Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The fit and proper person aspect has never been tested before. It is the only possible way the SFA could issue some sort of punishment and in this case it would be against Craig Whyte and not Rangers. Can the SFA force him to sell his controlling stake or can they just force him to resign as Chairman/Director/Officer roles? And at that point failure to comply would probably mean lapsing membership which would leave Whyte up shit creak, so the SFA might still have routes of attack.

The interesting point here is that in order to make the application then HMRC must ALREADY be owed a significant amount of money which is long overdue. They cannot apply to appoint an administrator on the basis of a likely outcome of a future tax case. Rangers must already be well behind with PAYE payments. Perhaps this was already commonly known but I wasn't conscious of it.

Spot on. Just mentioned on BBC that this is new debt to HMRC since Whyte took over.

One of my Rangers pal's trying to tell me that they could exit Administration in 24 hours. Please tell me that he is deluded and talking absolute horse turd?

They can't exit it unless they can pay their creditors in full or get a CVA. The latter would require at least a month (and the Revenue wouldn't agree to it).

They clearly can't pay their creditors or we wouldn't be heading down this road so, yes, he's talking horse turd.

** Unless of course someone donates them enough money to meet their ongoing liabilities and take them through to the tax case result but if that's a foregone conclusion there would be no point.

The interesting point here is that in order to make the application then HMRC must ALREADY be owed a significant amount of money which is long overdue. They cannot apply to appoint an administrator on the basis of a likely outcome of a future tax case. Rangers must already be well behind with PAYE payments. Perhaps this was already commonly known but I wasn't conscious of it.

Would need to see the wording on the petition to be 100% on that Skyline. If HMRC are confident that these owings are due then a petition can be lodged. It would be down to the Judge reading the petition to accept or throw it out. Being a government related organisation HMRC's petition would, as they say 'have merit in consideration'.

Actually a bit surprised that RFC have been given the GREEN (rolleyes.gif) light to go ahead with their appointment in all honesty...blink.gif

They can't exit it unless they can pay their creditors in full or get a CVA. The latter would require at least a month (and the Revenue wouldn't agree to it).

They clearly can't pay their creditors or we wouldn't be heading down this road so, yes, he's talking horse turd.

** Unless of course someone donates them enough money to meet their ongoing liabilities and take them through to the tax case result but if that's a foregone conclusion there would be no point.

Thank you. Just had the pleasure of passing that onto him, Rangers fans are a bunch of delusional imbeciles.

One of my Rangers pal's trying to tell me that they could exit Administration in 24 hours. Please tell me that he is deluded and talking absolute horse turd?

sure I heard end of March being mentioned on BBC news. I thought that was optimistic, but 24 hrs!!!!!!!!!

Would that apply to a pre-pack administration, though?

I think a pre-pack arrangement can happen immediately. A ‘pre-pack’ (pre-packaged sale) refers to an arrangement under which the sale of all or part of a company’s business or assets is negotiated with a purchaser prior to the appointment of an administrator. The sale will usually be effected by the administrator shortly after his/her appointment..

Spot on. Just mentioned on BBC that this is new debt to HMRC since Whyte took over.

The Record story about the season tickets mentioned that they owed the best part of £5 million tax on those dealings.

Thats on top of the £49 million etc etc etc

Main things I learned from my wasting company time at the CoS - being in journalism is boring as f**k, numpty **** from Edinburgh think that "Sellick will never survive wiout Rainjurz" and the woman from STV can twitter quicker than I can take in information.