Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Surely there is some legal recourse though Nizzy? Surely you can't just walk away from a liability that big - bigger than all the assets owned by the club. If it was possible then companies everywhere would operate in the exact same manner and just walk away from their debts.

The company appointed as administrators were already on the fringes prior to their appointment this afternoon

curious statement from now appointed administrator

There is nothing unlawful or improper about the fact that they have ties with Rangers (at the highest level of both organisations by all accounts), but you have to wonder about conflicts of interest when the administrator is supposed to continue the operation of the business for the benefit of the creditors, not the business itself.

The legal side of things is totally up in the air but it is 100%, cast-iron, completely guaranteed that on the footballing side the SPL will not even begin to consider a league without Rangers. They've admitted as much already.

The other clubs should resign from the spl , in that case.

I don't know the total ins and outs of the voting etc , but , I would be very unhappy if a team like mine , who had to sell Love St to sort ourselves out financially , voted to allow a "new" rangers back in , with no penalty.

A new co rangers will still be liable for the £75m tax bill.. It's not that easy to just dump £75m of debt. Not too the tax man anyway

Administration means the club is still liable for everything they owe as it stands, it all depends on the deal the administrator can do with the HMRC. If they can't come to an agreement, then the club could be heading for insolvency - all assets including Ibrox and Murray Park sold to the highest bidder.

A new co rangers will still be liable for the £75m tax bill.. It's not that easy to just dump £75m of debt. Not too the tax man anyway

I hope you're right, otherwise the creation of the new debt free company should be blocked by the government. How many hospitals, schools etc could £75 million pay for?

I'm sure they will.. If they're still operating as a football club,at ibrox and with whyte still in charge.

You said it yourself, though. They'd be a new company.

Surely there is some legal recourse though Nizzy? Surely you can't just walk away from a liability that big - bigger than all the assets owned by the club. If it was possible then companies everywhere would operate in the exact same manner and just walk away from their debts.

Pre-pack administrations occur regularly. I'm not saying this is a definite, rather it appears to be a course of action. Why do you think Whyte was so keen to appoint his own man?

Edited by Nizzy

While people are right to be cynical, they surely make a massive error in crediting Craig Whyte as the Machiavellian genius of our time. I suspect he has a plan, but like his last one, it will collapse like a pack of cards. HMRC held other clubs over the barrel, and those clubs didn't owe them up to £75million. That means there is no chance of a CVA without HMRC's blessing. Whatever lessons need to be learned from previous examples, HMRC will have done so.

Today we are a step closer to the world's largest jelly and ice cream street party. Hopefully Thatcher joins them 6 feet under to make the occasion truly unique.

Pleasing.

WRONG

WRONGWRONGWRONGWRONGWRONGWRONG

YOUR WRONG

YOUR WRONG

YOUR WRONG

IDIOT

Pre-pack administrations occur regularly. I'm not saying this is a definite, rather it appears to be a course of action. Why do you think Whyte was so keen to appoint his own man?

If whytes still in charge HMRC still pursue it. New co rangers or not

Link...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/nimmanual/nim12204.htm

Unfortunately, that's exactly what happens every day in this country. There are more grey areas in Company Law than a tramps underpants.

Mr Whyte (or rather his advisors) have bowled the HMRC the preverbial googly.

If Rangers get away with this debt all clubs outwith the old firm should join the sfl, start a new league with a proper voting system and stick two fingers up to the old firm. i.e. 10spl clubs plus 6 from the top of the current 1st division then pyramid the rest of the leagues. not exactly the most thought out plan i know but this has me raging.

Rangers have basically shafted every tax payer in this country to the tune of 75million. absolute b*****ds.

A New Co Rangers can't simply have assets transfered to them by Rangers. The assets (i.e. Ibrox etc) can only be bought. As has happened in real business many times, these assets can be bought at reduced values due to their lack of appeal for anyone else to buy. (Many industries conduct this through auctions).

Therefore, a New Co Rangers could theoretically only dodge the tax bill entirely and still waltz into the league, by having zero assets. They would then have to try to buy back, or rent Ibrox (which would have been retained as an asset of the company about to be wound up, with the intention of selling on to assist in payment of creditors).

I think the big thing with this is the HMRC will not be in a rush to get this done. Most creditors want to get through the process as quickly as possible to try and recoup some money in order to stay afloat - the HMRC does not need to act like this.

Whoever the administrator is, they have to act in the best interests of the creditors (not the club). If they don't, then their position will be challenged and a court will appoint their own.

I would love it if Rangers were to cease to exist after all of this.

If they do wrangle a way out of it and become a FC Rangers 1690 or whatever in the SPL next season, though, the fact they will have to surrender every single piece of silverware ever won (and not only that, but their limited success in Europe would never, ever be repeated in today's footballing climate) would be pleasing in ways I couldn't even describe.

You'd still get some thick bigots who try to merge together any future trophies with the previous count, right enough.