming from to run the club - who is/are the backers? Surely this would have to be disclosed before any application for SFA membership, let alone application to the SFL.

If this lot want to play in the SFL, they have to give assurances that they can fulfil their fixtures - I have seen no indication that this would be the case. Imagine the reaction if they gain an SFL place and then fold before Christmas. I am given to understand that the maximum ticket price in Div 3 is £12, but I don't believe the maintenance cost of ibrox will decrease by 60% in line with gate income. (This is assuming they sell out every home gamelaugh.gif)

Oh bugger it, I really can't be arsed. The only solution for the good of our game, Scotland's reputation in international football, and for the country as a whole, is to erase this poisonous "brand" from the face of our sport. We've got a new season just round the corner, and no club in Scotland knows what their league competition is going to look like. This mob's behaviour, and the craven inaction of the game's custodians, is KILLING Scottish football.

And I haven't even gone into Bomber's sash bash in front of Strathclyde's finest, the in-out Knights, the racist slurs thrown at the only serious bidder H&D managed to attract, the tax-free payment to another club's manager shortly before unloading an unwanted player to the selfsame club, the holding of shares by representatives of other SFA members.....

Dear God, someone grow a pair and cut this monster's head off, stuff the mouth with garlic, stake it through the heart and burn it at a crossroads.

Rant over. Sorry peeps, the rage is strong tonight.

Bravo ................

So, is evryone going to carry out their promise, never to return to a football match in this country after this stitch-up ?

If Rangers somehow end up anywhere other than the 3rd or outwith the SFL then sadly yes, although unsure if Highland League would count? I've stupidly been to all the SPL, SFL and HL grounds and the Top 5 away days were all Highland League ones.

I've been through all the emotions though - seen Brechin promoted with a last kick of the season goal (while Airdrie were prematurely celebrating down at Stair Park, ha!), blown promotion in the last 10 mins of the season on a few occasions, win a couple of 2nd and 3rd Division championships which is more than the likes of the eldest Arbroath fans have ever seen their own team win in their entire history, get pumped rotten in Div 1 on a weekly basis and watched them in a national cup final (so what if it's just the Challenge Cup?! laugh.gif). Hell... even ridiculous things like watch my PE Teacher at the time mark Jorg Albertz at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup. There's a whole pile of other stuff in there but I feel that if I went cold turkey now, I won't feel as if I've missed out on the whole experience unless we were to do a Gretna and get to the Scottish Cup Final penalty shootout.

It's been a hell of a ride but I'm as close to 'completing the game' as I'll realistically ever be (that's what you get following a proper diddy team I suppose) so as much as it would be a massive disappointment, there's plenty of other things to be getting on with at a fraction of the cost. My other half might also stop nagging at me as much. biggrin.gif

There'll always be the General Nonsense forum of course.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I suspect many refunds will be demanded

I also don't think fans of the respective clubs will forget this, even after a season.

I know that if Dundee's position continues to be one of shitting it from the issue at hand, or vote "Yes" to NewCo in Division One, i'd never be back. Ive been pretty disillusioned with football for a couple of seasons now, and to see the entire SPL/SFL adopt "battered wife" syndrome and allow this reincarnation of a grotesque football club to walk back in at the top level, would be the final nail in the coffin, both for me, and a hell of a lot of others.

Also going by previous posts, the two organisations who have to make a decision here, are headed up by ex-Rangers shareholders?

The ba' is truly on the fucking slates.

It's not really terrible news that they're shitting it. That means they know how the SFL vote is trying to go, and are looking at ways to avoid it. But I'm not sure they can.

I dont think the chairs will change their minds ,if they did they would be facing a huge backlash from their supporters,as for all this talk about SKY, if they walk away,espn have just lost the rights for EPL could possibly strike a deal

However this goes the Sky contract MUST be renegotiated in the interest of the league's future integrity.

Whoever signed off this one needs their jotters.

In the future, I expect all player contracts to be devised with the same get out clause... that would look really good for the league's integrity. wink.gif

There was a show of hands at the end. SPL/SFL1/SFL3 were the three options. I'd reckon 5% 70% 25% was the voting share.

Can't get my head around why it's so difficult for 30 adults to sit in a room and go "Awright boys, what do we think? Is this a fucking nonsense or no?"

I like Gilmour, he strikes me as a decent man with good intentions. However, and this goes for my club too, if we can't see out this storm there are 30 odd other clubs who would gladly accept the challenge.

If this goes through we're utterly fucked until the end of time. Not just a season or two.

He still thought it "prudent" to sign Sam Parkin in the middle of his downsizing paper exercise. :blink:

Gilmour along with the rest of the SPL jellyfish arrogantly assumed the SFL would do their dirty work for them whilst they could go about their daily work as normal. If it wasn't for those damn meddling (SFL) kids eh !

That is bullshit, and you know it.

Rangers have been in administration since February.

If your club were still budgeting for them still being in the SPL this coming season then more fool you.

Getting sick of hearing this argument now.

out of greenies, but i totally agree with that. Maybe the captain will get off his OF (RIP) hobby horse and address this? :P Nah, doubt it. :rolleyes:

Oh for ****'s sake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18699838

Two things:

1. The chairmen who have gone public can't go back on what they've said, or their clubs are dead.

2. The SFL can't make a decision until the SPL has, because until NewCo are officially told to bugger off, it's not the SFL's problem.

A complete cluster**** of an omnishambles.

If Newco are allowed to start in division 3, the SPL will lose £17.5M in revenue, so they want the SFL to allow Newco to start in division 1. This will allow the SPL to retain the vast majority of their income, and it will also allow them to keep paying the SFL settlement agreement.

This agreement is worth around £2M a season, I believe. And this is what the SPL are using to blackmail the SPL into agreeing to take Newco into division 1.

So why dont the SFL tell the SPL to go and take a flying f**k' to themselves, put the Newco into division 3, and offer the SFL TV rights to anyone who wants them for £3M a season.

Sadly yes, although unsure if Highland League would count?

Plenty room at these for those looking for new football. Reading this thread is depressing the hell out of me to the point where I'm not really looking forward to the new SHFL season, sadly. The draw for the preliminary round of the Scottish Cup was today but because of whats going folk are questioning if it's actually needed. :lol:

That I realise but your chairman is screaming without Rangers it's disastrous for St.Mirren, you've been in the First Division before, Tesco help not withstanding how the hell did you manage before ? I've never seen a SFL game post 1998 that features Rangers so how are all the SFL clubs managing to stay alive ?

I'm no financial expert, but I think there was never a case in Div 1, where projected income has reduced by such a large amount over the period of a few months.

offer the SFL TV rights to anyone who wants them for £3M a season.

Er sorry, second last post, just watch STV go on this one...

I'm no pancake expert but I know a tosser when I see one..

Edited by oldeejit

If Newco are allowed to start in division 3, the SPL will lose £17.5M in revenue

If newcorpse go bust then the SPL as an entity will save more than that on expenditure (wages etc).

Kill them :)

EU Anti-competitive agreements (Chapter I / Article 101)

Both UK and EU competition law prohibit agreements, arrangements and concerted business practices which appreciably prevent, restrict or distort competition (or have the intention of so doing) and which affect trade in the UK or the EU respectively.

Consequences of breach

Contravention of Chapter I or Article 101 can have serious consequences for a company:

- firms engaged in activities which breach these provisions can face fines of up to 10% of group global turnover;

- provisions in agreements which breach Chapter I or Article 101 are void and unenforceable (which may lead to the entire agreement being unenforceable);

- firms in breach of Article 101 or Chapter I also leave themselves exposed to actions for damages from customers and competitors who can show they have been harmed by the anti-competitive behaviour; and

- breach of Chapter I can result in individuals being disqualified from being a company director and lead to criminal sanctions.

I would think the SFA and SPL in particular should be looking closely at this legislation, and in particular the board members need to consider their personal roles.

(A word of advice guys, get the house in the wife's name asap.)

laugh.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis