Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've got this horrible feeling that the c***s are going to weasel out of this mad.gif

Of course they are. The only thing now standing in their way will be the SPL / SFL. They will tootle along until the end of the season in admin then liquidate and form a new company. The liquidation will create a vacancy in the SPL. The only parties now that can stop Whyte's grand plan are the SPL / SFL. The newly formed club will apply to fill the vacancy in the SPL created by the demise of RFC and it will be up to them to accept or decline their bid. If the SPL accept them then that's it. If they say "on your bike - no relegation or 2 up this season" then the newly formed company will need to apply for membership of the SFL .

I think we can all see how this is going to pan out now.

In any event, it's not exactly good news for them, and 14 points clear. :)

I hardly think those behind this are interested in the slightest about this seasons title, they've got enough of them to polish as it is.

Some people actually can work to a long term plan.

Always had a reasonable idea of where I thought it was going. I just wonder how much Whyte already has in place. A fair bit I would have thought presumably with the intention of being out of admin before end of March. Otherwise why do it now rather than later

Correctomundo !!

Write off this season -" Here you are Cellik, have the SPL Trophy with our compliments" wink.gif

Re-organise under a new name. "Sons of William FC"

Apply for SPL License (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) on the grounds that you have a lovely ground in Govan and e ready made Fan Base to challenge the other Big Club..

...and off we go !!!!!

ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Who ARE the mugs here ?????????

Time to play Duff & Phelps administrator bingo... Chalk them off one x one...

'Difficult time'

'working towards a satisfactory outcome'

'stability'

'long term future'

'fresh start'

'debt free'

'our work here is done'

'God save the Queen'

'We are the People'

'It was only a dream'

The rats are already starting to desert a sinking ship, hilarious post on RM.

"I don't know the ins and outs of all this administration stuff, is it a good move long term? Does whyte have our best interests at heart....I just don't know.>All I am is a supporter of the greatest club in the world and after the blood sweat and tears of the past 3 years to win that title, it kills me we are just giving it to them. Ally must be absolutely gutted!With no cup football we've really nothing to play for this season. I now have a big decision re my season ticket for next year.. I've had it for 18 years in a row but until such times as I know where we are going under whyte I'm really not in a financial position to renew it to watch us challenge for 2nd place. "

I guess this will be commonplace for your average gloryhunter who has no desire to go for footballing reasons, they want to see a team win and wont put in money. If there are many more like this guy, it will accelerate the death of them. wink.gif

Edited by MarreZ

Correctomundo !!

Write off this season -" Here you are Cellik, have the SPL Trophy with our compliments" wink.gif

Re-organise under a new name. "Sons of William FC"

Apply for SPL License (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) on the grounds that you have a lovely ground in Govan and e ready made Fan Base to challenge the other Big Club..

...and off we go !!!!!

ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Who ARE the mugs here ?????????

You, me and all the other diddies, unless we're wrong.

Im worried. Rangers are going to come out of this much, much easier than they deserve to.

This. The fact that they have moved into Adminstration so quickly on their own terms, has me thinking that long term, they will have got away with murder.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Time to play Duff & Phelps administrator bingo... Chalk them off one x one...

'Difficult time'

'working towards a satisfactory outcome'

'stability'

'long term future'

'fresh start'

'debt free'

'our work here is done'

'God save the Queen'

'We are the People'

'It was only a dream'

Greenie on its way once I declare an Administrator and reform as GGGGreenockRover and get more dots ! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Of course they are. The only thing now standing in their way will be the SPL / SFL. They will tootle along until the end of the season in admin then liquidate and form a new company. The liquidation will create a vacancy in the SPL. The only parties now that can stop Whyte's grand plan are the SPL / SFL. The newly formed club will apply to fill the vacancy in the SPL created by the demise of RFC and it will be up to them to accept or decline their bid. If the SPL accept them then that's it. If they say "on your bike - no relegation or 2 up this season" then the newly formed company will need to apply for membership of the SFL .

I think we can all see how this is going to pan out now.

Aye, we can see it clearly... Good luck in Div 3 Spartans, you deserve it.

Sorry? Have I got it wrong!?

I don't think there's any doubt TBH.

No don't think there is. SFA membership being refused for any new company was my only hope. But this is the relevant rule on transferring membership

PROHIBITION ON TRANSFER OF MEMBERSHIP

16. It is not permissible for a member to transfer directly or indirectly its membership

of the Association to another member or to any other entity and any such transfer

or attempt to effect such a transfer is prohibited save as otherwise provided in

this Article 16. Any member desirous of transferring its membership to another

entity within its own administrative group for the purpose of internal solvent

reconstruction must apply to the Board for permission to effect such transfer, such

consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed. Any other application for

transfer of membership will be reviewed by the Board which will have complete

discretion to reject or to grant such application on such terms and conditions as

the Board may think fit.

So they have complete discretion

The SPL's hands are kind of tied because of the way the media contracts are written and the general indebtedness of the league. Clubs can't afford to lose the money that is in the TV deal especially clubs like United, Killie and Aberdeen who are all on strict budgets and paying off debts. Hearts are financially tricky as well. Dunfermline are millions in debt, admittedly to their owner but shutting stands shows their predicament. St. Johnstone, St. Mirren, Motherwell and ICT have little or affordable debts but their balance sheets would take a whack which isn't good when they sit on the knife edge of break-even. That leaves Celtic and Hibs on sound financial footings. Hibs have some debt but their problems are mostly on field. Celtic posted a £7M downturn yesterday, a mild profit but looking towards a loss at the end of year results.

So when it comes down to it which chairman is going to stand up and risk his own club to get one over Rangers?

If you answered MadVlad award yourself a point.

An agreement will be reached to allow Rangers to stay in the SPL, points penalties and European bans are negotiable.

HMRC Lawyer David Thomson left court without saying a word.....

'Sorry' would have been appropriate methinks...blink.gif

Slightly ironic that the HMRC fine people that they deem so incompetent that they can't fill in their tax returns properly or on time.

Looks like their incompetence might have cost the tax payer £60-£70 million.

How much should we fine the HMRC? <_<

Edited by FTOF

Mike Edwards from STV News is suggesting on Twitter that the HMRC administration move does not have anything to do with the "big" tax case potential judgement... So does that mean that that debt will be heaped on top should Rangers lose?

Yes. The only way they are not getting the tax bill would be:

1) They win the case - :lol:

2) They negotiate a deal - :lol:

3) They don't exist.

If Rangers go bust there is absolutely no way they should be allowed to resume service under a new moniker in 2012/13. At the very least any new club should be forced to start afresh at the bottom of the 3rd division. Scottish football being so corrupt will probably do everything they can and rewrite every rule to save them from that and if that happens the rest of the league should stick up 2 fingers and tell them to bolt. <_<

No club is above the rules.