Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I can exclusively reveal that the new, prefered bidder is a Scottish footballing consortium led by those well-known, cutting-edge, thrusting, dynamic entrepreneurs, John Lambie and Chic Charnley.

1)The new look, slimmed down thrusting and dynamic Rangers to be renamed Partick Thistle and play all their home games at Firhill, (to be renamed the Maryhillodome).

2)Ibrox to be kept as the headquarters of the new feeder team, the Moon and Star Rovers (known to their fans as the Sons of Islam).

3)Ibrox will also be renamed: it will immediately be known as the Cardinal Brady Stadium of Denial.

So there you are - that should keep everybody happy.

I hate having to sleep or work etc. You miss 20+ pages if you disappear for a while, and have to just dive straight back in. Sometimes you can miss some brilliant wee gems too, that are lost in amongst the rest of the debate.

Edit: Anyway, as far as I see it nothing has changed over the last few weeks at all. Rangers still need a vast sum of money (up to £80m?) to save themselves as they will not get a CVA with HMRC's approval. So all these takeover bids are pointless unless they have serious cash.

Edited by Spain

Until Whyte is quoted as saying he'll sell for a £ i wont believe it.

Don't believe it. Lots of bluster about how these tough guys are going to 'deal with' Whyte.

Ticketus are now trying to rattle their swords, but why would Whyte give up on his shares and his preferred creditor status? These are the only 2 things now worth anything from the whole Rangers empire (in administration).

He might not get £30 million for it but as sure as hell it will be more than a pound.

Don't believe it. Lots of bluster about how these tough guys are going to 'deal with' Whyte.

Ticketus are now trying to rattle their swords, but why would Whyte give up on his shares and his preferred creditor status? These are the only 2 things now worth anything from the whole Rangers empire (in administration).

He might not get £30 million for it but as sure as hell it will be more than a pound.

There are quite a few things in life more important than just money!

Yes, its another ludicrous agrument to be making. Rangers themselves lose the income from whatever crowd no longer turns up fortnightly at Ibrox. The rest of Scottish football doesnt earn a penny from that directly. Gtaes stopped being split for league games in the 70s FFS.

St. Mirren would lose out on an away gate of around 1500 each time Rangers visited. Maybe once a season if the fixtures worked out like that. That's 1500 away fans minus a load of home fans that dont go to these games anymore and minus the massively increased policing bill. Its still a reasonable amount of money of course, but not an amount that would have Gilmour and co lying awake at night worrying. The TV contract is an unknown until anything actually happens, the drop in away crowd is entirely measurable. The folk wanting to play the doom scenario need to get their facts and figures right and their argument sound. At the moment its like Ed Balls telling us how to sort the economy that he helped to f**k over.

... and also, in regard to St Mirren losing 1500 visiting Rangers fans a few times a season, factor back in the visiting numbers of fans from the team replacing Rangers in the SPL. From our point of view, Falkirk would be good, from the Arabs and Fake Saints POV, it would suit them to have Dundee. In fact, from Dundee United's POV - Dundee being in the SPL instead of Rangers would be fcuking tremendous for them. Shame for us that Morton are pish - we'd get 7,000 easy for home games against them in a competitive top flight.

The loss of TV money is more of an imponderable - but while a deal may be reduced, for the life of me, I cannot see the TV companies walking away from Scottish football completely.

When i was transferred under TUPE it was made clear that if i didnt sign a contract with the new company i would hav to find a new job.

That's odd, under TUPE you don't have to sign a new contract, your terms and conditions follow you automatically.

For the benefit of Rangers-supporting simpletons, who don't comprehend why Scottish football won't actually die should they be flushed away like a greasy, sweetcorn-encrusted turd, this is how a typical boardroom conversation at a diddy club SHOULD play out:

Chairman: Afternoon gents, it seems that Rangers are fucked and the TV deal has been re-negotiated at a lower level

Panicky Director #1: OMFG We're DOOMED! What will we do without thousands of weegie knuckle dragging retards visiting our stadium twice a season????

Panicky Director #2: Shit we are truly fucked without them! Chick Young and Jim Traynor said so!

Chairman: I know, but in all honesty, they are fucking stupid. Jim Traynor in particular seems to have undergone some recent major head trauma. Chick Young is, well Chick Young.

Directors: but they said we'd be no better than the Irish or Welsh leagues if Rangers die?!!?

Chairman: If they knew anything at all about those leagues, they'd know that attendance wise the First, Second and Third Divisions already dwarf them attendance-wise

Directors: Well what do we do?

Chairman: We could always adjust our transfer budgets, wage outlay and other expenses accordingly?

Directors: So we can. Phew! For a moment there I thought we were magically tied to spending the exact same amount of money as we currently do every season with no ability whatsoever to adjust costs/budgets to account for any serious eventualities.

I posted this elsewhere but can neither remember where, or can be fucked looking for it.

Seriously though, why have none of these morons realised that other clubs will simply adjust spending to take account of no longer having two (in some cases only one) visit from Rangers a season and a TV deal which they hoover up most of anyway?

We just don't need these motherfuckers.

Quite.

It would be the making of Scottish football. Clubs would have to play cheap young players, which would be beneficial even in the relatively short term.

your summer holiday, for one. Where has the Mrs booked you to go, then?

Puerto Pollensa...was supposed to be Lake Bled in Slovenia but difficulty getting flights.

Anyway are we dead yet???

Seriously though, why have none of these morons realised that other clubs will simply adjust spending to take account of no longer having two (in some cases only one) visit from Rangers a season and a TV deal which they hoover up most of anyway?

I don't think the problem could, per se, be any inability to operate the football clubs without the income from 1/2 Rangers gates + current levels of TV money + associated incomes (naming rights etc.)... it could be an inability to make the transition in a short timeframe, plus in the case of more indebted clubs, keep meeting repayments.

(And they don't hoover-up most TV £££, tbh... they hoover-up some).

Edited by HibeeJibee

damn, Bled's lovely. Maybe in the future!

Maybe 2013-2014 season ticket money will finance that. I had asked Ric about Bled and he said the same thing...looks stunning

... and also, in regard to St Mirren losing 1500 visiting Rangers fans a few times a season, factor back in the visiting numbers of fans from the team replacing Rangers in the SPL. From our point of view, Falkirk would be good, from the Arabs and Fake Saints POV, it would suit them to have Dundee. In fact, from Dundee United's POV - Dundee being in the SPL instead of Rangers would be fcuking tremendous for them. Shame for us that Morton are pish - we'd get 7,000 easy for home games against them in a competitive top flight.

The loss of TV money is more of an imponderable - but while a deal may be reduced, for the life of me, I cannot see the TV companies walking away from Scottish football completely.

Shame for us too, but yeah, the Dundee United point is why I can't understand's Thompson's comments about losing Rangers. They will get a far bigger crowd at Tannadice for the first competitive Dundee derbies in years than they get for Rangers games. So, they will be making no loss in matchday revenue without Rangers in the league. As we have no idea what change there would be to the TV deal, he can't declare it to be a financial disaster for United if we have no Rangers.

I can exclusively reveal that the new, prefered bidder is a Scottish footballing consortium led by those well-known, cutting-edge, thrusting, dynamic entrepreneurs, John Lambie and Chic Charnley.

1)The new look, slimmed down thrusting and dynamic Rangers to be renamed Partick Thistle and play all their home games at Firhill, (to be renamed the Maryhillodome).

2)Ibrox to be kept as the headquarters of the new feeder team, the Moon and Star Rovers (known to their fans as the Sons of Islam).

3)Ibrox will also be renamed: it will immediately be known as the Cardinal Brady Stadium of Denial.

So there you are - that should keep everybody happy.

I really, really, reeeaaaalllllyyyyy dont want to have anything whatsoever to do with them. dry.gif

I've now staked £10 on Rangers not being in the SPL next year in any capacity.

So you better fucking die mad.gif

I thought Bill Miller was their last chance.

It wouldn't bother St. Mirren that much anyway, we survived fine in the first and this will be kind of a halfway house.

Edited by Supras