Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Absolutely. By my count there are currently 5 opportunities for Rangers to be killed off/kicked out the SPL/suspended from football/kicked out altogether

1) SPL vote on the transfer of share

2) SFA vote on transfer of membership

3) SFA appellate tribunal punishment

4) SPL punishment for dual contracts

5) SFA punishment for dual contracts

Thats a hell of a lot of bullets for the newco to dodge, but who would bet against them doing so?!

Me Mr X - but then again already lost £400 in the UEFAs = not a wise man!

Edited by Claymores

He does have a point though Addie.. its lazy and insulting to label EVERY fan of Rangers and Celtic a bigot etc.. there are a fair few cockends who go to CP to be fair.. but the vast majority are just guys who like to watch their team same as you

Facts are fact McGhoo. Jimmy85 has confirmed this with his study on bigotry in Scottish Football.:P

Its the 'I come from Lanarkshire and Rangers is the club I love pish' when really, he was one of those kids that wouldn't have bothered with the club if they went through a similar period to the pre David Murray / Souness era.

The same can be said about Celtic fans in the early 90's.

Entitled to an opinion - of course - its a free country. Credable opinion? Nah - not at all.

So the way I understand it is this:

1. The Rangers Football Club (est. 1899) will be liquidated.

2. Prior to this liquidation, Charles Green will purchase the assets of The Rangers Football Club (Ibrox, Murray Park) for roughly £5.5m and move them into a new company (let's call it FC Govan 2012).

3. FC Govan 2012 will then face a vote as to whether they can have the SPL share of TRFC.

Is that broadly correct?

Yep.

EDIT: technically The Rangers FC Ltd plc was incorporated in 1899 obviously it existed prior to that as a members club in the way most non-leaguers still do. And stage 3 would need repeated at SFA.

Yep. Sometimes 8-4; sometimes 10-2; sometimes 11-1.

Yep.

This is just a guess, not based on any insider info, but it seems to me very likely that the SPL clubs will vote yes in a secret ballot.

I think that's how it works, so that can't liquidate too quickly, however, BDO might have a say in it.

Right, cheers for that. So that leads me to my next question:

BDO as liquidators have a legal responsibility to ensure maximal value for creditors through sale of assets (granted it's a couple of years since I've studied insolvency, but I think my memory's holding up fine). If that's the case, won't they be legally required to try and receive more for these assets than the £5.5m offered by Charles Green?

The land that both Ibrox and Murray Park sit on must be valued at more than that alone I'd have thought (assuming someone wants to buy them).

Surely Green isn't going to be allowed to acquire them for such a paltry sum?

He does have a point though Addie.. its lazy and insulting to label EVERY fan of Rangers and Celtic a bigot etc.. there are a fair few cockends who go to CP to be fair.. but the vast majority are just guys who like to watch their team same as you

Will you ever give up banging on - how hard can it be to look in the mirror? Your mob even trumpet the "more than a club" bollox every chance they get, like it's a good thing. (Almost)Every accusation of bigotry and hatred levelled at the blue trogs can easily be applied across the city, and you know it. It must be hard for you and the rest of the green gloryhunters just now, though,as the odds of a conjoined twin surviving the separation can be pretty low, apparently.....

I tried to clarify that I dont class myself as a supporter due to the small amount of games I go to. I clearly said i was a fan,

. The whole willie waving contest of who is the most die hard fan is pathetic. You support your local team, well good for you , Im from lanarkshire and had a rangers supporting family rather than motherwell or accies. I havent been accused of being a glory hunter since i was in school, so that must be be your level of debate. You got any pubes yet baldy balls?

im not a supporter im a fan

1eye.gif

utter utter fucking shite pal. If you cant work out that amongst all the supporters and fans ( like me, who go to the odd game if mate has a spare ticket) that there are perfectly decent people who arent racist and bigots, then you deserve to spend the rest of your life wallowing in ignorance and letting your resentment towards rangers eat you up and fester away.

I will happily admit there are some proper scumbags who support rangers, some genuine failed abortions. A ned is a ned whether he wears a rangers or a celtic shell suit . There are scumbags who follow every club, and my club has more than its fair share. I cant help but speak ( type) in a patronising tone when I say its foolish to generalise and tar them all with the same brush. I work in an office in Glasgow and nearly every man is a rangers or celtic fan, and it may surprise you to learn theres no bigots here.

so please wise master, what must I do to stop silently condoning bigotry the next time I see an away game on tv when the fans sing the cry was no surrender? Stop being a fan of the club i have loved since i was 6

hypothetical question as who knows where the club is headed

You are now going to have to stop supporting the club you have loved since you were six because they are on death row and scheduled for the electric chair tomorrow.

You and the decent former Rangers fans (if they are not just a myth) have an excellent opportunity here to start afresh. If you do love your club, as you say, you will know that it is the future of that club which matters, not the past you can move on and deny the past wrong doings of your club and it's fans by staking claim to the new club and kicking the horrendous element out. Bigots are totally hung up on ancient irrelevant history which needs to be forgotten. It's hard, I know, to watch your club die in front of your eyes but the pain eases given time. Like you and all the other former Rangers fans on here I tried to pretend that ICT were Caley, the chants of Caley still get a wee bit of adrenaline going to this day but like Rangers, Caley are gone. You will move on given time and enjoy your new club almost as much as you enjoyed Rangers, nostalgia will bring back all the memories so they will live on in your mind.

Absolutely. By my count there are currently 5 opportunities for Rangers to be killed off/kicked out the SPL/suspended from football/kicked out altogether

1) SPL vote on the transfer of share

2) SFA vote on transfer of membership

3) SFA appellate tribunal punishment

4) SPL punishment for dual contracts

5) SFA punishment for dual contracts

Thats a hell of a lot of bullets for the newco to dodge, but who would bet against them doing so?!

They haven't managed to dodge much yet. So far, they've fallen in a barrel of shite and smell very much of shite. At the outset, I thought they'd find a consortium with the brains to sort it out and see them debt-free and flicking the vicky to the world at large.... see the very first post of this thread. So far, so wrong. Just a seemingly never-ending bunch of charlatans and shysters ripping the arse out of it. Those charlatans and shysters have also managed to alienate those whom they needed to support them. Our own chairman went public with his views on the peepul' going to the civil courts.

Silly, silly buns. Anyone would think they were actually aiming to alienate everyone, be liquidated, totally fcuked, and make a bob out of the asset sale. Hmm.

Kilwinning Main St is festooned with Union Jacks which were hung up for the Jubilee celebrations & are remaining up until after the Ayrshire Orange Walk which is in Kilwinning this year

I'm devastated to have left.

I tried to clarify that I dont class myself as a supporter due to the small amount of games I go to. I clearly said i was a fan,

. The whole willie waving contest of who is the most die hard fan is pathetic. You support your local team, well good for you , Im from lanarkshire and had a rangers supporting family rather than motherwell or accies. I havent been accused of being a glory hunter since i was in school, so that must be be your level of debate. You got any pubes yet baldy balls?

Nah, they're falling out and grey now.

But 3 of my 4 weans do.

mtw this is an UBERFAN forum so off to the 3rd div forum for your pish.

Edited by DuntoiRab

Kilwinning Main St is festooned with Union Jacks which were hung up for the Jubilee celebrations & are remaining up until after the Ayrshire Orange Walk which is in Kilwinning this year

Was at Kilwinning station yesterday. I had a wee smirk at the Gaelic translation for Kilwinning it's Cill D'Fhinnein. I'm inclined to believe that's not Gaelic but in fact old scots for eliminate the Roman Catholic chaps.

Loonapik's post should be copied once on every page from now on, so that it is read by everyone, esp lurking jounalists, and not lost. I owe him a greeny.

I'm getting a bit fed up of all the extra topics getting started, but perhaps we should have a pinned thread at the top titled "Open letters to the Press". You could maybe even lock it and rely on a mod to add the best open letters like that one to it so that it doesn't get cluttered and the message lost.

We know fine well that there's plenty so called "journalists" that lurk on P&B, perhaps a noticeboard directed straight at them would help get the real fans' message accross.

Edited by Spain

I'm from Lanarkshire and had a Rangers supporting family. I just thought I was incredibly lucky to have a football team on my doorstep and that I should forget about a Glasgow side and support Hamilton Accies. You are allowed to go against the family, it's not Sicily!

Kilwinning is a shit pit.

As an East-coaster I'm dim aboots the Kilwinning jokes - kindly explain to the dim Fifer

EDIT - forget that I caught-up aboots the Oranjeboom comments and think you should try Methil where the hunnybags are rife and still no surrender WATP FTP

Edited by Claymores