Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Nope - HMRC lose their money. RFC get liquidated. New RFC 2 is born and is 'invited' or applies to be part of the SPL by getting the license vacated by the loss of RFC 1.

You can scrape shite aff yer shoe all you like - the smell never leaves ya. dry.gif

20p in the £ will probably be the worst case scenario.

I know as a St Mirren supporter I might stand accused of trying to be smug here - but I'm not. I'm making a serious point here... A couple of years ago St Mirren supporters watched our owner do everything he could to STOP our club going into administration. I'm sitting here today watching a weasel like Whyte do everything he can to get his club INTO administration.

I actually fucking love it

fixed :D

Well if the assets are sold to a new company it is the old company that would have the debt to HMRC. If the new company is allowed to 'buy' the league place and Ibrox maybe Craig Whyte is smarter than he's been given credit for in some quarters.

Main thing that stinks for me is the fight between HMRC and Whyte to have an administrator appointed. Given that the administrator's duty is to protect the assets for the creditors it shouldn't really matter who is appointed,should it?

I thought the law had changed to stop companys doing this.. And the new company is as liable as the old one.. Same owner same premises ect....

Well if the assets are sold to a new company it is the old company that would have the debt to HMRC. If the new company is allowed to 'buy' the league place and Ibrox maybe Craig Whyte is smarter than he's been given credit for in some quarters.

Main thing that stinks for me is the fight between HMRC and Whyte to have an administrator appointed. Given that the administrator's duty is to protect the assets for the creditors it shouldn't really matter who is appointed,should it?

Depends.

The Administrator is obligated to secure 'best value' for the assets - this can be a highly subjective thing. HMRC appointed Administrators will sell to effectively the highest bidder - regardless of interest or outcome. RFC Administrator will see 'value' in selling to an 'appropriate' bidder whch might continue in the same or similair business (football) to protect employees.

See where this is all going now ? wink.gif

Edited by GreenockRover

fixed :D

Not really loving it at all mate. As the hours go by, the more it looks like cheats and shysters will fall in a big barrel of steaming shite but come out relatively Scot-free, given the scale of their institutionalised cheating and spiv-like behaviour.

Honest hard working Rangers FC staff will suffer. The rest of Scottish football will bend over and take it up the arse.

What's to love about that?

Regardless of who appoints an administrator, they'll stay in administration until the tax case is settled. Does anyone have an ETA for that?

The adminstrator can sell the assets to another company without needing to go back to court. The company which the adminstrator would be adminstrating and which the tax liability is against would be liquidated.