Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

With the information now likely to be available to other journalists and other sources SPL/SFA we'll really need to get cracking on posts so we can get to page 1689 and then all agree who gets the honour of posting the last post in this thread and the only one on the following page before its closed and gift wrapped for ever.biggrin.gif

Peter Baxendale-Thomas was the character's name in an episode of "I'm Alan Partridge".

Not to mention the "Saxondale" character based on Jeremy Clarkson.

Wonder if Steve Coogan or Armando Iannucci got that name from the Baxendale fella we heard from tonight?

You feed beefburgers to swans. Fact.

the quotes

"... in the interests of ronald as it enables him to recieve funds tax free"

"i can confirm that we will not pay these amounts unless they are made through the use of the remuneration trust"

and when papac's agent asked if there was a trust

"yes"

this could indicate that the letters are definitive proof of side contracts. for that to be the case you would have to believe that daly chose to leave out more incriminating quotes from the documents.

not in any way a smoking gun imo.

Edited by T_S_A_R

So who will get to chose D&Ps successor? The Taxman?

HMRC I'd imagine. And I don't think they'll pick someone who'll be so sparing with the playing staff in making cut-backs. Not that you're team will be wanting to stay in the summer, given that they'll all be using those clauses they took with the paycuts to run to the hills!

the quotes

"i can confirm that we will not pay these amounts unless they are made through the use of the remuneration trust"

"yes"

this could indicate that the letters are definitive proof of side contracts. for that to be the case you would have to believe that daly chose to leave out more incriminating quotes from the documents.

It doesn't need to be. The source of the information was from inside HMRC. They'll have plenty more where that came from :)

Come on...even now most would still try it with Lumley, well played Minty,well played indeed.

Definitely but I would need some dutch courage, a few stiff ones, not quite as legless as SDM but still.

Hells gonna be awful crowded isnty it?

the quotes

"yes"

Yeah, non-discretionary payments made through a trust, liable for income tax, on which no income tax was paid - all a load of fuss over nothing.

Edited by Swampy

the quotes

"yes"

Typical....try thinking it's Celtic rather than Rangers and see if it magically changes from being completely above board :D