Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

In spite of some Chairmen wanting that badly, I just can't see it.

The backlash would be too extreme.

Not had the time to catch up on the last 20 pages, so this may have been dealt with, but posted this on B&W Army in response to last night's meeting where SG basically said it has to be SFL 1 or we're all doomed:

"Still can't believe people haven't noticed the emperor is naked.

It seems pretty clear that all the manoeuvring and lying is aimed at Sevco not being admitted to SFL1 but the SPL.

1. Doncaster releases a statement guaranteed to do one thing.... make sure the SFL clubs react the only way they could to it... ie, no to them entering at SFL1 level.

2. He then takes the same scare story, spun in a slightly different way, and gets the SPL chairmen to start panicking.

3. Ensures that the SPL vote gets postponed until its a clear choice for the SPL of letting Sevco jump straight in to the top division, or 'The World Ends' with them in SFL 3.

Points 1 and 2 seem to be coming along nicely.

Next week, the SFL chairmen will rightly not submit to blackmail, and vote SFL 3.

At the SPL meeting which follows, Sevco will be voted in to the SPL with the chairmen doing u-turns applauded by the very fans who would have balked at it even a week ago.

People think Doncaster is incompetent, but it looks to me like he's a genius. Next stop special advisor at No 10? "

This has been set up so that Sevco WILL be in the SPL, and the chairmen will look to have done the only thing possible.

I also later used a poor poker analogy:

"On reflection it might not actually be Doncaster that's behind this. Celtic have been almost totally silent publically on this, but I can't for a second imagine that they've not been working away behind the scenes to ensure their key business partners are kept just where they need them. Lawell seems a lot more capable of creating this scenario than Doncaster is.

Either way it looks like we're about to throw away our full house to the guy with a pair of twos."

The whole thing makes me sick.

You think Doncaster would come and say that pish if celtic were not in agreement. I doubt he cares what Aberdeen or hibs think or hearts.

You think he would disregard the opinion of Celtic of which he must know and is surely banking on.

I don't believe anything thats comes out his mouth, the guy's full of shit imo.

Just do a google search on the history of the swastika,the NAZI's used it as propaganda but means something else in other cultures..

I believe the Nazis subverted an ancient peace symbol (chinese?) by reversing it.

Pub quiz knowledge, haven't bothered to check if true.

I tell you what, if it's going to be the 1st Division. I'd rather they just got put in the SPL with 3 years of real sanctions (preferably both points, say 15 and financial no TV revenue or prize money) and them accepting the transfer ban this year. See how the Rangers fans (those who'll turn up in that situation) respond to a season of their crappy squad getting pumped every which way from sunday from the 'diddies'

Personally I doubt sevco lasts a season. I don't think the money is there.

That way the SFL gets to keep it's self-respect while the SPL loses what little it had. As long as real measured reconstruction remains on the table then that's better than the SFL selling their souls for the good of the game.

The whole farce could be avoided, if the SFL clubs simply said yesterday, if you make the decision to put them out of your league structure, they'll have to enter at the bottom of ours. If the SPL want to cave then fine.

I tell you what, if it's going to be the 1st Division. I'd rather they just got put in the SPL with 3 years of real sanctions (preferably both points, say 15 and financial no TV revenue or prize money) and them accepting the transfer ban this year. See how the Rangers fans (those who'll turn up in that situation) respond to a season of their crappy squad getting pumped every which way from sunday from the 'diddies'

That way the SFL gets to keep it's self-respect while the SPL loses what little it had. As long as real measured reconstruction remains on the table then that's better than the SFL selling their souls for the good of the game.

The whole farce could be avoided, if the SFL clubs simply said yesterday, if you make the decision to put them out of your league structure, they'll have to enter at the bottom of ours. If the SPL want to cave then fine.

This ^^

St mirren statement from last night makes it clear its not just sky that is the deal breaker. SG said that some sponsors will terminate, some will.renegotiate and some will carry on regardless. Clubs not allowed to name individual sponsors.

It seems crazy to me that even when.clubs are coming out and saying that their future is in very real danger still the fans won't listen.

"Sporting integrity" will mean f**k all when your response to rangers' cheating puts your club out of business while rangers still exist.

There has to be a balance between punishment and personal survival.

It's not about punishment. It's about wanting to play in a league that isn't fixed. If the same rules don;t apply to every club then the game is as real as wrestling. If clubs go bust, they go bust. But if the league's bent, what on earth is the point of playing in it or paying to watch it?

I don't believe anything thats comes out his mouth, the guy's full of shit imo.

I agree however I think that Celtic must be backing his viewpoint not publicly. Afterwards when there

goal is achieved (rangers in the SPL with sanctions) they can say what their fans want to hear.

There is clear indication (if the media would bother to check) that Publicly Aberdeen and Hibs want

the vote to go ahead.

St mirren statement from last night makes it clear its not just sky that is the deal breaker. SG said that some sponsors will terminate, some will.renegotiate and some will carry on regardless. Clubs not allowed to name individual sponsors.

It seems crazy to me that even when.clubs are coming out and saying that their future is in very real danger still the fans won't listen.

"Sporting integrity" will mean f**k all when your response to rangers' cheating puts your club out of business while rangers still exist.

The game is meant to have rules. If they don't apply across the board then why bother with the game?

We now know the 'diddies' can't survive without either side of the old firm for more than a year. If sevco go to the 1st division, what's to stop them putting 12 players on the park? (no ref jokes, seriously playing 12 players on the pitch), the rules of football suggest that would mean a 3-0 victory to the opposition, but Rangers HAVE to get promoted to the SPL for 2013/14 so that rule couldn't be applied.

On a more serious note, if there's a playoff involving sevco for an SPL spot next year would anyone think that game would be fairly adjudicated? Anyone at all?

If the rules can be set aside for one club, there's no game. They may as well hand the players steel chairs and ask them to go at it...after all it would improve the ratings and that's all that matters.

I now agree with this point. It's SPL's problem, put them back in there and let them all suffer. If they finish bottom we all know they won't be relegated, it's not allowed for either of them to go down, so we'll get a bigger league which is what we all want. Thing is, we'll all be so pissed off that crowds will be shocking. Many fans will have walked never to return. People will never forget those who caved. The whole game in the poorhouse thanks to one team's cheating and our corrupt authorities spinelessness.

This is a dark day for Scottish Football - The need and the want for money has overtaken justice and fairness. St Johnstone are the only SPL team to come out and say that they won't change their vote(the others should have followed immediately. If this happens the game is dead. I will never watch another senior scottish game again on television or live. The gerrymandering and propaganda on this is on a level I never expected.

The orcs may have lost a few battles but I fear they may win the war. Doncaster should be taken out in front of Hampden and stoned.

The sad thing is the SPL teams at the time of the formation of the SPL they gave the old firm the keys to the treasury and they will never get them back. WE made the bed and now we lie in it.

I looked on with pride last week as team after team said no to corruption, cheating and bigotry and now they are being blackmailed by a television company and the propaganda machine that is the Daily Ranger lead by Jabba Traynor.

Doncaster has sat in front of them with his flawed figures and tickled their chins and they have rolled over and had their bellies tickled

A vile and horrible conspiracy :(

"Four Old Firm games a season is what Sky export around Britain and the world – that's what they pay for.

Apart from the loathsome use of "a Sky insider", I am not sure if Sky now realise they can play a little hardball here (they have been suspiciously quiet up until now).

They get it in the UK but Sky only have UK rights. Indeed pubs with Sky in Spain are IIRC breaking the rules as much as pubs here using Greek Sat TV.

Sport 5 (I think) have worldwide rights they sell on. I happen to think that will be a deal harmed as it is clear they sell to ex-pat market.

As we all know the sky money is the dealbreaker across the board here.

It's not. Gilmour said Sky is less than half (can't remember exact %). It is other 17 odd major sponsors. I actually think from our chairman's comments ESPN want out very quickly and that BT could we replace them.

One of Lawell's first statements when this whole saga begun was that Celtic do not need Rangers, he's making a rod for his own back if thats the case. Celtic supporters have not forgetten that. Believe you me, we will be as pissed off as the rest of you if Celtic were to say yes. I would like to hear something from the club now though, i felt the silence was justified at the start as there was nothing that could be said that was really make any difference in regards to the situation but now with all the stuff being said about Lawell, i think its best Celtic come out a clarify all this.

I think he realises this. The silence has been that he hopes he could turn enough of the clubs to do his dirty work. From what I've heard, it seems that Celtic were very much in bed with Rangers and had a mutual relationship at the expense of other clubs. They'd do anything to turn back the clock.

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but someone raised a point at out Q&A last night about Rangers buying another club. Cowdenbeath (was the club mentioned) but SG said can't do that and no longer permitted.

I can't believe the SPL are contemplating not holding a vote today, fucking cockwombling idiots!

If that happens then the SFL should just get on with next season with the clubs currently in place. There is no time for fuckin aboot any longer. This will end the uncertainty of who is going to be playing where and put the ball firmly in the SPL court.

The shortfall in the settlement figure recieved by each SFL club could be plugged if there was a nationwide appeal to SFL fans (and disillussioned SPL ones). I'm fairly sure, with a concerted effort, we could raise £1.9m between us for a season until the clubs have a chance to re-budget accordingly.

If we all believe in the integrity of the game as passionately as being discussed on here then we should put our money where our mouths are!

You sir are a Fucking idiot.

I agree however I think that Celtic must be backing his viewpoint not publicly. Afterwards when there

goal is achieved (rangers in the SPL with sanctions) they can say what their fans want to hear.

There is clear indication (if the media would bother to check) that Publicly Aberdeen and Hibs want

the vote to go ahead.

I'm not sure i would go that far yet, but the silence is abit headscratching now. But it would say alot about whats going to happen if this vote is defered, there is absolutly no reason for it to be delayed. We had the No votes required, that should be it.