Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Do you think Thomson would be up for it?

Sadly no. Thomson will take a pragmatic approach befitting a club Chairman who is due the bank £5.5m. Maybe we supporters from various clubs should threaten a boycott if the SPL ignore the wishes of the vast majority of non-OF fans* who would not want to see a re-invented rangers given priority treatment.

* Based upon the fact that every single person I have spoken to since yesterday has expressed their delight at the thought of RFC going down the tubes - please advise if your experience is different.

I thought that building had those self cleaning windows.:unsure:

I'll have you know I'm the court jester.

Anyway, it's being heard before Lord Menzies as we speak, unfort didnt have time to pop down. Reckon I'll be able to grab some ice cream from High St and be back in time for HMRC's pro wrestling style promo.

"Rangers, we comin' for you..."

Edited by The OP

Sadly no. Thomson will take a pragmatic approach befitting a club Chairman who is due the bank £5.5m. Maybe we supporters from various clubs should threaten a boycott if the SPL ignore the wishes of the vast majority of non-OF fans* who would not want to see a re-invented rangers given priority treatment.

* Based upon the fact that every single person I have spoken to since yesterday has expressed their delight at the thought of RFC going down the tubes - please advise if your experience is different.

It will be interesting to see whether people are prepared to act. I know I would seriously consider whether to continue to attend matches if I see the end game as effectively the game cheating for commercial reasons. I understand completely why they might do so - but the integrity of the sport is at question here. If that goes, then what's the point?

If the suits did collude to allow Rangers 2013 United straight into the SPL by cheating and ripping up the rule book - the reaction from supporters, sorry, 'customers' to this development would make the reaction to Doncaster's 'a ten team SPL is the only way' speech seem tame in comparison. A lot of water to flow under the bridge yet.

In the first instance, there's a "PR difference" between admitting a brand-spanking-new club, and the alternative option of the league share, badge, etc. being transferred from AB Ltd to CD Ltd, and this could probably be played upon. In the second instance, if SPL TV and sponsorship deals were about to go down the chute, minds will be focused regardless of PR.

The same thing happened with Leed down south did it not?

No CVA was agreed the club was dissolved and a new phoenix club was allowed to take the old Leeds league place. They started the following season with minus 15 points but they didnt have to start again in the bottom league.

We can but hope. To be honest, I doubt HMFC would be any different if it wasn't for the fact Vlad's a bit mental. Sad indictment of most scottish chairman that they'd rather feed off the scraps of the OF than risk it all in the hope of acheiving something better - e.g. a competitive league with teams bringing through youngsters.

It will be interesting to see whether people are prepared to act. I know I would seriously consider whether to continue to attend matches if I see the end game as effectively the game cheating for commercial reasons. I understand completely why they might do so - but the integrity of the sport is at question here. If that goes, then what's the point?

It would depend on the clubs too. If the chairman of Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, whoever, comes out and says "the failure to allow the transfer of share/admitting of a newly-formed club means we lose £XYZ - this means severe problems or even us going to the wall", will their fans demand they oppose it?

Personally I don't see mass-boycotts or similar if Rangers are liquidated but continue in some form, tbh.

Plenty noise? Yes. Boycotting their own clubs? No.

In the first instance, there's a "PR difference" between admitting a brand-spanking-new club, and the alternative option of the league share, badge, etc. being transferred from AB Ltd to CD Ltd, and this could probably be played upon. In the second instance, if SPL TV and sponsorship deals were about to go down the chute, minds will be focused regardless of PR.

Maybe with regards to club owners, directors, officials yes; however not with fans.

However it is done, if Rangers cannot survive in their present form through a deal with HMRC or a succesful CVA then I think ordinary football fans will see through the ploy of a new Rangers being admitted to the SPL however it is done. They will not be rational regarding TV money they will be fucking furious.

I'm not suggesting their fury will translate into any type of practical protest (unfortunately) but it would be nice to think fans of other 'complicit' clubs would let their feelings be known to the club owners.

Fcuk, reading these threads would lead you to believe Rangers are going to cease or be homeless, crackers.

After all the shit has flown Rangers will still be in the SPL playing at Ibrox, they might not own it but they will be playing in it.

If a club the size of Rangers were to be liquidated every bank loan owed by Scottish clubs would be called in straight away,wisen up instead of posting drivel.

The same thing happened with Leed down south did it not?

No CVA was agreed the club was dissolved and a new phoenix club was allowed to take the old Leeds league place. They started the following season with minus 15 points but they didnt have to start again in the bottom league.

No, Record says this today too but it was Leeds United FC before and it's Leeds United FC today. Same year of formation (1919) and same list of honours.

It still hasn't been explained how this would happen, though. Whyte (or someone else) can take or buy Ibrox and form a completely new club, and try to get admitted right into SPL (which would probably happen). Or they can take or buy the league share and thus continue on in SPL, with SPL permission (which again would probably happen).

Ibrox, Murray Park and the league share only have value as footballing assets, afterall.

I wouldn't even put Murray Park in the same bracket as Ibrox or the League share.

Those are the two assets that make money, a place in the league and a stadium to sell tickets to, and right now Craig Whyte has the inside track on both. He also has a few cards to play with the SPL with the TV and media contracts that could give him a cosy interpretation of the rules.

If at the start of next season Craig Whyte is holding a league membership, Ibrox and a points penalty he will be laughing. Footballers are easy to replace, you won't see an alternative Phoenix club because there is no realistic way forward. (e.g. you buy East Stirlingshire and play where?) Even if the new Rangers are vastly reduced in financial clout, they only need a budget of around £15M to comfortably be the second biggest team.

sorry to come in late, with a question that has already been answered, but no desire to trawl through numerous threads to find it (lazy bassa by nature)

If RFC go bust, do the pheonix club not have to be members of the SFA? This would be by buying a licence (as per Airdrie), or election to DIV3 (as per Gretna, Annan et al)Would that not then stop the SPL "inviting" them to join? At least until one or the other happens.

It wasn't that long ago Neil Doncaster stood on the steps of Hampden and told us that unless we adopted a ten team SPL Scottish football would face armageddon. Depending on how things go, Neil Doncaster might stand on the steps of Hampden and tell us that unless we adopt the 'new' Rangers straight into the SPL, Scottish football will face armageddon?

Excuse my cynicsm. No matter how they dress that one up - it'll still smell of shite, just like the 10 team SPL or die story smelled of shite.

I'm not denying the grey suits might do it. Rules? Fcuk the rules... Not denying that at all. If they do? The game is surely a bogey. Time to set up a two-team SPL involving Celtic and Rangers United 2013 playing each other 36 times a season (all live on Sky), and the rest of us can simply crawl back under our rocks.

No, Record says this today too but it was Leeds United FC before and it's Leeds United FC today. Same year of formation (1919) and same list of honours.

Leeds United Association Football Club became Leeds United Football Club.