Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

ive changed my opinion on what should happen to them actually

i was in the SPL nono SFL 3 yes camp

however ive thought about it and they bring nothing to the table for division 3 actually

the SPL they offer a sky deal (apparently)

the SFL they offer extra policing costs for every club

so f**k them into oblivion, i will certainly be lobbying my club (not that i belive they would listen imo) should it come to an SFL vote

The way I see it, is all diddy clubs that vote 'Yes' Should all merge with 'The Rangers'.

Essentially they are admitting they are not a football club any more and simply

part of the pleasure/entertainment and business of Rangers. Simply

teams that are willing to turn up season in season out to play Rangers/Celtic

nothing else matters.

For example if Hearts/Killie/St johnstone/st mirren/inverness/ross county/motherwell/'The Rangers' all vote 'Yes'

and Hibs/Celtic/Aberdeen/dundee united vote 'No' the league would

be

The Rangers Fun Bus new co united

Celtic

hibs

Aberdeen

Dundee united

As Doncaster has pointed out less teams is better more TV money.

Problem solved.

Edited by RotWeissEssen

You wont need to worry about that arent the newco supporters boycotting all the SPL clubs anyway? (Cant bring myself to calling the the R*****s).

I dont think it will come to that and I still think that they wont exist beyond July. They may come back in the lower leagues at some point but at this late stage, I dont see it being in time for the start of next season. Its surely both financially and Logistically not possible?

IMO , I think the earlier suggestions of all the "Diddy" supporters boycotting the Newco is still a valid option. Might be worth contacting respective supporters forums and mentioning that if we the supporters of all the decent non cheating/tax dodging clubs in the SPL refuse to recognise this newco as a member and therefore will not attend any games that our teams play them home or away. If that shower can use that as a threat, why cant the rest of us. Wouldnt look good if they were playing to stadiums with absolutely no supporters other than their own. Especially when the cry is "Nae Sky deal if they dont get into the SPL"

What would be better if the Teams themselves refused point blank to play them at all, as the sporting integrity would be shot to buggery from the start, that is why FIFA is really going to be the final nail in the coffin for this story.

Picture the scene,

Season opener ties,

we have

Aberdeen v Motherwell

St johnstone v raith rovers

Celtic v Dundee utd

Hearts v hibs

st mirren v new co

and FIFA release a statement,

Due to the fact the newco in scotland has been kept in the SPL and sporting integrity has been lost in that country, FIFA have suspended all teams in Scotland from europe for 10 years, scotland for competing in the world cup and our membership void.

Is it really worth that? just to keep the same team, same stadium same people running it in the SPL??

At least our team tries to beat the bigots.

your lot, LET them win, and im sure St mirren will vote to keep their buddies in right :) what is it, 15k a match

You never tried too hard when you got pumped 9-0 at parkhead :lol:

RE Sky.

Let's say they drop the fee to half what it is just now if no The Rangers in SPL..

Why don't the 12 clubs then vote in that all TV money is equally shared - with perhaps the league winner getting a smaller share, which will be compensated for by their Champs League (qualifiers) money.

Given the top two took about 50% of the TV revenue previously, would something like this not more than compensate the overall drop in cash for the other clubs?

RE Sky.

Let's say they drop the fee to half what it is just now if no The Rangers in SPL..

Why don't the 12 clubs then vote in that all TV money is equally shared - with perhaps the league winner getting a smaller share, which will be compensated for by their Champs League (qualifiers) money.

Given the top two took about 50% of the TV revenue previously, would something like this not more than compensate the overall drop in cash for the other clubs?

Because Sky are not interested in the SPL without the OF. The SPL would have to look to the BBC or God forgive STV to come up with a deal. I am not sure you would get anything near 50% of the Sky deal. Sorry i am not being honest there...I know you would get nothing near 50% of the Sky deal

Rangers liquidation: Charles Green asks ‘why did Walter bid now?’

Published: 14 June 2012

Charles Green has announced he has purchased Rangers and its assets. Picture: SNS

52 comments

By STEPHEN HALLIDAY

CHARLES Green last night questioned the timing of Walter Smith’s dramatic bid to buy Rangers on the day the club was formally consigned to liquidation and insisted he has no intention of “stepping aside” as requested by the former manager.

Yorkshire businessman Green is now chief executive of the “newco” Rangers which will be owned by his Sevco consortium of investors who yesterday completed their £5.5 million purchase of the business and assets of the liquidated company.

But Green’s attempt to earn the backing of Rangers supporters received a major setback when Smith, who left the club in the summer of 2011, revealed he was leading a new bid in association with businessmen Jim McColl and Douglas Park.

Smith’s consortium have directly contacted BDO, the accountancy firm appointed as liquidators of Rangers, to inform them of their willingness to purchase the “newco” on the same basis as Green’s group.

But former Sheffield United chief executive Green, who yesterday named Ayrshire-born pension fund manager Malcolm Murray as chairman of the new Rangers plc board, says his stake in the club is not for sale and warned that his Sevco investors would be seeking a profit on funds already committed if they were to agree to Smith’s request.

Green did, however, welcome the prospect of Smith’s involvement in the club, offering to immediately appoint him as chairman of its football board of directors, which will run separately from the plc board.

“What I am surprised about is why people would come in on the day that everyone knows is completion day and think that they could buy it,” said Green.

“Walter stated that he was looking to negotiate to buy the club. Well, no-one’s rung me. I’ve never spoken to Jim McColl or Walter in my life. Since I’ve been here, I’ve spoken to lots of people who have asked if they could introduce me to them. No-one has, probably because no-one trusts me.

“But I have asked on numerous occasions to meet them because I know their names. I know their reputations and I felt that they would be fantastic people to have in this business. I’ve said from May 13, on the day my consortium signed a binding contract to buy Rangers, that anybody can come to this club and join my team. Unless the money is from prostitution, drug dealing or child trafficking, then I’ll take the money.

“I’ve got a fiduciary duty to report back to investors any offer that is made for the club but I’ve also bought shares and put my own cash in. So would I sell my shares? No, because I believe this is a great club and it will go forward. I can assure you there are easier ways to make a quick buck than have the four months since February that we’ve been involved in it, with late nights, hard work and the legal fees and hours that have been put in. I actually get insulted by that because, if someone wanted this club, they should have bought it. I got criticised for being the last one in. Every thing I’ve promised so far, I have delivered.”

Green, however, was countered yesterday after naming one the investors in his consortium as Ian Hart, a Glasgow businessman. Hart later released his own statement, denying he was part of the Sevco consortium and expressing his support for Jim McColl and Douglas Park.

On another breathtaking day of developments in the Rangers crisis, Green also had to address speculation that manager Ally McCoist is ready to resign. It has been claimed McCoist had an angry exchange with Green at Ibrox on Wednesday amid the belief, allegedly learned from a former Rangers director, that the new chief executive was preparing to sack him and appoint his own manager.

“If I was getting rid of Ally, I would say to him, face to face, ‘Ally, I’m sacking you’. That’s never happened. In fact, the second meeting I ever had with Ally was in the office here at Ibrox where I said to him ‘I’m quite happy to put a clause in my contract that says that the day you get sacked, because inevitably it would be me doing it, I leave too.’

“That was so that Ally knew and understood that it wouldn’t help me one iota for him to fail and that he had my support. Ally will confirm that to you.

“The reality is that Walter Smith and Ally are big pals. I’m nothing to Ally, I don’t expect to be. Walter is his friend for a long time. If there is a chance Walter is going to put a bid together, Ally would support Walter and that’s what I’d expect. Do I want Ally to be manager? Yes, 100 per cent.”

Why would they pay you 20k...You're shit and it was just a matter of how many they would pump past you :rolleyes:

coming from a bun with no team...no history...lol

Got a video for you

1339718446[/url]' post='6337905']

What would be better if the Teams themselves refused point blank to play them at all, as the sporting integrity would be shot to buggery from the start, that is why FIFA is really going to be the final nail in the coffin for this story.

Picture the scene,

Season opener ties,

we have

Aberdeen v Motherwell

St johnstone v raith rovers

Celtic v Dundee utd

Hearts v hibs

st mirren v new co

and FIFA release a statement,

Due to the fact the newco in scotland has been kept in the SPL and sporting integrity has been lost in that country, FIFA have suspended all teams in Scotland from europe for 10 years, scotland for competing in the world cup and our membership void.

Is it really worth that? just to keep the same team, same stadium same people running it in the SPL??

What?

First it would be UEFA who take action. Second that is very unlikely. Third Newcos aren't a new invention, they have been used by many clubs across Europe.

Sorry. A what? A 'Bun'? WTF is a 'Bun'?

An old nickname for that club Rangers.

Do The Rangers have a nickname, or even a kit? What about players? And a league to play in?

RE Sky.

Very true.