Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Here's a fun detail: so far as I can make out, Rangers will not be entitled to any share of TV money from broadcasting their SFL games.

http://wingsland.pod...e-just-noticed/

I think it may actually refer to division of assets if the league's wound-up: it'd be surprising if clubs got no prizemoney etc. for 3yrs after joining.

However in practice it makes little difference... SFL money is split-up as follows:

* 75% of [[£1,187,649 corrected from 2008-09 prices using RPI]] is split evenly

* 25% of [[that figure]] is ladderred by finishing position

* anything over [[that figure]] is divided 55% to SFL1, 33% to SFL2, 12% to SFL3 then shared-out between the clubs

So considering their current deals with Irn-Bru, the Annual Settlement, solidarity payments from SFA, etc., it seems Rangers would only get 1.2% if current arrangements were stuck to.

Yes, the club can be punished for what (allegedly) happened in its past. The transfer embargo, assuming it is finalised, is proof of that.

Are you saying that, if proven guilty of using dual contracts, a club should be stripped of all trophies and awards that it accumulated during the years in which it was cheating?

P.S. Being stripped of trophies and awards for cheating is not a "punishment", it is a consequence of the earlier actions of the guilty club.

The transfer embargo is not a "punishment", it is a consequence of an earlier action on the part of the guilty club.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

McCoist Refuses To Accept Rangers Didn’t Win Champions League Last Season

Speaking at a supporters rally, Ally McCoist made it clear he will never accept that Rangers didn’t win the Champions League last season.

The head coach of Sevco is adamant that Rangers beat Barcelona 2-1 in a thrilling final in Munich two months ago, and lambasted “sinister forces” inside the SFA and UEFA who are trying to claim otherwise.

“What they are doing to our club is unforgivable,” vented McCoist, closely flanked by his handlers from Carstairs psychiatric hospital.

“The joy we all felt when Kirk [broadfoot] headed the winner past Víctor Valdés will never go away,” asserted the angry newco boss, to loud cheers from the assembled Sevco fans.

“We won that final fair and square. But now people are trying to tell us we were pumped out in the preliminaries, and that Chelsea won it on penalties? It’s outrageous!”

Added McCoist forcefully: “Who are these people? We demand to know.”

The rotund ex-Rangers striker was then bundled into an ambulance and taken back into care.

Club ambassador Sandy Jardine then stepped forward to address the crowd, and urged the Sevco loyal to boycott Champions League matches next season, as a show of their defiant corporate might.

“Make no mistake, we know who our enemies are,” revealed Jardine, who earns an excellent wage for stoking up hatred. “And I predict Real Madrid and Inter Milan will go to the wall without our fans there to bankroll them next season.”

Edited by BinoBalls

McCoist Refuses To Accept Rangers Didn’t Win Champions League Last Season

Speaking at a supporters rally, Ally McCoist made it clear he will never accept that Rangers didn’t win the Champions League last season.

The head coach of Sevco is adamant that Rangers beat Barcelona 2-1 in a thrilling final in Munich two months ago, and lambasted “sinister forces” inside the SFA and UEFA who are trying to claim otherwise.

“What they are doing to our club is unforgivable,” vented McCoist, closely flanked by his handlers from Carstairs psychiatric hospital.

“The joy we all felt when Kirk [broadfoot] headed the winner past Víctor Valdés will never go away,” asserted the angry newco boss, to loud cheers from the assembled Sevco fans.

“We won that final fair and square. But now people are now trying to tell us we were pumped out in the preliminaries, and that Chelsea won it on penalties? It’s outrageous!”

Added McCoist forcefully: “Who are these people? We demand to know.”

The rotund ex-Rangers striker was then bundled into an ambulance and taken back into care.

Club ambassador Sandy Jardine then stepped forward to address the crowd, and urged the Sevco loyal to boycott Champions League matches next season, as a show of their defiant corporate might.

“Make no mistake, we know who are enemies are,” revealed Jardine, who earns an excellent wage for stoking up hatred. “And I predict Real Madrid and Inter Milan will go to the wall without our fans there to bankroll them next season.”

thumbup2.gif

Quite agree. I think he's either a raging alcoholic who has lucid moments or is drugged up, either voluntarily or by court order, and occasionally avoids his meds with a similar result.

Mind you if MJ was the chairman of the club I supported alcohol or drugs would seem a decent alternative to reality.

BTW why are you not posting in the various Dundee related threads? They seem to be populated by a range of intelligent and erudite individuals with a keen insight into this game that we love so much.

I have been. I think my last contribution was about a mental girl I fucked from Douglas.

In the Transfers thread.

Make of that what you will.

Probably a whole lotta subtext, why? What impact do you think it has on the SPL if the 3rd division can't start with twelve teams, Spartans become an SFL side or the league is held up because of courtroom wrangling? The money rangers brought in is gone already so losing that twice isn't really much of an issue.

Hmm, so Div 3 has had sone reconstruction then and expanded to 12 teams, when did that happen?

If you're going to make a point, at least get the basics right!

The Rangers fans are correct in making a division between the club and the company

They're really not. The "company" whose assets Sevco 5088 bought was called "Rangers Football Club PLC". I'd say there's a pretty big clue there that it was, in fact, a football club. If the "club" has continued separate from the company, why isn't it in the SPL? It was never relegated by football authorities, either on or off the field.

Here's a fun detail: so far as I can make out, Rangers will not be entitled to any share of TV money from broadcasting their SFL games.

http://wingsland.pod...e-just-noticed/

I think it's worth pasting on here for the hard of clicking.:)

A thing we just noticed

Posted on July 22, 2012 by Rev. Stuart Campbell In the debate over whether the SPL buys the broadcast rights to SFL games featuring Rangers, we’ve just spotted a rather interesting quirk. Sevco Scotland Limited was accepted to the SFL as an Associate Member, and will not be eligible for full Member status for four years. Rule 19 of the SFL Constitution says:

“An Associate Member shall have no financial interest in the assets of the League and shall not be accorded any voting rights.”

We assume “the assets of the League” include its media rights. (Indeed, as far as we can see those would be pretty much the only assets jointly owned by the League.) Rule 19 would seem to suggest that if the SFL does want to sell “Rangers” games to the SPL – or indeed to anyone else – not only will the newco not be entitled to a vote on the matter, but it won’t be entitled to any of the money either.

We haven’t seen anyone else mention this. It seems quite significant.

They're really not. The "company" whose assets Sevco 5088 bought was called "Rangers Football Club PLC". I'd say there's a pretty big clue there that it was, in fact, a football club. If the "club" has continued separate from the company, why isn't it in the SPL? It was never relegated by football authorities, either on or off the field.

No, the assets belonged to a PLC. The clue, as you say, is in that.

The club lost possession of the SPL share, not the company. The club lost it because of the actions of the company, granted, but there is a legal distinction between the club and the company, whether we want to accept it or not. That's not up for debate. Nobody has been relegated in this saga - the club or the company.

McCoist Refuses To Accept Rangers Didn't Win Champions League Last Season

Speaking at a supporters rally, Ally McCoist made it clear he will never accept that Rangers didn't win the Champions League last season.

The head coach of Sevco is adamant that Rangers beat Barcelona 2-1 in a thrilling final in Munich two months ago, and lambasted "sinister forces" inside the SFA and UEFA who are trying to claim otherwise.

"What they are doing to our club is unforgivable," vented McCoist, closely flanked by his handlers from Carstairs psychiatric hospital.

"The joy we all felt when Kirk [broadfoot] headed the winner past Víctor Valdés will never go away," asserted the angry newco boss, to loud cheers from the assembled Sevco fans.

"We won that final fair and square. But now people are now trying to tell us we were pumped out in the preliminaries, and that Chelsea won it on penalties? It's outrageous!"

Added McCoist forcefully: "Who are these people? We demand to know."

"Make no mistake, we know who are enemies are," revealed Jardine, who earns an excellent wage for stoking up hatred. "And I predict Real Madrid and Inter Milan will go to the wall without our fans there to bankroll them next season."

He is spot on there! I confidently predict that not a SINGLE Rangers supporter will attend a CL match at Ibrox next season.

Or the following season.Or the folowing season Or etc etc etc.

Edited by cyderspaceman

If the SFL have their own TV deal then why should they get the £2 million ?

Eh because an SFL TV deal has no bearing on the contractual obligations of the SPL as regards the £2m. There is a contract between SPL and SFL which SPL is bound to honour. Underlying that contract settlement was an agreement SPL has the right then to sell its own TV rights and the SFL has always had the rights to sell its games to TV - nothing has changed other than Rangers are now in the SFL so the SPL has no TV rights re Rangers - indeed if I recall correctly the SPL clubs agreed that Rangers should no longer be an SPL club.

So either SFL clubs receive the £2m (unless the trigger point for payments is not met) and derive the full benefit of Rangers TV rights themselves or the compromise is they receive the £2m and a suitably negotiated further payment acceptable to the SFL for transferring Rangers/SFL tv rights to the SPL which I would expect would be guaranteed for a minimum of 3 years. That's fair and has integrity - which is a key driver for SPL clubs I believe.

No, no, no... you're not getting it. The club is the entity who wins leagues, cups, gets it up ra' Sellik, and has cuddly loveable fans.

They are responsible for nuthin'.

The company is the entity who does all the naughty stuff, and Minty, Whytey and Greeny are the individuals responsible for any naughtiness.

They are responsible for everything.

... get with the programme FFS man!

Or in short, it was big boys that did it and ran away. :lol:

Eh because an SFL TV deal has no bearing on the contractual obligations of the SPL as regards the £2m. There is a contract between SPL and SFL which SPL is bound to honour. Underlying that contract settlement was an agreement SPL has the right then to sell its own TV rights and the SFL has always had the rights to sell its games to TV - nothing has changed other than Rangers are now in the SFL so the SPL has no TV rights re Rangers - indeed if I recall correctly the SPL clubs agreed that Rangers should no longer be an SPL club.

Very clearly, this.

Was the settlement fee affected by the deal the SFL had with STV a few years back, or by the SFL matches shown on BBC Alba?

I think it's worth pasting on here for the hard of clicking.:)

A thing we just noticed

Posted on July 22, 2012 by Rev. Stuart Campbell In the debate over whether the SPL buys the broadcast rights to SFL games featuring Rangers, we've just spotted a rather interesting quirk. Sevco Scotland Limited was accepted to the SFL as an Associate Member, and will not be eligible for full Member status for four years. Rule 19 of the SFL Constitution says:

"An Associate Member shall have no financial interest in the assets of the League and shall not be accorded any voting rights."

We assume "the assets of the League" include its media rights. (Indeed, as far as we can see those would be pretty much the only assets jointly owned by the League.) Rule 19 would seem to suggest that if the SFL does want to sell "Rangers" games to the SPL – or indeed to anyone else – not only will the newco not be entitled to a vote on the matter, but it won't be entitled to any of the money either.

We haven't seen anyone else mention this. It seems quite significant.

Not sure if revenue from media contracts would be considered as "Assets". Just as Associate Members are entitled to their share of the Settlement money. Hope I'm wrong though..rolleyes.gif

Yes, the club can be punished for what (allegedly) happened in its past. The transfer embargo, assuming it is finalised, is proof of that.

The transfer embargo is the penalty for the 'bringing the game into disrepute' charge, nothing else. The EBT penalty will be stripping of 'tainted' titles given the fraudulent use of dual contracts. Please keep up, mind you it is difficult given the number of offences the club formerly known as Rangers has committed. :D