Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So who are the mystery three other players asking to leave then?

With the size of the squad, I would assume we have never heard of them.

Given the financial rigour of Rangers and their payments to players I would assume they have a couple on their books under the name of M. Mouse as well as Zizzy Zylkxolokov.

Putting the popcorn away for today.

It seems that f all is going to be done. I'm starting to wonder if the Administration is just a way to squirm out of paying any big debts. The Adminstrators have done nothing to cost cut. As said any staff which have left have done so voluntarily. I wouldn't be surprised if Craig Whyte has shares in Duff and Duffer.

suppose if the plan was always liquidation, then who cares how much debt they run up between now and the club ending. Thought that was illegal for administrastors though. I could handle it if the cut offs happen tomorrow, but I'm away out the country on thursday. I dont wanna miss this!

Don't see how: "SPL rules D9.3 and D1.13 impose a prohibition on players receiving payments for playing football or participating in an activity connected with football except where such payments are made in accordance with a form of contract approved by the SPL and require that all such contracts are submitted to the SPL within 14 days of being entered into"

Discretionary or not, they're still illegal.

The central issue in this case is whether the money received by Rangers’ employees from the EBT were wages for footballing activities. The reality and real substance of the case is that payments from the EBT were in the form of loans The reality is that the players currently still owe the trust and the loans are required to be paid back. Therefore, what Rangers argued at the BTC and which they will tell Doncaster is that the withdrawals from the EBTs are not wages, not contractual, not taxable and not contrary to SPL rules.