Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just to be clear about the crossbar challenge, it did happen. It was run by an outside company. The guy who tried it missed. Not exactly surprising as it's a difficult thing to do.

It was supposed to take place at every home game. Did this happen?

£1m Crossbar Challenge

Written by Rangers Football Club

RANGERS has become the first football club in the world to launch a crossbar challenge with a mind-blowing prize of £1 million on offer to a supporter at the end of the season.

Fans will have the chance to win a range of prizes throughout the 2012/13 campaign by answering a simple football question – which will be revealed right here on the club's official website and on Rangers' social media channels.

Fans can then text RANGERS to 87070 with the answer or phone the hotline on 0907 595 1972.*

All correct entries will go into a draw to appear on the pitch and try a crossbar challenge at Ibrox this season with a £1 million prize on offer at the final match of the campaign, further enhancing the club’s entertainment value on matchdays.

The first crossbar challenge will take place when Montrose visit Ibrox on Sunday 23 September and in celebration of Ally McCoist’s impending 50th birthday, the prize on offer will be £50,000 if the fan selected can hit the bar from the centre spot in front of a packed stadium.

All fans chosen to take part will receive a signed strip and the competition will reach unprecedented heights when a lucky supporter will have the chance to win £1 million at the final home game against Berwick Rangers in May – where thousands of fans will undoubtedly be on the edge of their seats to see if the £1 million prize can be secured by hitting the crossbar.

A prize of this value has never been offered in this way in football before and it is another first for Rangers.

Striker Fran Sandaza, who launched the Crossbar Challenge today, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for the club and the fans to benefit from an exciting matchday experience.

"Supporters have the chance to win amazing prizes culminating in a £1m jackpot at the end of the season and the club benefits from the proceeds of the texts and calls so it is a win for everyone.

"This is another great way for the fans to back the club and build revenues together.”

Young supporters also have the chance to participate and win a signed strip - parents can text 87070 followed by TEDDYBEAR and answer a simple question if they want their child to appear on the pitch and take a penalty against Broxi Bear on the hallowed Ibrox turf.

who? :lol:

It was supposed to take place at every home game. Did this happen?

who? :lol:

Not sure if it took place at every home game. I don't pay much attention to the half-time stuff. I'm sure there were previous ones though. Incidentally I don't see in the long bit you've quoted where it says it would happen at every home game.

Not sure if it took place at every home game. I don't pay much attention to the half-time stuff. I'm sure there were previous ones though. Incidentally I don't see in the long bit you've quoted where it says it would happen at every home game.

Your right. Devil is in the detail. I presume that it therefore only enhances the matchday experience if you are lucky enough to go to one of the games where the competition is taking place. For information the competition was held on seven occasions prior to the final home game of the season so not even half the games.

Thanks for that, BWM. A simple answer to a simple question, asked three days ago. You come on this morning, and deal with it straight away. Some of your fellow-berrz could learn from you. ;)

It's been answered numerous times.

Weirdo.

"Suits" 3-1 "Rangers Men"

MM loses vote of no confidence at Board Meeting.

Sally.....you're next. :o

Loved your rant on the BBC thread, top stuff and it gave me a chuckle or two :lol:

A Raith Rovers fan demanding what should be posted on the Rangers forum and what shouldn't be posted, unbelievable.

Maybe some of us should start posting shite on Raith Rovers threads now, sauce, geese and ganders....

Loved your rant on the BBC thread, top stuff and it gave me a chuckle or two :lol:

A Raith Rovers fan demanding what should be posted on the Rangers forum and what shouldn't be posted, unbelievable.

Maybe some of us should start posting shite on Raith Rovers threads now, sauce, geese and ganders....

Benny....

You are P&B's very own virtual tramp.

Every thread you appear in ends up covered in your defecation. If it was even relevant defecation I could, possibly, live with it....but it never is.

Setting a post up about the BBC/RANGERS Fallout in this forum is highly appropriate actually....nay, even RELEVANT.

As soon as your input (or should that be OUTput?) started to smell, I recognised that it was time to close the thread. Simple really.

Like you. :D

Edited by GreenockRover

Not in a straightforward and honest fashion, though.

Alien concepts to you, maybe, but there are some grown-ups in the rangers camp.

as per Greenock Rover's pithy observations above.

Bennett seems to have given up, has no real answers to the clusterfucks rolling into Ibrox like the tide coming in each day, and just farts out an automatic sour and sarky response to everything. Sour and sarky responses are OK now and again, but the poor sap is becoming a bigger figure of fun than AWRA.

Once again we have the 'Raith Rovers' fan telling us what should be posted on the Rangers forum.

He can always stamp his feet and get another thread closed i suppose.....

Edited by bennett

I see that Paul the lawyer who must be supervised at all times website is launching an investigation into Broxi bear :lol::lol:

What is wrong with these clowns?

Get a f**king life....

as per Greenock Rover's pithy observations above.

Bennett seems to have given up, has no real answers to the clusterfucks rolling into Ibrox like the tide coming in each day, and just farts out an automatic sour and sarky response to everything. Sour and sarky responses are OK now and again, but the poor sap is becoming a bigger figure of fun than AWRA.

According to the BBC (some of) the other directors had a vote of no confidence in the Chairman. These board members are 'keen for him to step down'.

In other words they are trying to force him out, while knowing they cannot force him to go. (Not enough voting shares probably)

But why? What has he done wrong? There is lots we don't know and lots we are not being told. Will the Green/Malcolm Murray shareholders close ranks on this behind M Murray? If they do,, where will this leave Super Ally and Uncle W? :o

The share price is not showing any nervousness so despite the posturing it may be that people believe Murray will stay.

I just wish we could get some reports published that cleaned out the chancers feeding off the Rangers faithful. I include Ally and Walt in the greedy chancers group. :(

I just wish the Rangers faithful were as informed about this as they are about the deeds of Lawwell or the excitement of cross bar challenges.

Edited by thelegendthatis

I thought it another successful attempt to suck in hard of thinking Rangers fans to part with coin, to be fair it seems to be working, again. Talking about rip off Govan, how did the crossbar challenge go?

Seriously though, guys at the match, did they bother with the crossbar thing?

So come on, put us out of our misery, did The Million Pound Crossbar Challenge happen or were we duped again?

Some wee punter actually won it.

You should have seen the place bouncing. ...

Part One..

The SPL's master plan has been approved. We are changing from a 12 - 10 - 10 - 10 system to a12 - 10 - 10 - 10 system :lol::lol:

I wonder which genius came up with this bright idea?

According to the BBC (some of) the other directors had a vote of no confidence in the Chairman. These board members are 'keen for him to step down'.

In other words they are trying to force him out, while knowing they cannot force him to go. (Not enough voting shares probably)

But why? What has he done wrong? There is lots we don't know and lots we are not being told. Will the Green/Malcolm Murray shareholders close ranks on this behind M Murray? If they do,, where will this leave Super Ally and Uncle W? :o

The share price is not showing any nervousness so despite the posturing Murray it may be that will stay.

I just wish we could get some reports published that cleaned out the chancers feeding off the Rangers faithful. I include Ally and Walt is the greedy chancers group. :(

I just wish the Rangers faithful were as informed about this as they are about the deeds of Lawwell or the excitement of cross bar challenges.

Is this it, is that traumatic tuesday?

Not like Irish Phil to get the G&G's all worked up ocer f**k all, now is it?

I'm being serious bennett, who won (if anyone) the Million pound?

Oh don't you start with this conspiracy/investigation crap Rico.

It was a bit of fun thats all.

Is 'nae c**t' the answer you were looking for? It was a PR idea that wasn't followed through. That's it. Started out as a idea and then became a f**k-up. End of story.

Except it was followed through T_K, right up to the point where someone gets the chance to win a Million.

Bears were duped again. Why the hostile reaction of TRFC fans to people asking questions about this I don't know?

Part Three...