Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If Rangers somehow wriggle out of this and just allowed to swan back into the SPL, what percentage of fans will just walk away. Or will it just be a token protest with most returning witin a month or two.

Surveys show 50-60%.

I know I won't be back if that is the case.

That's almost four months these b*****ds have been in administration.

Just out of interest, does anyone know off the top of their heads how long Motherwell and Dundee (both times) were in administration?

While we are at it, whats the "record" for the length of time a club has been in administration?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)#Scottish_clubs_that_have_entered_administration

Morton... 8 months

Clydebank... 19 months

Motherwell... 24 months

Dundee (1)... 9 months

Livingston (1)... 15 months

Gretna... 5 months, liquidated

Livingston (2)... 1 month (is that a mistake?)

Airdrieonians were season 1999-00 to May 2002 = 24+ months, liquidated

Clachnacuddin (2?) was October 2009 to April 2011 = 18 months

Was Motherwell not two years? As weird as it's been since Feb, this amount of time is nothing really.

But it is the lack of visible action in addressing the financial situation and reducing expenditure in these first months that is extrordinary. The period to issuing a CVA is for restructuring to continue in some form - not to carry on regardless and blame every other person on the planet and demand special treatment

They dont seem to have done much lately. Which is fine, if they act eventually. The latest revelation is more to do with the SPL making it clear that the lack of an SFA license is not a barrier to entry

Which is in itself fair enough.

Most SPL clubs don't have the Gold license intended for top-tier level, and several SFL clubs don't have any license (not even the Bronze intended for national league level).

They remain - for the moment - 'guidelines', or at least not mandatory rules in the strictest sense, league-wise.

im coming to view that spl, sfa, and iikes of doncaster are actually being quite smart ( well as smart as they are capable of ) i think they know full well that rfc is in a vegetative coma and that they leccy meter is running out. they dont wanna flick the switch( and lets be fair about it we are all guilty of talking tough here but in the real world would any of us want the rfc thugs trailing after us and our families for revenge?/) the more they wait, the more that it will seem like 'natural causes' and they can even claim they did their best to help rfc but they were too far gone. there is no obvious escape route for them unless bill gates suffers a head trauma and decides he wants to buy them. if i were the janitor and ibrox id be trying to find out how much copper wire there is throughout the building.

duff n phelps are another dead company walking....a company like theres is supposed to be fully conversant with the law yet they constantly hire legal teams for utterly spurious and expensive wild goose chases.

Rangers* v SFA continues tomorrow (nothing today)

SPL grants Rangers* an extension until 15th June to provide documentation so they can remain in the SPL :o

D&P CVA proposal should have been released today (still waiting)

I'm sure there's more!

The H&D saying in the DR that the proposal will be put forward "either later today or tomorrow." dry.gif

I actually think that this sort of extension probably would be granted to any team which was having financial difficulties. The problem would be if they continued to extend that deadline beyond that date, or if they accepted a blank set of accounts from a newco club.

I agree.

I doubt the information is publically available... and perhaps the rule wasn't in place then... but it wouldn't surprise me if previous sides which went into admin were able to delay their submission.

duff n phelps are another dead company walking....a company like theres is supposed to be fully conversant with the law yet they constantly hire legal teams for utterly spurious and expensive wild goose chases.

Duff & Phelps are a well-established international firm.

I doubt this particular administration will broadly affect them, frankly.

And if they really are in this to 'help' Whyte, then I'm sure that'll endear them to many other Whyte's out there.

just listened to the 11 year old boy reporting on ssn...75% of creditors must agree to the cva...and the pot of £8.5 million (which no one has verified really exsists ) is for creditors and ADMININSTRATORS FEES. how much would that leave creditors??? would it even be 1 p in pound ffs ??:lol: the wee laddy also confirmed that spl have allowed a period of grace for rfc to provide documentation required for next years participation (aye find a proper accountant will to sign off on those lol ) but if they dont provide said documents it will be up tp the spl board if they want to apply sanctions.

The H&D saying in the DR that the proposal will be put forward "either later today or tomorrow." dry.gif

Then it'll be the day after, Green will be down at Govan Asda buying loads of Euromillions tickets and crossing his fingers and toes, he doesn't have the money, no one has seen the colour of it yet and they're highly unlikely to imo.

They dont seem to have done much lately. Which is fine, if they act eventually. The latest revelation is more to do with the SPL making it clear that the lack of an SFA license is not a barrier to entry

They have said a lack of SFA one isn't, but cast your mind back a couple of months and there was plenty of talk that they would need a UEFA one which they would not get.

Not totally true. Every time a parcel of land has opened up round here recently it's been built on. Although maybe that's only happening in salubrious Central Govan and not scummy outskirts like Ibrox :)

Well played sir!

This couldn't possibly happen to "The Rangers"

Thanks to Alan100 on wearethistle forum

Very surprised at this considering Barclays love to brag about their football links with communities, and of course their backing for Ely Rangers.

Welsh football's had too many basket cases over the last few years, Barry Town, Ebbw Vale, Rhayader Town, Dinas Powys and Briton Ferry Athletic all springing to mind - as well of course Merthyr Tydfil and Wrexham in the English. Bala Town has shown that it is possible to be successful at that level without spending money you don't have.

This couldn't possibly happen to "The Rangers"

The Eagles had been able to fend-off a winding up order in March from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs

Hmmmm.

warning.gif

OH DEAR. IT HAD TO HAPPEN. THE NEXT FEW PAGES HAVE DEGENERATED INTO THE USUAL OLD FIRM RELIGIOUS TAT FOR TAT BIGOTFEST. AS WELL AS RUINING THE THREAD IT HIGHLIGHTS WHY BOTH ARE EQUALLY HATED. BEST TO JUMP TO ABOUT PAGE 1316 TO AVOID THE CAR CRASH.

FTOF.

Edited by 7-2