Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

3 hours ago, The DA said:

I'd like to say how grateful and honoured I am and how much this award owes to the great Rangers (IL) family.

BTW you missed an apostrophe.  T_K won't be happy.

Simply creative use of language.  English is constantly evolving...

I wouldn't recommend investing in any of Alastair Johnston's business ventures.  He lacks a little in the logic department.

"You were hearing all the words like the Rangers have disappeared, they have died, it was a new club and all the stuff which self-interested people tried to maintain.

"I always wondered about the mentality of certain Celtic supporters, not by any means most of them, who basically said our club died in February, 2012.

"You know what? If that was the end of Rangers and Celtic and if that was the end of the big game that started in 1888 (the first Old Firm meeting) all the way to 2012 - we won that game.

"The way you determine it by the number of times (54) we won the top division.

"We were ahead in February, 2012 and in head-to-head victories, we were ahead of Celtic in 2012.

"So if you wanted to say the old Rangers of 1872 died - we beat you 2-0 and when the game started again in 2012, it will be 120 years or so before you can tie with us.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alastair-johnston-launches-attack-celtic-21201180

36KmmiE.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2020 at 22:04, RawB93 said:

Forgive me as I've not been awake long and may be completely misreading, but why is it funny that the money they are due out has been reduced? 

I presume he is wildly extrapolating this 'news' to suggest that eventually HMRC will decide that there is NO tax bill and therefore Rangers will have died for nothing. Now that would be funny. 

Craig Whyte's book out this week.

From the foreword, albeit you could argue he's incapable of telling the truth ---

Jim Traynor used to send me his articles through before he’d print them, and I’d correct them for him. In the pre-internet days, Murray must have had complete control. Some journalists were happy to have a good relationship with Rangers if that meant getting stories, even if as a result it became difficult to criticise the club. Traynor had got  in touch about a month after I went into Ibrox. We went for lunch at the Rogano restaurant and from that day he hounded me for a job.I was never that impressed with him. I would soon discover he could fly with the wind. I had dinners with all the editors and learned very quickly that if there was a negative story I could call some of them up and have a pretty good chance of getting it stopped. With the Daily Record I had a 100% chance, and it was the same with The Sun. I used to call the editor of The Herald. I had a 50-50 chance of getting things stopped there. If it didn’t get stopped, you threatened them with withdrawal of access, that they wouldn’t get stories.

Reading Whyte's book. Not that much in it that people following at the time probably didn't already know. The stuff about the court case is interesting. The first maybe quarter of the book is fluff.

Very much written from the angle that nothing was his fault and he was duped but on the other hand a fair chunk of what he says stands up to scrutiny. The zombies will hate it cos there's quite a few home truths in there. Definitely worth the fiver it cost on Kindle, an easy read for a few hours.

Reading Whyte's book. Not that much in it that people following at the time probably didn't already know. The stuff about the court case is interesting. The first maybe quarter of the book is fluff.
Very much written from the angle that nothing was his fault and he was duped but on the other hand a fair chunk of what he says stands up to scrutiny. The zombies will hate it cos there's quite a few home truths in there. Definitely worth the fiver it cost on Kindle, an easy read for a few hours.

You’re basically reading a long, drawn out daily record article.

It’ll be an absolute load of shite with a grain of truth hidden in it somewhere.