Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The stadium probably has a lower market value than the wasteground beside it if Rangers were to fold.

Aye - under the Rehailitation of Contaminated Land Act, it's a very costly and difficult process to clean-up and relaim toxic locations such as Ibroke for alternate uses :D

Edited by Claymores

Duff and Phelps' handling of this case has been marked by incompetence and naivety

To quote Spinal Tap - "There's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

Agree with your analysis - they haven't covered themselves in glory, and I suppose the reason will come out in the wash at some point - were they working to a different agenda from the start, did they just "go native", are they just hopelessly out of their depth?

Whatever the reason, their credibility with all parties is lower than a rattlesnake's undercarriage. You would expect their public statements to be dispassionate, reasoned, logical and factual - but instead it's been spin, nonsense, smoke and mirrors, and sub-Del Boy attempts at market trading.

Personally, I reckon they've gambled and lost. They obviously decided early on that their strategy would be to keep the club going at all costs, and that value to creditors would be maximised by trying to sell the good bits as a going concern (or at least some sort of living entity) before the end of the season. With the benefit of hindsight, I'd imagine they wish they'd held a Fire Sale on Feb 15th.

To be fair to D&P, they were faced with a hugely complex task in dealing with years and years worth of toxic shit. They've tried their best to deal with it by letting out the Administration version of a sneaky little fart, but instead they've shat their pants in a spectacularly public manner, and it's difficult to retain your dignity and credibility in those circumstances.

This latest little bit has been fun and all, but I'm ready for this to end now. I hope they pull the plug on Monday. Watching the bigots squirm while in denial is getting a little tedious now, I want to see them grieve.

Rangers players demand urgent talks with Haudit & Daudit.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23853179/

tick tock, tick tock

Slightly off topic, but that's an absolute disgrace of an article, despite the glorious point and laugh material it provides. "Senior players are believed", "a source close to the squad", "it is understood", "it is estimated". Irrespective of the story, nothing that weak should ever be printed in a national newspaper.

They are Rangers, they face grave dangers,

They don't want Yanks or foreign strangers,

They want them walking away...

Anyone got a Bontempi organ, some soft toys and a Rangers scarf?

This latest little bit has been fun and all, but I'm ready for this to end now. I hope they pull the plug on Monday. Watching the bigots squirm while in denial is getting a little tedious now, I want to see them grieve.

Don't forget, for every post on this thread another gloryhunter cries themself to sleep at night. This one's for Dave in Kilbirnie.

Blaming 'ra peepul' is a red herring, apparently.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23852964/

It wasn't Bill Miller who appointed himself as the 'preferred bidder'.huh.gif

That move by Duff and Duffer was one of the strangest decisions of this whole debacle.

Every decision they have made since 14th February has resulted in tears, from the decision not to cut staff, the negotiated player agreements, ignoring Whyte's rights, issuing deadlines and conditions which were continually reneged on, preferring the club over the creditors. Issuing statements which were more to do with appeasing the supporters than dealing with the job in hand.

At least the administration and subsequent liquidation will become a business school case study on how to continually get it wrong.

Don't forget, for every post on this thread another gloryhunter cries themself to sleep at night. This one's for Dave in Kilbirnie.

In that case, this one goes out to Mike on Barra. Up ye. 8)

Couldn't believe what I heard this morning on Radio Scotland from Jim Traynor. Apparently us fans of the diddy teams won't buy season tickets until we are sure that Rangers are definitely NOT going to be in the SPL.

That's what he should have said.

Couldn't believe what I heard this morning on Radio Scotland from Jim Traynor. Apparently us fans of the diddy teams won't buy season tickets until we are sure that Rangers are definitely going to be in the SPL.

...and Traynor has been saying since day one that liquidation would be the only conclusion (Source, Jimbo Traynor BBC Radio Scotland 9th May 2012)

this will soon be capped by Chic saying " I have been saying since day one that liquidation would be the only conclusion. You heard it here first".

Not a big fan of Jim Spence but....http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jimspence/2012/02/murray_must_shoulder_blame_for.html was pretty good for 14th Feb.

In that case, this one goes out to Mike on Barra. Up ye. 8)

I know one Rangers supporting Barra man and he's not called Mike, surely there can't be any more?