Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

ESPN already cover Scottish football without getting any Old Firm games.

ESPN UK is a dead channel, the loss of the EPL rights the other day means they are fecked.

Half seven Radio Scotland

A currant said, 'it's no oor fault, we've did nothing wrong'

Maybe, maybe not, certainly bigged up your 'triumphs' with as much gusto as you could.

Endemic glory hunting in kids in our primary schools has seen lost generations of fans supporting their local sides.

Their clubs cheating hasn't just affected them.

Nothing Wrong?

Rangers supporters do my nut in, all the chat on FF now is about 'paying back there enemies' especially the Rangers Tax Case blog. The site is of the few places actually publishing information about the nefarious goings on behind the scene at Ibrox, while the mainstream press has peddled a load of lies about 'war chests' and Gattuso. They should really be thanking RTC for exposing this stuff, but nope instead they've all collectively sat on their red hands and allowed their club to be killed and corpse fucked.

Edit:

And Sky will not pull out f**k sake, they'll show any league just to stop anyone else broadcasting it.

Edited by Broccoli Dog

Does Dermott Desmond still pay his taxes in Ireland. God knows they could do with it. Maybe then they would stop coming to us with their begging bowls.

A The Rangers fan having a sideways dig at the Irish. How very quaint.

I had previously expressed some sympathy with the decent Rangers supporters over this whole affair. Having seen how quickly they have bought into Walter Smith's plan I withdraw that.

There's been some cynical things that's happened during this whole fiasco but none as cynical as Smith and others sitting back, allowing the club they profess to love die, then sweeping in afterwords trying to play the heroes.

The only good thing about this is that no-one other than the most deluded h*n is fooled by it.

THE SKY DEAL

There is no way in hell :D that SKY will pull out the SPL completely like some have suggested.They may reduce the revenue stream by up to 40% perhaps but won't pull the plug completely.

If they did SKY know that many many households in Bonnie Scotland would just cancel their current sky sports deals and some may even cancel SKY all together and that is worth more than the puny little amount pot of pish they pay to televise our SPL.

They pull £110 million over 5 years then Scotland will make them lose that amount every year.

IT'S CALLED CONSUMER POWER.

So all this reek of pish SKY will pull out has to go ! they will renegotiate the deal and I hope the SPL will stick to their guns to keep the current deal.

If i remember correctly ( ....and I admit my memory is shit ) they generate around £350 quid a year per subscriber. They'd only need to lose about 250,000 subscribers to be at break even. So it depends on the legnth of the deal. If its 3 years then they'd be worse of if they lost around 75,000 subscribers.

And Sky will not pull out f**k sake, they'll show any league just to stop anyone else broadcasting it.

^^^ This. If Sky gave up the SPL, someone like ESPN UK would hang around and take it on. Sky want ESPN UK dead and out of the picture, they don't want to leave them any lifeline and want to have a monopoly on ALL football in the UK. The Sky deal will not disappear, it will only be renegotiated.

Does Dermott Desmond still pay his taxes in Ireland. God knows they could do with it. Maybe then they would stop coming to us with their begging bowls.

His club in Scotland, Celtic, do, something that David "support our troops" Murray was not that good at

If all the players tupe over and decide to stay till the end of their contracts and refuse any transfers. Then operating losses going forward wherever they are would be massive. Surely for the 20 plus grand a week brigade they can't expect more elsewhere even on a free now. Let's face it they are overpaid and pretty shyte

A The Rangers fan having a sideways dig at the Irish. How very quaint.

My club has absolutely no history of being anti Irish..In fact i think the only region we have ever had anything against is Yorkshire :P

Good morning, gentlemen (and ladies). I'm not even going to try to catch up from last night but one observation this morning.

I had thought last night that the blind-side run by Team Cardigan was probably negative in that it would fire the Berrs up to demand to stay in the SPL. However, given that it appears now to have caused maximum confusion, The Mysterons are demanding around £20 million to "walk away", the fans won't support them, the whole thing is such an organisational mess that they will be lucky to be able to put out either a five-a-side team, or even a pub team, I now think it's going to be a no-brainer for the SPL committee, if the SFA haven't humped them oot before then.

Oh, and on Super Ally's walking away: Traynor is a tit, trying to defend himself on Sportsound last night was laughable.

At least Charlie-boy is up to speed with the Scottish MSM: the only good thing you get in newspapers is fish and chips.:D .

Oy, aye, and the other upside is that it has rejuvenated this thread, years of this to come. :lol:

Edited by Happy Buddie

This whole process has been a con , nobody bid against Charles Green so that there was no pushing teh proice up to pay creditors. The figure of £5.5m was just to make sure Duff & Phelps got paid.

Now Rangers newco are free of Tax Liablities the real owners can step forward and buy off Green. They can use Walter Smith to get the fans on their side , and the players to transfer over then use fan power to force Green to sell.

1) David Murray gets away with paying tax on Big Tax Case

2) Craig Whyte a pawn in the game

3) Charles Green , a pawn in the game will make money for his trouble of being the big bad wolf putting Rangers into liquidation

4) Rangers supporting businessmen will own Rangers with no debt and no HMRC liablities from previous ownerships.

Well done to all involved you played a blinder and showed how the Old Firm are more powerful then SPL and SFA.

Maybe the press will blamr Craig Levein when Hampden is empty for the World Cup Qualifers, the SFA better do the right thing and see through this charade.

Rangers supporters do my nut in, all the chat on FF now is about 'paying back there enemies' they've all collectively sat on their red hands and allowed their club to be killed and corpse fucked.

This was posted on Follow Follow a couple a days ago..The response by the FF faithful was 3 or 4 pages of outrage from the hard done by Rangers supporters.....

A wee bit humility from our support and from those that are speaking on behalf of the club might have gone a long way. Why would any SPL Chairman vote us back in after the online support have repeatedly called for botcotts of all SPL clubs? What would be in it for them? People on here actually believe these clubs will allow us to beam back their home league games so we can all toddle along to Ibrox to watch on the big screens(which we haven't paid for) and give them nothing in return!! They think these clubs will send their U19s along to entertain us on the days our first XI are away from home so we have something to do while we boycott their clubs. Time to get real!!

Reading here and other Rangers forums you would honestly think it was the tax mans fault we are where we are. Rangers will be liquidated tomorrow and there are a few people at fault in this whole sorry saga but wee Hector is not one of them. Sir David Murray for selling the club to that Shyster Whyte. Whyte himself for running the club into the ground whilst not paying any outside contractors and robbing the employees PAYE and NI contributions. The ones who seem to be escaping everybodies wrath are those on the board and employed by Rangers who sat on their hands and said nothing. I knew well into last year that Whyte hadn't paid anybody. If i knew then it is unthinkable those in the background at Ibrox didn't know.

I can understand the supports anger..I was in fucking tears yesterday at what those b*****ds have done to our club. I'll never forget and i will certainly never forgive. But as a support it is time for cool heads and time to take stock of what is actually happening here. It is time to stop looking for conspiracies that don't exist. It is time to point the finger of blame at those who are ultimately responsible.

Yes We Are Rangers. Yes We Are The People...But for how much longer? You carry on fighting the authorities and antagonising every club owner in the country and they will finish us. Make no mistake about it. We have never been in such a vulnerable state in my 40 odd years of follow following.

Who'll Blink First?

In one corner there's Green who has the assets, inthe other corner there's Smith who the fans will follow.  They need each other to have a successful successor to Rangers.  The question is who is in the strongest position.

Green and his backers just want to make money, they couldn't give a toss what happens to the footballing side of things tomorrow or ten years from know.  It would be in their best interests if someone came in quickly before they have to deal with players leaving and meeting the running costs for those players and other staff who don't leave.

Smith will reckon that the sooner he takes over the sooner he will be able to control the situation staff wise.  He will also hold the view, backed by a sycophantic press, that a Smith led 'Rangers' will probably have more chance of avoiding censure from the footballing authorities than a Green led 'Rangers'.

For what it's worth I think Green is in the stronger position.  He acquired the assets at a knock down price and, worst scenario, he could probably mothball them for a minimal cost.  If all the footballing staff choose to leave he could the, probably, deal with the other staff.  In other words he has options.

Smith has no options, the new Rangers need a place to play.  Their support is such that even a year down the line playing in a lower league I think they would still get anything between 15 and 25 thousand making them the second largest supported team in Scotland.

So to sum up, my prediction is Green will win this battle and make money for himself and his backers.  Maybe Craig Whyte will be looking on thinking 'that's what I should have done'.

Rangers fans are saying its not our fault. Well all us other fans thought something wasn't right (for the last 3/4 years at least). You will fall behind anyone who will further your belief that you are special. You are a football club that is that. My club lives within its means what about trying that, by the way pay your taxes to the country you claim to be so loyal too.

Thats it i feel better now.

Rangers fans are saying its not our fault. Well all us other fans thought something wasn't right (for the last 3/4 years at least). You will fall behind anyone who will further your belief that you are special. You are a football club that is that. My club lives within its means what about trying that, by the way pay your taxes to the country you claim to be so loyal too.

Thats it i feel better now.

Your club had a lucky escape. There was talk a few years ago of Rangers buying your club as a feeder club..It was around the time you moved to the new stadium.

This whole process has been a con , nobody bid against Charles Green so that there was no pushing teh proice up to pay creditors. The figure of £5.5m was just to make sure Duff & Phelps got paid.

Now Rangers newco are free of Tax Liablities the real owners can step forward and buy off Green. They can use Walter Smith to get the fans on their side , and the players to transfer over then use fan power to force Green to sell.

1) David Murray gets away with paying tax on Big Tax Case

2) Craig Whyte a pawn in the game

3) Charles Green , a pawn in the game will make money for his trouble of being the big bad wolf putting Rangers into liquidation

4) Rangers supporting businessmen will own Rangers with no debt and no HMRC liablities from previous ownerships.

Well done to all involved you played a blinder and showed how the Old Firm are more powerful then SPL and SFA.

Maybe the press will blamr Craig Levein when Hampden is empty for the World Cup Qualifers, the SFA better do the right thing and see through this charade.

Now there's a boycott that would really amke them sit up and notice. You'd only get the bluenoses at Hampden. And can I suggest that whatever division T'Rangers end up in next season, the only song to be sung is "You're not Rangers anymore....." You have the Power.