Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

my workmate is 1 of them. not told him his money has vanished along with his club.

Don't worry your work mate (are you sure of this) is a ignorant bigot. I'm sure you will sleep without telling it.

I maybe cynical but with all the spl cartel clubs voting no I hope they don't think they can just admit then relegated their toxic waste into sfl1........

Where are we seeing this about Inverness? Their site says they will consult with fans.

Kilmarnock are really in the position to shaft themselves totally, once we have the confirmed number of no votes, anyone voting yes or seen to have been voting yes will be boycotted by Celtic fans - so they could end up with no Rangers away support and no Celtic away support either which I imagine would severely screw them.

Obviously it's from the most ridiculous of sources, but if it's true then the logical conclusion is that the SFA consider Sevco Rangers to be a completely new entity.

I think it's simpler than that, it just complicates the Div1 compromise deal, and I think Regan will use the criminal investigation as an excuse to drop it.

Part of the reasons given by the tribunal definitely point to the possibility of criminal behaviour:

That in the course of the latter part of August 2011 Mr Ken Olverman was contacted by two senior officials of the Customs and Excise (VAT)division of HMRC. Their enquiry was in relation to invoices which hadbeen discovered in the business records of Ticketus which bore to have been raised by Rangers FC. The invoices related to sums of many millions of pounds and the VAT element in each of them had been the subject of offset by Ticketus in the submission of its VAT returns for the last period. Such was the size and impact of this offset of VAT which had been paid by Ticketus in respect of these invoices,that Ticketus had made a claim for payment of a substantial sum to it by HMRC by way of recovery of VAT paid.

That Mr Ken Olverman, the Financial Controller of Rangers FC had noknowledge of the existence of the invoices purportedly raised byRangers FC. The raising of such invoices was a matter which fellsquarely within his sphere of responsibility and it was inconceivablethat such invoices for such large sums could be raised and issued from the finance office of Rangers FC without his knowledge. He had no knowledge of any agreement with Ticketus which might give rise to any invoice within the period concerned. He was unaware of anycurrent transaction with Ticketus and knew that no sums of money had been received in recent times from Ticketus into any accounts of Rangers FC.

That in the course of September 2011 Mr Ken Olverman had sight of the said invoices. The nature and format of the invoices was entirely different to that of invoices raised within the finance office of Rangers

FC. He was of the view that it appeared as though “Clip Art” computer processes had been involved in their creation. They did not appear to him to resemble any invoices he had ever seen issued by Rangers FC.Having sight of the invoices confirmed his view even further that they had not been created within the finance office of Rangers FC.

My link

So Toad in the hole Michael Johnston is wetting his pants at the Newcorpse zombiefans not going to Rugby Park?

Surely they do not bring that much in Mike?

Why is it that Killie are in such dire straits that it takes a letter of emotional blackmail to get their fans to vote yes?

If killie haven't budgeted for this scenario (newcorpse dying) and not being in the SPL they he is a muppet of the first degree.

I am sure I do not need to remind anyone from Ayrshire that the annual cup tie between the forces of right (Ayr) and the forces of Kilmarnock

have been called off because Kilmarnock have the Ayrshire cup listed as an asset of theirs.

I.e. they have so little capital they needed to list a diddy cup they won on their balance sheet.

Killie had lived beyond their means for quite a while in the 90s and early 2000s, however they have tried very hard to get

their house in order and live within their means. For that they are to be commended, they have paid their debt etc. Unlike

The Newcorpse.

However if they are still too financially dependant on two games against the Newcorpse they really deserve all they get. it shows

a real lack of foresight for what has happened to the team formerly known as Rangers.

We have flirted with financial ruin before and if our cousins down the road must go through what we have then so be it.

Michael Johnston bear in mind its really fun bouncing between division one and two.

Still could be worse at least its not the third.....

Raith hold the record for scoring the most goals in a season in Britain. Does that make us the most freeflowing football team within our nation? huh.gif In fairness, if it was Rangers fans, they'd probably come out with some stupid justification for it!

Then release a DVD special

Inverness confirmed as a NO. That's definitely 5 against the newco, so they won't be in the SPL next season unless a few bottles crash.

Source? This is all they have on their website:

The Rangers situation has resulted in a huge volume of letters, emails and phone calls to me from Caley Thistle supporters -- so many that I cannot reply individually, though all have been given due consideration and the board fully appreciates our fans' strength of feeling on the issue.

Similarly, all the posts on the fans' website have been noted. This week we consulted with the Supporters Trust, whose input is particularly important to us.

It is fair to say that those who say that Rangers have been punished sufficiently are in an extremely small minority of all the representations received.

The directors of the club have taken all the comments on board. Our final decision on the issue will be taken based on the views of supporters and the Supporters Trust combined with what we think is best for our club from a business perspective and for Scottish football in general.

This is an extremely busy period, otherwise I would have taken time to reply to all of our fans who have taken the trouble to contact me. Their views will not be arbitrarily dismissed.

Meanwhile, as events continue to unfold, the board will continue to assess the situation on an ongoing basis.

Thanks for your input, Kenny Cameron

I get that problem too. I think the thread is simply too big!

Something in the support forum about it - they think it's because the thread is so long

It's too big, the search feature is also knackered in it.

Cheers dudes.

What does a football club's "means" entail if they can't use gate receipts for budgetary purposes? If you can't make projections based on something that a club has detailed records for probably going back decades, I can't really see an alternative when you take TV money out the equation. Pie sales are pretty fluid as well depending on the kick-off being moved for TV and what if people don't like the new strip or the local garage can't afford the hoarding they've had for 5 years.

I'm sure one of their fans will pop along from the SFL3 forum to correct me if wrong but, I believe that East Stirlingshire budget on the basis of sponsorship deals and minimum sums guaranteed from the SFL/SFA. This is the working budget for the start of the season and used to determine player contracts etc. From that point any sums generated over and above, including gate money and fundraising, can be used come the January if there is a need to bring in a player(s).

That would be their "means" and is less risky than the projecting ahead method. Alright it means that they are in the bottom tier of the SFL but it could well be above sevco/newco at the start of this season and level with Kilmarnock by next if they don't get straightened out.

Where are we seeing this about Inverness? Their site says they will consult with fans.

Kilmarnock are really in the position to shaft themselves totally, once we have the confirmed number of no votes, anyone voting yes or seen to have been voting yes will be boycotted by Celtic fans - so they could end up with no Rangers away support and no Celtic away support either which I imagine would severely screw them.

Who?

Last I heard they will liquidated, no more,gizump, thought in the wind, DEAD, I'm sure there is more you could add, for entertainment onlybiggrin.gif

OK, caught up now.

One.- Kilmarnock are in no danger of going under.

Two.- IMO, what MJ is telling stakeholders with this document is to expect a reduced playing squad.

I'm quite sure he knows Sevco 5088 won't be in the SPL, so tha probably means no signings this summer, the Tessalar deal will be off and the worst of all is it is unlikely Deano will be offered a deal. I hope I'm wrong on that one.

And yes, supporters spending a few pounds more on match day in any of the facilities will definitely help off set loses from visiting supporters of oldc/|Sevco. I most certainly will buy the new top and some more stuff from the shop. An extra pint would go down nicely as well.

I agree with this. If they're a new club as we all know they are, then why should we treat them like the old club? That would basically just make us as bad as the Rangers fans who refuse to believe their club has died. As far as I'm concerned, new club, fresh start. If we opposed their entry for sporting reasons (i.e. another candidate had a most sustainable plan going forwards) then fair enough, but if we don't let them in, just because they used to be Rangers, then Rangers have a legitimate cause for complaint to the authorities (whether that be UEFA, FIFA, CAS, or CoS). Sevco should be treated like any other new club.

No, they should be treated like any other phoenix club. Like Airdrie United when the SFL spot became vacant in 2002: thanks but no thanks.

Or would it be acceptable for Stirling Albion, Dunfermline, Livingston (again), Dundee (again) to walk away from their debts, form a NewCo and just take the hit of being admitted into the Third? This is why phoenix clubs should be left to rot in the Juniors until they have earned sufficient integrity to gain membership.