Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not seen this anywhere, but the Stenhousemuir thread on the SFL2 Board. It's from the Telegraph. If true, does it not change everything in that it strips the SFA/SPL of their principle weapon in bullying the SFL clubs? It also would mean that the officers in charge have simply lied.

Rangers in crisis: SFL clubs unfazed by Neil Doncaster's scare tactics

Scottish Football League clubs are prepared to call Neil Doncaster's bluff by refusing to grant the SFL board permission to launch Charles Green's newco Rangers into the First Division.

doncaster_2271961b.jpgDeal or no deal? Neil Doncaster is pressuring SFL clubs to allow the Rangers newco to begin life in the First Division Photo: PA By Ewing Grahame

10:30PM BST 09 Jul 2012

comments.gif35 Comments

The Scottish Premier League's chief executive addressed a meeting of the SFL clubs last week and made the threat that the SPL would be unable to afford to pay the annual settlement agreement – a sum worth around £2 million – unless Sevco Scotland Ltd were allowed to begin life in the second tier.

Such an outcome would, it's argued, protect the new, as yet unsigned, Sky TV deal – assuming, that is, that the new Glasgow club were able to win promotion next season.

However, Raith Rovers director Eric Drysdale – a member of the SFA's independent judicial panel which fined Rangers £160,000 and imposed a 12-month transfer embargo on them – has pointed out to Doncaster that the settlement agreement is a legally binding contractual obligation and that payment is not optional.

The agreement was introduced as compensation to the SFL when the 10 biggest clubs in the country broke away to form the new body in 1998. The original payment was £1.4 million but that has risen in line with the Retail Price Index to its current amount and it must be paid in perpetuity.

Should the SPL's income fall below the £6 million earned by the SFL in 1998 that payment may be reduced but not abandoned.

It is understood that the SPL must make the payment before distributing the rest of its income to its members, in which case failure to comply with the agreement would effectively mean that the SPL was bankrupt.

Consequently, the SFL's clubs can vote on Rangers' application at Hampden on Friday without fear of having to make do without valuable income from the top tier.

It's a busted flush for Neil now. He's fucked.

"Scottish football is in crisis and needs a man of honesty, vision and strength at the helm - David Longmuir"

Is that the same David Longmuir that put his name to the proposals to allow a newly formed club admittance to the SFL Division 1, despite the fact they do not fulfil the criteria, and that there are many other interested applicants who do?

Sounds to me like he's one of the driving forces behind the 'Cheats Charter'.

I believe there is a clause that allows the SPL to withold the payment should it require the money to pay its own teams.

The Clyde statement made it abundantly clear that Doncaster had stated that the SPL would be withholding the payment due to spite, rather than because they couldn't pay it. It's also absurd to suggest that even in the worst case scenario the SPL couldn't cobble together £6m in sponsorship and coverage fees. Again, any club making decisions based on this scenario is run by craven idiots.

Tommos latest tweet

alex thomson ‏@alextomo

Having seen STV list I can say it is definitely 14 - 3 pro D3. At least one of the 'undecideds' is 100% opposed to D1.

Does this matter though?

Is it not the case that SFL clubs will be invited solely to vote on whether Newco join the the SFL structure at all?

Thereafter, the SFL board get to choose whether it's the 1st or the 3rd.

Unless we learn how they plan to vote in terms of Newco getting admitted at all, I don't see the relevance of polls like this. It's like asking me how I plan to vote in the Syrian General Election.

Have I got this wrong, or is that not still how it's scheduled to work on Friday?

"Scottish football is in crisis and needs a man of honesty, vision and strength at the helm - David Longmuir"

Is that the same David Longmuir that put his name to the proposals to allow a newly formed club admittance to the SFL Division 1, despite the fact they do not fulfil the criteria, and that there are many other interested applicants who do?

Sounds to me like he's one of the driving forces behind the 'Cheats Charter'.

Has Longmuir actually come out and said he thinks Rangers should be in SFL1 in the way, for example, Regan has? If he's been instructed by his Board to forward a document, or SFA has requested he assist, then...?

I've jovially called MJ agent Johnston in the past, that piece makes me wonder if he is an Ayr fan.

Why on earth did he abstain? Given the choices:

(a) Vote YES, get wrath of the fans and they're not allowed into the SPL anyway.

(b)Vote NO, keep fans happy and they're not allowed into SPL anyway.

©ABSTAIN, pisses of the fans and they're not allowed into the SPL anyway.

or (d) The only honest Chairman in the SPL: abstained because a YES vote would be pointless but couldn't bring himself to the hypocrisy of the NO vote, knowing the DIV 1 fix was in place..

Does this matter though?

Is it not the case that SFL clubs will be invited solely to vote on whether Newco join the the SFL structure at all?

Thereafter, the SFL board get to choose whether it's the 1st or the 3rd.

Unless we learn how they plan to vote in terms of Newco getting admitted at all, I don't see the relevance of polls like this. It's like asking me how I plan to vote in the Syrian General Election.

Have I got this wrong, or is that not still how it's scheduled to work on Friday?

Longmuir quoted in one of today's papers saying the clubs, not the board, will decide on Division 1 or Division 3. John Yorkston has also said any other option would not be acceptable.

or (d) The only honest Chairman in the SPL: abstained because a YES vote would be pointless but couldn't bring himself to the hypocrisy of the NO vote, knowing the DIV 1 fix was in place..

Probably nearer the truth, although I think his duty as a director had more to do with it.

If he was that honest, why didn't he announce the D1 fix?

If he was that honest, why did he give as his rationale that he was reflecting the opinion of the fan base, based on an interpretation of a poll that would make Saddam's reelection look like the model of democracy?

I have a sneaky feeling that the Morton game on Monday may be getting my attendance. Should support the clubs who are coming out and standing up to those who are trying their damnest to manipulate others thru threats and blackmail. Hopefully the Raith game tonight will be well attended - too far away from me unfortunately.

Aye, there's honest and there's honest.

Off topic but MJ is a smug b*****d; is there a single photo of him where he doesn't have that superior, supercilious lawyer's grin on his fat pus? I get the impression he would like the whole thing to go tits up so he could sit in the corner going "I told you so. I told you this would happen. If you'd just have listened to me..........."

What is the source of this belief? The Daily Record? The Sun? Jim Traynor? Neil Doncaster? Or something more reliable?

Apologies it should have said pay the Spl running costs (not teams) it is in the rules document under c4.2.2 I think sorry can't link document as I am on my phone.

ETA - http://www.scotprem.com/content/mediaassets/doc/RULES%20EFFECTIVE%2030%20MAY%202012%20%28CLEAN%29.pdf

Edited by ADMITCHELL

Well I’ve sure been put in my place. I didn’t realize that standing up for the club you have supported your whole life made me variously an imbecile / w****r / moron / arsehole. Now I like a football rivalry as much as the next person but there seems to be genuine worryingly high levels of hate for rangers and any of their fans on this forum.

Apparently I write with an ingrained sense of entitlement and all us bluenoses do. What utter fucking pish. I can now almost see why some rangers fans want to see the spl crumble and a host of teams go to the wall, well I still don’t but suffice to say when a few other clubs go out of business I won’t shed a tear but I won’t dance on their grave either.

A lot of people have also said rangers have "cheated" for over 20 years; it’s a nice round number and also handily erodes the achievement of winning 9 league titles in a row in the 90's. Shame that it’s a massive exaggeration back up with not a shred of fact. If you are referring to the shameful EBT's then yes it was cheating but as far as I was aware that started around 2000, if your simply bumping your gums and evoking pathetic clichés like "the establishment" and "help from referees" then really you need a life.

I mean seriously; when you call a person a w****r for supporting Aston villa and watching American football you have deep physiological issues to deal with. Either that or you are a keyboard hard man, either way it’s a worrying reflection of Scottish society.