Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think it's more likely to be 2).

I don't give a toss how my club votes - if Rangers 2012 are in the league I won't renew, and if they aren't then I will.

I take a slightly different position. If I am convinced my club chairman voted against a newco I will renew my season ticket. But if there is any dubiety through lack of transparency or contradiction in claims then I will not renew. As a United fan the only thing I can hope for and lobby for is my club chairman to do the right thing.

Absolutely. By my count there are currently 5 opportunities for Rangers to be killed off/kicked out the SPL/suspended from football/kicked out altogether

1) SPL vote on the transfer of share

2) SFA vote on transfer of membership

3) SFA appellate tribunal punishment

4) SPL punishment for dual contracts

5) SFA punishment for dual contracts

Thats a hell of a lot of bullets for the newco to dodge, but who would bet against them doing so?!

One other bullet not directly mention on your list is sanctions as a result of UEFA intervention if the football debt issue is not settled.

You are not a supporter.

You are a glory hunter.

I tried to clarify that I dont class myself as a supporter due to the small amount of games I go to. I clearly said i was a fan,

. The whole willie waving contest of who is the most die hard fan is pathetic. You support your local team, well good for you , Im from lanarkshire and had a rangers supporting family rather than motherwell or accies. I havent been accused of being a glory hunter since i was in school, so that must be be your level of debate. You got any pubes yet baldy balls?

...like me, who go to the odd game if mate has a spare ticket...

:lol:

I will happily admit there are some proper scumbags who support rangers, some genuine failed abortions. A ned is a ned whether he wears a rangers or a celtic shell suit . There are scumbags who follow every club, and my club has more than its fair share. I cant help but speak ( type) in a patronising tone when I say its foolish to generalise and tar them all with the same brush. I work in an office in Glasgow and nearly every man is a rangers or celtic fan, and it may surprise you to learn theres no bigots here.

Does your manager know you are online when you should be working young man? What about the ladies in your office? Sexist as well I see..:unsure:

Stop being a fan of the club i have loved since i was 6

Can't love them that much if you are based in Glasgow and don't go to many games.:lol:

Edited by Addie

Anyone passed through Kilwinning in the last twenty-four hours?

Kilwinning Main St is festooned with Union Jacks which were hung up for the Jubilee celebrations & are remaining up until after the Ayrshire Orange Walk which is in Kilwinning this year

How dare Jim Traynor accuse those fans who want to see Rangers taken down a peg are two of dispaying "mock outrage"?

I don't support an SPL team and even I feel outraged. Obviously, apart from beating us a couple of times in Cup matches, they have never done us any direct harm. Indeed, we gained from the home games being televised.

BUT this has nothing to do with what they have done to my team. It has to do with what they have done to my sport. Football is and always has been my favourite sport, and I have felt pride (when Scotland beat France home and away, when my lowly team have beaten the likes of St Mirren or Motherwell in cup ties), disbelief (Levein's tactics against the Czech Republic, some of Dick Campbell's signings), sadness (Forfar being relegated, Scotland's inability to get through group stages or latterly even to qualify) but I have never felt the level of "outrage" that I feel now towards certain people within the sport.

I'm angry with Rangers for bringing the game into disrepute - for their arrogance, lack of humility and dignity, for their inability to accept the reason why supporters of clubs across the country hate them. They (and to a slightly lesser extent) Celtic have slowly bled the game of any semblance of competitiveness, fair play and equality of opportunity over the last 30 years. Rangers have operated outwith their means to "cheat" the rest of Scottish football out of ever having a chance of competing with them on an even playing field. I am not talking about my club here by the way. Despite the achievements of my team in the 80s, we are never likely to grace the SPL unless it is extended to 18 teams, and even then we'd occasionally flit around the bottom for a season or two before being relegated. I am talking about clubs like Dundee, Airdrie, Partick, Falkirk etc who have been forced to bankrupt themselves by playing by the rules while Rangers signed players on dual contracts or "stole" the cream of Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc and left them sitting around on the bench, destroying the career of some players and certainly harming my beloved Scotland team as promising players didn't get the opportunity to develop their game.

I am angry with gloryhunting Rangers fans - not those born or brought up in Ibrox like my brother in law or my best friend (I feel sorry for them). But the ignornat bigots who post on RM, the WATP brigade, the great unwashed who use their affiliation to a football team as a "justifiable" reason for looking down on the rest of us.

I am angry with the game's administartors for not getting their finger out and doing something about it. The SFA showed some teeth with their sanctions; it is now time for the SPL and the SFL to do the same and refuse Rangers entry to either of their leagues. In an ideal world, the SPL would fold and come back under the auspices of the SFL, but...

I am angry with the so-called journalists who have kept Rangers fans spirits up with stories of signing Black, Gatusso, Petrov while the club are not even in a postion to outbid us for a third-rate SPL player. I am angry that so-called reporters have actually become repeaters, only printing stuff that has been fed to them by Old Firm PR people. Traynor's job is to find out the truth and expose it to the nation, not just feed from the scraps sent to him by Ibrox and Celtic Park. The same goes for Keevins, Young, Guidi, etc. The only radio reporter I trust is Jim Spence.

I am angry with Green for further bringing the game into disrepute, for trying to blame everyone else because he was incapable of doing any homework or research on the plight of Rangers or on HMRC's likelihood of accepting a CVA. His incoherent, ill-informed rants are cringeworthy, and I can't believe that any businessman worth his salt would believe a word that anyone from Duff and Phelps has told him.

As I said, I don't even support an SPL club. I can't imagine the outrage some of you are feeling, but I'm sure none of it falls under the heading of "MOCK outrage".

You aint no loonatic, loonapick......top post!!!!

Edited by Sting777

I don't know what the definitive answer is in the Airdrie Utd/Clydebank history debate but the Sky Sports book, formerly the Rothmans, has Airdrie United's history starting in 2002 and no Clydebank honours carried over.

The SFL website lists them as founded 1965 and formerly Clydebank;

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/airdrie-united/

With Clydebank honours listed. SFL opinion about as definitive as you can get for an SFL member club

No chance. I am not paying the same money though to watch 3rd division football.

Hopefully Charles Green does walk away.

As a regular to lower league games and also someone who watches (suffers) Self Preservation League matches on the telly from time to time, I think you may be surprised by how narrow the gulf in quality actually is!

Your Govan Utd's rise through the divisions might not be as swift as you think, especially if you manage to make it up to the first which is probably the most competitive and difficult to rise from leagues around. Although by then all the SPL clubs you left behind will be so desperate for you back they'll vote to increase the number of promotion places I'm sure, not!

He does have a point though Addie.. its lazy and insulting to label EVERY fan of Rangers and Celtic a bigot etc.. there are a fair few cockends who go to CP to be fair.. but the vast majority are just guys who like to watch their team same as you

You support your local team, well good for you , Im from lanarkshire and had a rangers supporting family rather than motherwell or accies.

That's a terrible excuse, one of my best mates like has a family that are all absolute cunts, but he made a choice and turned out alright.

utter utter fucking shite pal. If you cant work out that amongst all the supporters and fans ( like me, who go to the odd game if mate has a spare ticket) that there are perfectly decent people who arent racist and bigots, then you deserve to spend the rest of your life wallowing in ignorance and letting your resentment towards rangers eat you up and fester away.

I will happily admit there are some proper scumbags who support rangers, some genuine failed abortions. A ned is a ned whether he wears a rangers or a celtic shell suit . There are scumbags who follow every club, and my club has more than its fair share. I cant help but speak ( type) in a patronising tone when I say its foolish to generalise and tar them all with the same brush. I work in an office in Glasgow and nearly every man is a rangers or celtic fan, and it may surprise you to learn theres no bigots here.

so please wise master, what must I do to stop silently condoning bigotry the next time I see an away game on tv when the fans sing the cry was no surrender? Stop being a fan of the club i have loved since i was 6

hypothetical question as who knows where the club is headed

Sorry if you are suffering from the same lack of self-awareness as so many "decent" rangers fans.

1. rangers (and their green business partners) rely on the "small minority" who infect our game. The club encourages them to indulge in their behaviour and NEVER addresses the root of the problem.

2. rangers had a stated policy for many years which discriminated against a sizeable minority of the Scottish population - although, if you wanna go all "global brand" on me, you'll find there's actually a hell of a lot of catholics out there. That policy lives on in the hearts and minds of the supporters and the club's custodians. If you're going to tell me this is not the case, then where are the official club statements condemning Dingwall and his FF hatesite? Some orcs want him to be on the board, FFS!

3. rangers and celtic continually refer to themselves as "institutions" rather than mere teams. Fans of both, and those of us who find both equally distasteful, are perfectly aware of what both these "institutions" stand for. If you want to affiliate yourself with one or the other, that's fine. Just please don't insult my intelligence by telling me it's all about football.

I tried to clarify that I dont class myself as a supporter due to the small amount of games I go to. I clearly said i was a fan,

. The whole willie waving contest of who is the most die hard fan is pathetic. You support your local team, well good for you , Im from lanarkshire and had a rangers supporting family rather than motherwell or accies. I havent been accused of being a glory hunter since i was in school, so that must be be your level of debate. You got any pubes yet baldy balls?

f**k off mate...

:lol:

Does your manager know you are online when you should be working young man? What about the ladies in your office? Sexist as well I see..:unsure:

Can't love them that much if you are based in Glasgow and don't go to many games.:lol:

He's an armchair fan. Part time supporter.

you know the one... sat there in the office or in the pub and called your team a diddy team, asked you who yer big team is. got right into the office debate when there was a game between the two of them. gloated like fck when rangers won a trophy... called the league cup a diddy cup... unless they won it.... and resorted to ch*** ab*** jibes at celtic fans if rangers lost a trophy to them.

a 90 minute bigot, cause that was ok.

basically he's as bad as every other fan of that team.

but at least they are gone, their history has gone, what ever becomes of them will be the least successful team in the world. and if they do decide to live within their means, they will never get anywhere near to the success they had.

Edited by dave.j

I concur with most of what you have said

We all revel in our rivals distresses, not more than me as a dons fan, similar to the sco/eng thing. When you have nothing remotely positive about you to shout about you become obsessed with the negativety around your rival. Up in the NE the AFC forums on rangers have broken record with the amount of intersest/threads- we are fully obsessed with the soap opera. Some are actually saying the don't even want a quick resolution because they wouldn't know what to do with themselves! thas 20 years of hurt- nothing positive on our own club!

Back to the whole sporting intergity thing and bigger picture:

look at the NFL with the principle behind the drafts- No team can get too successful- worst teams therefore get advantages for equity. Quote from the NFL in 1936: The integrity of competition is more important than any other interest........more successful and richer teams cannot continue to get stronger year by year....this will end up affecting the competition for ever ...........some teams if not assisted will go under if left to the market.

Spooky eh

All of us should hang up our parochial scarves and coloured spectacles and look at the bigger picture, before it’s all no longer important, Since the creation of the premier league 1998:

· rangers 7 titles 6 runners up

· celtic 7 titles 7 runners up

· Europe mostly didly squat ( apart from a couple or finals)

· Scotland – no qualification for tournaments

· Most clubs – huge debts

Is that a competition that is making Scottish football prosper

Bravo well said that man

but at least they are gone, their history has gone, what ever becomes of them will be the least successful team in the world. and if they do decide to live within their means, they will never get anywhere near to the success they had.

Hibs will have won more Scottish Cups than the Glasgow Rangers. Ouch.