Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Genuine question, as one of the other cheek, and a relatively sensible poster, would you like to see Rangers in the SPL next year? You may well have given your opinion already, so it could be somewhere back in the thread and I missed it, but Im interested! It seems to have split Celtic fans.

No thanks.

THE SKY DEAL

There is no way in hell :D that SKY will pull out the SPL completely like some have suggested.They may reduce the revenue stream by up to 40% perhaps but won't pull the plug completely.

If they did SKY know that many many households in Bonnie Scotland would just cancel their current sky sports deals and some may even cancel SKY all together and that is worth more than the puny little amount pot of pish they pay to televise our SPL.

They pull £110 million over 5 years then Scotland will make them lose that amount every year.

IT'S CALLED CONSUMER POWER.

So all this reek of pish SKY will pull out has to go ! they will renegotiate the deal and I hope the SPL will stick to their guns to keep the current deal.

Rangers had 2 sanctions (in bold)

10 point penalty - am SPL rule

1 year europe ban for entering administration - a UEFA rule

2 fines totaling £160k for bringing the game into disrepute to be paid within 12 months

12 month transfer embargo overturned

THE Rangers have 1 sanction (in bold)

scottish cup ban/registration suspension/registration termination(delete as appropriate)

no league to compete in ATM due to creating a new company - not a rule a consequence

3 year europe ban for being a new team - UEFA rule

possible 2nd sanction unknown for use of EBT's

i think thats it ?

Edited by itzdrk

If you had £800 million would you want to hand it over to Cameron and his cronies?

Call me old fashioned, but if Jim McColl has made his fortune owning and managing UK businesses, and was happy to accept an award from the Queen's honours list, then yes...he should be prepared to pay the full tax on his earnings. If your team had tried that approach they may still exist.

Genuine question, as one of the other cheek, and a relatively sensible poster, would you like to see Rangers in the SPL next year? You may well have given your opinion already, so it could be somewhere back in the thread and I missed it, but Im interested! It seems to have split Celtic fans.

Don't think it's split Celtic fans at all, empirical evidence suggests various reason Celtic fans almost to a man don't want Rangers in the SPL. My opinion is that the level of cheating can only merit Rangers being kicked out of Scottish football all together. I'd have to say, as someone who's been around a bit, Rangers money men fans have played a blinderr so far...be interesting to see if our authorities have the balls to do the right thing.

Have to say also it's been a pleasure watching the new media try and run the agenda on this, from this site to the excellent Rangers tax case site I've been quite amazed at how ordinary fans can push the decision makers that used to meet in smoke filled room and sort things out.

Only real negative is the complete absenceof any investigative push from our MSM, that's been a real disappointmet

Here's a thing.

I'm heartily fed up of the financial argument being used to keep the cheats in the SPL.

Time after time, apologists (ha!) trot out the line about Scottish Football failing without their money.

The absolute worst case-scenario (for the H'newco anyway) I can imagine the beaks having the balls for will be an SFL3 entry.

In that case the same money will stay withing football, but some will be distributed among the clubs who probably need it the most, and will allow a more competitive game overall. After all, the fans don't do walking away.

Of course I'd have them taken outside and shot in front of their families, but then again I am Jeremy Clarkson.

And on that bombshell...

If you had £800 million would you want to hand it over to Cameron and his cronies?

I was under the impression that a large amount of the money was made from the sale of a Scottish company, so the moral argument might be to pay tax where you made that money. Your statement sums up the attitude to paying tax that had become associated with Rangers. Nobody wants to pay tax, but wtf happens if nobody pays it?

Call me old fashioned, but if Jim McColl has made his fortune owning and managing UK businesses, and was happy to accept an award from the Queen's honours list, then yes...he should be prepared to pay the full tax on his earnings. If your team had tried that approach they may still exist.

Why? He has the right to live wherever he chooses,it still doesn't dilute the good work he's done for industry in this country.

This Rangers blogger guy says they've had enough sanctions. What sanctions have they had exactly ?

The 10 points deducted for going into administration: It had no negative effect on rangers.

The 3 years without European football: That wasn't a sanction. They never met the criteria to be included.

The 12 month transfer embargo: Has been overturned.

What sanctions is he referring to ?

Why do they invite people like this onto these programmes when it is obvious that they have nothing to offer ?

Michael Kelly ? Gimme a break. Who cares what that loser thinks ?

If Tom English could have manged to get a word in I suspect he may have been worth listening to.

As for Archie...........he should stick to " Whoooooooooof " He is another one who can think only about money.....the product....exposure on TV....selling merchandise.....shirt sponsorship. He agrees that Rangers deserve to go to the third division but unfortunately it's not in the interests of scottish football.

A number of people have been warning us to be careful what we wish for...............the people who are espousing the view that Rangers should be allowed back in the SPL really should be careful what they wish for. It won't be as rosy as they may think.

The other guy (Penfold - writer guy) backed him up only Tom English actually said.

Now Michael Kelly talking utter bollox, who cares about what has been won in the past it is about the decisions taken now.

Yet again that balloon Rangers blogger flogging the dead horse that they have suffered enough , (you just shake your head at these people)

Kelly and the guy who doesn't have anything to blog about wanting to keep the OF games along with wooooff !! Archie , typical OF wankfest we have grown used to .

I love that the main talking points following both programmes include

"I thought Tom English would look different"

and

"Jim Spence was wearing a snappy suit"

:D

For me it was that a broadcaster with 40 years experience doesn't know how to pronounce the word "product".

Don't think it's split Celtic fans at all, empirical evidence suggests various reason Celtic fans almost to a man don't want Rangers in the SPL. My opinion is that the level of cheating can only merit Rangers being kicked out of Scottish football all together. I'd have to say, as someone who's been around a bit, Rangers money men fans have played a blinderr so far...be interesting to see if our authorities have the balls to do the right thing.

Have to say also it's been a pleasure watching the new media try and run the agenda on this, from this site to the excellent Rangers tax case site I've been quite amazed at how ordinary fans can push the decision makers that used to meet in smoke filled room and sort things out.

Only real negative is the complete absenceof any investigative push from our MSM, that's been a real disappointmet

If the SPL do not kick out rangers, and FIFA ban scotland and our teams from europe and world cup qualifiers what would happen then ??

HEY WAIT A FECKING MINUTE HERE ! :angry:

Even after the b*stards die they will still effectively be costing a lot of tax payers money to investigate why the cheating feckers went bust :o how many more millions can they cost the tax payer even in death.

UNBELIEVABLE OR WHAT :blink:

the Ibrox faithful were chanting for ally to be sacked

I was at most games last season and don't remember that...When did the anti ally chanting start?

Or did you just make that up to try and fit in here :rolleyes: