Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Got to love Wally and his Rangers die hards coming in at after the death and will make a mint, but not a murray mint, although nothing will be said against ol Dave, apparently everyone's hand was illegally in the till the last few decades

Smith's just joining in the free cash frenzy after fukcing the creditors, watch the various people trying to join the financial feast, at least the kids face painter got her cash.

Wonder if the Rangers rag dolling of the rest of Scottish football in regards any investigation and punishment will continue?

I think if the SPL / SFA and the rest of clubs apologise then watty might forget about the whole thing.

The query as to why Team Cardigan didn't appear earlier, was, I think, posted by someone earlier, that it was obvious that for football to be played out of Ibrox again, the debt level was too toxic and Rangers had to die :lol: . Watty and his boys would have been tarriered (see what I did there?) with the same brush as Whyte if they had allowed the club to be liquidated, so green was allowed to do that job, then the Shining Knights come riding to the rescue on King Billy's :ph34r: horse. Chancers to a man.

A thought just occured to me reading the Leggoland article. If Greene refuses to sell at a reasonable price, what is to stop Wattie & Co from doing an Airdrie and buying another club, (Cowdenbeath spring to mind given them being homeless shortly and in Div 1.) They rename them Glasgow Rangers, and arrange to hire Hampden until they manage to conclude a deal with Green. This will greatly improve the strength of their position, given the fans will follow and buy season tickets to Glasgow Rangers rather than The Rangers.

Personally, I hope Rangers have to go through the scenario of having to apply to get the spare spot in the 3rd Div and starting again. I actually think it could be good for Scottish football. Rangers glory hunter fans decide to look at other clubs to support, the clubs they have a wee soft spot for. Young Scottish players given their chance at Rangers, supporters of the other SPL clubs flock back to support their team as they will now be fighting for 2nd place. I fera this has some way to run howeve

I have been giving this a little thought this morning. It stinks to high heaven. I know it stinks and everybody knows it has been a stitch up. I am not proud to support this club right now. I'll go further i am actually ashamed at what has gone on there. I am disgusted that the people at the top of the club got away with it for so long.

Firstly it is just plain wrong to be able to walk away from the amount of debt Rangers have. I understand this happens in the business world but it doesn't make it any more palatable.

I have wondered for a while why would Craig Whyte simply run the club into the ground? What was his plan? Murray hands the club to Whyte...Whyte does the dirty work..He calls in the Administrators he wants...they then keep it out of Paul Murrays hands and give it over to Charles Green...He looks like deliberately making 100% his CVA is rejected and buys the assets back for £5.5 million. Then onto the scene comes Walter Smith, Jim McColl and Douglas Park who will buy the club back for under £10 million totally debt free.

This morning i should be jumping for joy. The Real Rangers men the whole support wanted right from the start look like getting control of the club. It looks like we will be in better financial state than we have been in years but it is a hollow victory. It looks to me that those running the club have lied and cheated just about everybody including their own support and it leaves me feeling sick.....Or maybe that is the hang over i have!! :(

The query as to why Team Cardigan didn't appear earlier, was, I think, posted by someone earlier, that it was obvious that for football to be played out of Ibrox again, the debt level was too toxic and Rangers had to die :lol: . Watty and his boys would have been tarriered (see what I did there?) with the same brush as Whyte if they had allowed the club to be liquidated, so green was allowed to do that job, then the Shining Knights come riding to the rescue on King Billy's :ph34r: horse. Chancers to a man.

Correct - and the SPL chairmen lead by the inept Cockwomble, and the SFA must surely see this for what it is. In the name of the wee man, surely they can see through this pantomime.

Frankly, if Green is acting the role of liquidiser, and simply sells out to Sir Wattie of Cardigan for a tidy buck, leaving shafted creditors and (The) Rangers waltzing off.... if the SPL and SFA whitewash this and welcome them into the SPL with nary a slap on the wrist - it really is game over for Scottish football.

Come on Cockwomble - enough clarity for you and your 12 member clubs yet? These cnuts are at it. Big time.

post-11339-0-93136600-1339751754_thumb.j

Is he not quite famously a Rangers fan?

I think this is the kind of rhetoric we'll have to look forward to in the next couple of weeks - might as well get used to it.

They've got their own agenda, we've got ours. Eyes on the prize and all that.

Aye.

While Manager, he learned the hard way up here not to peddle currant bun nonsense

I think it may have been his first season up here and we grabbed a draw at Ibrox. He said something along the lines of he was pleased with the result but was concerned that'd he upset his old man who drinks in a Govan Bowling Club, as he's a big Rangers fan.

We had a very uneasy relationship with Jimmy and he really didn't help himself at times.

He knows we fucking hate Rangers up here and he should've been a bit more tactical at times.

I suppose he doesn't need to care these days though....

Plenty of leagues in Europe had splits, and the SPL wasn't the first.

Off the top of my head, there are splits in Belgium, Israel, Cyprus, Wales and Northern Ireland - and there are others.

I may have missed some but I'm pretty sure the following Uefa countries have all operated some form of split:

Andorra, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Cyprus, Greece, Israel, Kazakhstan, Malta, Northern Ireland, Russia, San Marino, Scotland, Wales

Scotland may have been among the first, but it's become recognised as an effective way to operate smaller leagues.

He was even born in Govan.

I'm sure he would have taken a carefully thought out, balanced view though. rolleyes.gif

Pretty obvious from his colour...

laugh.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

"I am hugely disappointed Aberdeen are taking this stance, I understand they are reflecting the wishes of their supporters, but they have to look at the bigger picture. I would appeal to supporters of all clubs to put aside tribalism and hatred. Put themselves in the same position as Rangers supporters." Jimmy Calderwood"

Ok, Jimmy, I'm in Al Pacino mode, method and all that.

Blood pressure building, arms seem to be lengthening, nose turning blue, cannae think straight, seem to be only able to see straight ahead to a new Eden where the sky is blue and so is the grass. Funny, that I seem to have exagerrated feelings of tribalism and hatred, especially tae thae Fen88n ba$$tturts. And, see if Rangers get kicked oot the SPL, ah'm gonnae gie the wife a right doin'.

Eh, naw, Jimmy. I don't think I'll bother, thank you, but no.

There is a residency qualification. Think it has to average less than 90 days in the UK each year. Then you are not paying tax as a UK resident.

So how much is Romanov here?

As for Whyte?

You are due to pay UK income tax on wages earned under the UK tax authority.

Residency rules kick in if you are in the UK (not just for work, for any reason) for more than 180 days in a year or more than 90 days in 4 consecutive years. If this applies then the UK take tax off of ALL of your earnings regardless of where it was earned.

You can get a rebate on UK tax on foreign earnings if you have paid tax on those earnings in another tax authority and the UK has a double taxation agreement with that country.

Working with seafarers, they bloody hate it if they have to come to the office for any reason (as it adds towards their 180 days).

"I am hugely disappointed Aberdeen are taking this stance, I understand they are reflecting the wishes of their supporters, but they have to look at the bigger picture. I would appeal to supporters of all clubs to put aside tribalism and hatred. Put themselves in the same position as Rangers supporters

Jimmy Calderwood

"Football without fans is nothing"

Jock Stein

This whole sorry saga will make for some incredulous reading when it all finally ends (?)

Every football fan across the country has been given a seat at one of the longest and most controversial BUSINESS MALPRACTICE shows in town. The corporate snakes have shown us all - like it or not - that there is money and its value or....... there is f**k all.

The Cardigan Consortium's late entry is a carefully choreographed piece of business practice led by more suits (NOT Walter Mitty - he is just the populist figurehead designed to unite the masses and therefore protect potential future revenues)

SDM, CW, CG, along with Haudit & Co are all complicit one way or another, some by dubious or even illegal business practice (SDM & CW) some by opportunism (CG) and others, if not all of the above, by unscrupulous business practice.

Unfortunately what we see here is replicated across the business world on an all too regular basis and the courts are full to the brim of shysters and vultures looking to maximise on any opportunity to make a fast buck or drop a huge debt.

Minty Murray's ego led him into the kind of spending that ALL at Ibrox were happy to simply accept because of the success it brought. No questions asked - just back slaps (and funny handshakes) all round. It's the classic equivalent of the Company Boss keeping all the vital information to himself and being solely responsible for sourcing the major funding revenues and handing big fat cheques to his "Director" of Finance.

When it all started to go doon the pan, Minty saw it coming and, like a million dodgy businessmen, before him went about seeking a willing mug (or venture capitalist) to "do the dirty" whilst proclaiming to the masses (and employees) that "...it will secure the future blah blah...." but all the time fully understanding that he was attempting to drop his responsibilities and - more importantly, LIABILITIES.

CLASSIC. BUSINESS. PRACTICE. The kind of morally dodgy practice Murray and thousands of other "businessmen" try every day in life.

I feel sorry for genuine fans - and by that I mean fans of the club who were there BEFORE Minty got his grubby mits on the place. Anyone else, the knuckle draggers, religious bigots, sectarian bigots, glory hunters et all.... well, I laugh endlessly at the pictures and gifs posted across the web at your expense.

In terms of football future ? Well, The clubs history is only really tainted from Murrays era onwards and if there is to be any rewriting of record books I would like to think that only records from that time would be nullified. No re-awarding mind, just nullified with an appropriate footnote in the records to serve as a stark reminder for all...

Every club can learn a real lesson from this and, hopefully, the SFA too. The lesson is that when clubs start chasing big prizes they need to be able to demonstrate that they are doing so honestly and fairly in other words.... sportingly.

I may have missed some but I'm pretty sure the following Uefa countries have all operated some form of split:

Andorra, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Cyprus, Greece, Israel, Kazakhstan, Malta, Northern Ireland, Russia, San Marino, Scotland, Wales

Scotland may have been among the first, but it's become recognised as an effective way to operate smaller leagues.

...and Albania, Armenia, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Eire, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Norway, Poland, Spain, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine.

a majority of whom had splits of some kind before Scotland did. First was Albania in 1940s.

If it goes to a vote and Newco get back in, fans of every club who voted no should insist THEIR club resigns from the SPL whether that be Ross County or Celtic. If it's a yes vote lets just fuk off and leave the cheating scum to it. See how they get in in a league of 8 or so !!!

This whole sorry saga will make for some incredulous reading when it all finally ends (?)

Every football fan across the country has been given a seat at one of the longest and most controversial BUSINESS MALPRACTICE shows in town. The corporate snakes have shown us all - like it or not - that there is money and its value or....... there is f**k all.

The Cardigan Consortium's late entry is a carefully choreographed piece of business practice led by more suits (NOT Walter Mitty - he is just the populist figurehead designed to unite the masses and therefore protect potential future revenues)

SDM, CW, CG, along with Haudit & Co are all complicit one way or another, some by dubious or even illegal business practice (SDM & CW) some by opportunism (CG) and others, if not all of the above, by unscrupulous business practice.

Unfortunately what we see here is replicated across the business world on an all too regular basis and the courts are full to the brim of shysters and vultures looking to maximise on any opportunity to make a fast buck or drop a huge debt.

Minty Murray's ego led him into the kind of spending that ALL at Ibrox were happy to simply accept because of the success it brought. No questions asked - just back slaps (and funny handshakes) all round. It's the classic equivalent of the Company Boss keeping all the vital information to himself and being solely responsible for sourcing the major funding revenues and handing big fat cheques to his "Director" of Finance.

When it all started to go doon the pan, Minty saw it coming and, like a million dodgy businessmen, before him went about seeking a willing mug (or venture capitalist) to "do the dirty" whilst proclaiming to the masses (and employees) that "...it will secure the future blah blah...." but all the time fully understanding that he was attempting to drop his responsibilities and - more importantly, LIABILITIES.

CLASSIC. BUSINESS. PRACTICE. The kind of morally dodgy practice Murray and thousands of other "businessmen" try every day in life.

I feel sorry for genuine fans - and by that I mean fans of the club who were there BEFORE Minty got his grubby mits on the place. Anyone else, the knuckle draggers, religious bigots, sectarian bigots, glory hunters et all.... well, I laugh endlessly at the pictures and gifs posted across the web at your expense.

In terms of football future ? Well, The clubs history is only really tainted from Murrays era onwards and if there is to be any rewriting of record books I would like to think that only records from that time would be nullified. No re-awarding mind, just nullified with an appropriate footnote in the records to serve as a stark reminder for all...

Every club can learn a real lesson from this and, hopefully, the SFA too. The lesson is that when clubs start chasing big prizes they need to be able to demonstrate that they are doing so honestly and fairly in other words.... sportingly.

And does this not have it's origins in the "greed is good" culture of Thatcher's (is that bitch no died yet?) 80's, when it became obvious that it was easier to sit behind a desk churning money on a vast scale and taking a wee %age cut, than going out and building a business that actually made stuff that people could use. It used to be callled engineering.

I have been giving this a little thought this morning. It stinks to high heaven. I know it stinks and everybody knows it has been a stitch up. I am not proud to support this club right now. I'll go further i am actually ashamed at what has gone on there. I am disgusted that the people at the top of the club got away with it for so long.

Firstly it is just plain wrong to be able to walk away from the amount of debt Rangers have. I understand this happens in the business world but it doesn't make it any more palatable.

I have wondered for a while why would Craig Whyte simply run the club into the ground? What was his plan? Murray hands the club to Whyte...Whyte does the dirty work..He calls in the Administrators he wants...they then keep it out of Paul Murrays hands and give it over to Charles Green...He looks like deliberately making 100% his CVA is rejected and buys the assets back for £5.5 million. Then onto the scene comes Walter Smith, Jim McColl and Douglas Park who will buy the club back for under £10 million totally debt free.

This morning i should be jumping for joy. The Real Rangers men the whole support wanted right from the start look like getting control of the club. It looks like we will be in better financial state than we have been in years but it is a hollow victory. It looks to me that those running the club have lied and cheated just about everybody including their own support and it leaves me feeling sick.....Or maybe that is the hang over i have!! :(

It's only a couple of days since you were declaring you knew exactly where this whole situation was headed, now look at you!

The way you are feeling about being cheated is how us diddies have felt for years and we want justice, not tribalistic revenge as many have described our fervour but justice.

We don't want t'Rangers wiped out before they begin we just want them punished for what Rangers have done to our game, if t'Rangers were to drop all claims to the history of Rangers then there would be nothing to punish but if you want to keep the history you must accept the punishments.

Nice to see this finally starting to happen though.

penny-dropping.gif

Edited by stonedsailor

I think this is the kind of rhetoric we'll have to look forward to in the next couple of weeks - might as well get used to it.

They've got their own agenda, we've got ours. Eyes on the prize and all that.

He certainly looks like one.

Having watched last nights STV shambles the one thing that stood out for me was McPherson's comment on the new Premiership TV deal and how some Celtic business mans sons now wore Man City tops (I think that was the club) rather than Celtic shirts.

Is that not what happened in every Scottish city, town and village over the last 20 years but with shirts of Celtic and Rangers. Did McPherson or any of the other media speak out then. of course the did not as the old situation suited them fine, giving them the "old firm games" which McPherson admitted he loved and the trips to Europe with the old firm.

Yes this weeks news from England is bad news for the SPL but if it makes the old firms lives more difficult then so be it. At least these English clubs don't have the baggage that the two Glasgow sides had in the past and that some would rather keep going.

"I would appeal to supporters of all clubs to put aside tribalism and hatred. Put themselves in the same position as Rangers supporters." Jimmy Calderwood"

Is that not what booting them out of fitba all together would achieve?!:rolleyes: