Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The SFA have played a blinder. Give it the old Duff & Phelps delay tactics. Get the press putting the story on the back burner for a few days.

Suddenly, BOOM. Get it right up them, one way express ticket to shitesville.

Edited by Paris Hilltoon

It's about 50 regular illiterate buffoons that post on there. I wouldn't get too excited.

I know, but there seem to be some pretty determined scumbags kicking about. Not excited, genuinely worried for Hibs and Hearts.

Think someone tweeted earlier that they are still allowed to extend contracts. You know, like the ones that they gave to McGregor, Whittaker et al that they couldn't afford in the first place.:lol:

Aye, the SFA's summary of the decision says Rangers have 40 professional players and are entitled to extend their contracts ... but what if Rangers liquidate and are replaced in the SPL by Newco Rangers? Free to crack open the war chest?

Will the SFL allow AFC Rangers of Glasgow to play 36 home games next season? Can't see Annan, Elgin et al being able to 'host' rapeepul.

The two contracts report, should it ever surface, should see Rangers not being about in any way, shape or form for the foreseeable future.....wonder how far the Beeb will go next week too, maybe they'll flush out some "deep throats"

Edited by LordHawHaw

Well that was unexpected. Not the result, but the fact that they did come out with this tonight all of a sudden. I only thought to have a cheeky check of twitter before bed, and found out. Fan-bloody-tastic. I can have a good nights rest now. 8)

So, in theory, on Monday we will know what happens next.... Going by this farce so far that seems unlikely. Eventually ?!?! Rangers will either go via newco to the 3rd or stay in the SPL thanks to chairmen voting against the wishes of their own fans. No-one will be fooled by any sanctions imposed as ( sadly ) they will still finish 2nd in the SPL for the foreseeable OR they will rapidly emerge back in the SPL with a tweaked name and no debt. What will have changed ?

I sense an anti - climax.

This is the best and perhaps last chance for some real change in Scottish football, leagues and national team.

My latest cider induced thought is to introduce a handicap system as in golf and horse racing. Both been successful for the odd century or two.

Why not have any team who chooses to spend money on new signings deducted 1 point per £ 500,000 spent. So, in the summer or in January, if you drop £3million on new signings you are deducted 6 points etc.

Hopefully no - one would respond with... what the f**k, we may as well concentrate on bringing on some of our young players.

If you take this arguement in reverse ( I`m confusing myself now ) Imagine someone suggesting doing away with the handicap system that is in place at the moment for say the Grand National. That would mean suggesting that we just let the biggest, most powerful horses run away with it while everyone else trails in miles behind happy to take the tv money. Sound familiar ?