Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That was always included in the CVA.

yes but not as high as all of the £25Mil goes to creditors

(im asuming minus legal fees)

Edited by itzdrk

This. I may have woken up my elderly neighbour when I screamed "UTTER w****r" when this knob end said this. A caller to Call Kaye made the same point and talked about a precedent having already been set. I thought then that he had to be the stupidest man in Scotland but another has stepped up to the plate.

I heard that Call Kaye nugget go on about that as well, saying that Falkirk were denied promotion and Aberdeen saved relegation 'due to money reasons' or some such nonsense; to suggest that in the first instance and then compare that to what the Rangers board have done is nothing short of deluded.

That said, Call Kaye was a poor forum on which to discuss the The Rangers situation as she didn't have a scooby about most of it, for example when she accepted the point that Rangers could perhaps go to England. I don't blame her for ignorance of history recent or distant but if you know nothing of the background you shouldn't be trying to debate it, and certainly not publicly.

This. I may have woken up my elderly neighbour when I screamed "UTTER w****r" when this knob end said this. A caller to Call Kaye made the same point and talked about a precedent having already been set. I thought then that he had to be the stupidest man in Scotland but another has stepped up to the plate.

So what does sporting integrity mean? No, I am not directly comparing Rangers' current situation to that of Aberdeen and Falkirk's all those years ago. However, how can clubs in a league be so keen to decipher sporting integrity from commercial interests when a club who won promotion through sporting achievements were denied because of that leagues commercial interests?

Watch the media go for Green now, anybody that thinks yesterdays Record "ally walking away" was not orchestratedby the "Walter" camp contact me as I have a magic beans to sell

I actually surprised how much Scottish football has been twisted to suit Rangers, it will be interesting to see how much they will get away with

I'm wondering given that there are ongoing costs at ibrox and mp as well as 150 ppl to bepaid and utilities etc which presumably newco i now liabe for and they newco has no sponsors no TV money noticket revenue no credit at bank and maybe no league to play in....how long before newco slips into administration???

If you had £800 million would you want to hand it over to Cameron and his cronies?

So you condone the non payment of taxes? thats not very british of you is it? i thought you c***s were fond of the whole british thing?

I'm wondering given that there are ongoing costs at ibrox and mp as well as 150 ppl to bepaid and utilities etc which presumably newco i now liabe for and they newco has no sponsors no TV money noticket revenue no credit at bank and maybe no league to play in....how long before newco slips into administration???

im guessing theyre banking on being let straight back into the spl. They only have to survive until the new season. if they get in, theyll be debt free and will have plenty of sponsor offers.

Why do you think Charlie is so desperate to con the players into staying, their transfer values are the only working capital he has.

Because Sky are not interested in the SPL without the OF. The SPL would have to look to the BBC or God forgive STV to come up with a deal. I am not sure you would get anything near 50% of the Sky deal. Sorry i am not being honest there...I know you would get nothing near 50% of the Sky deal

Or Premier Sports, or BT, or ESPN as a stand alone. There's always more than one way out.

We all survived after setanta folded. Getting a new deal with another network now wouldn't kill us all like you think.

The SFA and SPL are the one's who, owing to them having no back bone, have allowed this situation to descend into the farce we see before our eyes.

Rangers should be, at the very least, suspended from any football whatsoever for a minimum of 12 months and relegated to the 3rd Division.

Bringing the game into disrepute ?, both OldCo and NewCo are making a mockery of the game in this country, suspend them until they get their house in order.

Yesterday was a total disgrace, carefully orchestrated but the delivery was badly executed, Walter Smith riding in to save the day, that was hilarious, I'm surprised he didn't appear riding a white horse, wearing nice shiny armour, draped in a union flag and playing a flute.

Pathetic, surely everyone can see the only way to calm this all down is to suspend them (or expulsion it's all good) then you will see who is interested in the club and maybe get the message through to the fans, the media and all the warring factions that enough is enough, this pantomime cannot be allowed to continue.

Because Sky are not interested in the SPL without the OF. The SPL would have to look to the BBC or God forgive STV to come up with a deal. I am not sure you would get anything near 50% of the Sky deal. Sorry i am not being honest there...I know you would get nothing near 50% of the Sky deal

ESPN already cover Scottish football without getting any Old Firm games.

Sky, while obviously they wouldn't want to continue paying the same amount, would more than likely still want to cover the SPL. They televise the Irish league for fucks sake, if they're broadcasting something with that little interest in it they're not likely to walk away from Scottish football altogether.

So you condone the non payment of taxes? thats not very british of you is it? i thought you c***s were fond of the whole british thing?

Why would he pay tax when he lives in Monaco?

Does Romanov pay tax on his wealth in this country?

ESPN already cover Scottish football without getting any Old Firm games.

Sky, while obviously they wouldn't want to continue paying the same amount, would more than likely still want to cover the SPL. They televise the Irish league for fucks sake, if they're broadcasting something with that little interest in it they're not likely to walk away from Scottish football altogether.

I have no doubt there will be a TV deal and it will be shared fairly among the clubs but it will be at a vastly reduced rate...I would think. We just don't know.

I was surprised at figures suggested by St Mirren that they could be down £500,000 pa without Rangers...Read it on here yesterday in a statement from the club or the consortium hoping to buy the club. I would have liked to have that broken down and explained as it looks to be twice as much as i would have thought

No. I would imagine he pays tax in the country where he made it. Poor analogy.

I am sure Jim McColl paid taxes whilst living here...I am sure the jobs he created boosted the economy and his employees would have made a small fortune for HMRC.

The point is he no longer lives here therefore does not have to pay anymore in tax here. Is that really so difficult to grasp? At least he is not jetting in every few months to promote Scottish Nationalism and telling the world how much he loves his country.

Does Dermott Desmond still pay his taxes in Ireland. God knows they could do with it. Maybe then they would stop coming to us with their begging bowls.

Perhaps, but no one can criticise McColl in that respect because of all the good work he's done in the engineering industry. Just hope Rangers benefit from his business expertise.

McColl doesn't really care about Scottish industry, he only cares about making money and enhancing his own reputation. Ask any employee of the original Clyde Blowers company what they think of him. Moved the business away from Clydebank and gradually moved the main production to Estonia and China.

He's to Scottish industry what Sean Connery is to Scottish film-making. Living abroad avoiding UK tax but wanting to interfere in Scottish life.

It will be interesting if Leggo. / Traynor etc do a thorough investigation of McColl's background. They'll find several dissolved companies and at least one liquidation. Won't hold my breath.