Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Followed this whole Newco saga for many weeks now. Have heard all the Scottish perspectives but one area that has not been explored is how the whole situation is viewed by English and Welsh fans, probably because views from south of the border are not particularly important. However, thought it would be of interest to you guys to hear a different take on things. The reason why I have listed Raith Rovers as my club is because of the stance of the Raith chairman Turnbull Hutton. Somebody asked earlier why he was so different to the other chairman - the simple answer to this is leadership. He has had the integrity to stand up and state what everyone else is thinking, despite the knowledge that the whole newco saga could potentially have a negative impact on his club. It is fantastic to see the response of supporters of other clubs saying that they will go to Raith's pre season friendlies or donate money to the club. It would be truly fitting if the stance for integrity shown by Raith Rovers actually yielded financial reward.

I have never been to a Scottish game but am travelling up to Mintlaw at the end of November. If Raith are at home, I will go to their game. If not, I will try and attend another of the clubs who lead the way on the newco issue - whether it be Hearts,or Peterhead.

People seem to be under the impression that the interest in the SPL is being jeopardised by kicking 'Rangers' out. However, I can assure you that from south of the border I have perceived the SPL to have become increasingly boring over recent years, something that was inevitably going to happen after the instigation of the 11-1 voting structure. The current issues have actually reignited an interest in Scottish football that had long since died. However, should the newco be allowed to do anything other than apply for SPL3 along with any other potential applicants, or be thrown out altogether, it is an interest that would rapidly die again. If newco are forced to go through the proper procedures however, which will have implications on the dominance and control of Celtic, Scotland may well have a competitive championship again in three or four years.

Let's hope the chairman follow Hutton's lead and do the right thing.

nb I am a Sheffield United and Newport County supporter so I know a thing or two about what is going on. Newport were forced down to the Hellenic League after being liquidated (yes, most of you will have to look that up because the league is so low that only local folk in southwest England have heard of it) and Sheffield United of course are all too familiar with Charles Green. Indeed, I remember a representative of the Sheffield United supporters club doing an interview with Charles Green at the point when his name first came to light - it did not hold Green in a positive light!!

Edited by WelshCelt2011

Yes, nothing like a good old Stalinist purge to help bring all parties together after a crisis is there? dry.gif

Don't know about bringing parties together put a purge is definitely necessary.

Joseph Stalin = good guy

Why? He's the Retard's version of Adrian Durham. He's not even very good at that though. You can't imagine his bosses can be too happy at how far off the mark he is - unless what he writes is intended to appeal to a target audience and increase sales. But that wouldn't ever be the case, would it?!

Not a problem with him staying with the Record. It's got to s stage now where only one type of Football fan will take his writings seriously, in a "news" paper that everybody now know what they are all about.

However, he has to be moved on from the BBC. For the past few years his phone-in nonsense has been given pride of place on BBC Spostsound. Instead of interviews with all the managers across the Leagues like we used to get after the games on a Saturday, we hear from GREEN and BLUE before hurriedly moving on to Traynor's Your Call.

Surely after all his pish they can't still try and justify his place in their schedule?

How about answering: I'll use my season ticket money, my time club together with like minded souls, get together and see what we can do about getting rid of the festering parasites with a view to building a brave new world as opposed to; 'Natch' I'll feck off and join the crowd next door (the ones being accused of nicking all the SKY money in the first place).

As for the last comment - come on is that the best you can really do?

(Edit: I know you're one of the good guys; but seriously I come on here for a laugh, wind a few up, express a few opinions - nothing less and nothing more .. I'm not on here to boost my ego or validate myself)

Edit2: afterthought:

Do you mean 'paying season money all these years and attending matches' is fighting?

When you say 'continue to fight' what exactly are you referring to?

The fact is that if SevcoFC get back in (anywhere other than the third division [which is a travesty in itself]) they are in. Back for good. That, for me, would mean the baw was burst. The 'fight' was over. Once the deed has been done there would be no way we could ever reverse it.

That's why I think that Poz's attitude is spot on. If the powers that be shaft us with this, is there honestly anything else left for us to do?

They've won. We've lost.

...and by 'fighting', I mean everything that's been done so far, since Feb 14th. All the concentrated efforts wee made to ensure the powers that be know exactly what we feel. Perhaps you're right Dhen, perhaps 'fighting' wasnae the right word to use.

Lastly, cheers for labelling me as a decent guy on here. I'd say the same about you...well, youre as decent as a Celtic fan can be ;-)

I don't give a fcuk what you think of my plan. I've done my bit for my club for 36 years. I've been a Newcastle fan since the days of open terracing and just before Gascoigne and Waddle appeared on the scene. I try to get down to St James Park as often as possible. I don't know, maybe I won't go so far as to spend it on an ST. I'm going down to Wembley again for the NFL and taking out corporate hospitality again. It's not cheap, but it's a fantastic day. Maybe I could use the money to help go over to New York and take in a Jets or Giants game. Maybe I'll buy a new set of Callaway irons. Maybe I'll just buy more DVDs and CDs (before downloads wipe them off the face of the earth forever). Maybe I'll buy more tickets for the likes of Springsteen, Costello, Noel Gallagher and Rush...

Maybe I'll decide what to do with my hard-earned that doesn't involve giving it to a corrupt and rigged 'sporting competition' like the SPL, which exists solely for two member clubs.

Whatever I decide to do, I'll be happy in my heart that it is the right decision.

You'll need all your ST money to buy a couple of tickets for the next tour!!!

I'll be giving it a miss.

All this shite about them staying in the SPL, or going into the 1st, IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

Remember when we were all waiting for the CVA decision, the media were reporting that it would be accepted and everything would be fine. And look what happened there.

This is just their final push, to try and keep the myth alive. Keep the faith people. Honesty and integrity will prevail.

Edited by Jagsman411971

I'm sure jim traynor thinks turnbull hutton is either a 14 year old keyboard warrior or a self publicising fanny.

Traynor is of course an apologist who is fighting for his job.

People on this thread working themselves into a frenzy at the moment. I believe there are enough good, honest and intelligent people in the SFL clubs to do the right thing. Do we really think they're a bunch of simpletons that are going to believe everything Doncaster and Longmuir tell them. The signs are they have more sense and more integrity.

Equally in the SPL I'm sure there are meetings and lobbying going on behind closed doors, anyone who doesn't believe that is naive. But colours have been pinned to the mast by too many club chairmen now. Can't see them being swayed.

Stop being so fucking negative. We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Aye, right you are Franklin. Ex American Presidents famous quotes forum for this pish.

You'll need all your ST money to buy a couple of tickets for the next tour!!!

I'll be giving it a miss.

How much do the tickets go for now? I went to see them in the early eighties and I think the ticket was about a tenner.

I don't give a fcuk what you think of my plan. I've done my bit for my club for 36 years. I've been a Newcastle fan since the days of open terracing and just before Gascoigne and Waddle appeared on the scene. I try to get down to St James Park as often as possible. I don't know, maybe I won't go so far as to spend it on an ST. I'm going down to Wembley again for the NFL and taking out corporate hospitality again. It's not cheap, but it's a fantastic day. Maybe I could use the money to help go over to New York and take in a Jets or Giants game. Maybe I'll buy a new set of Callaway irons. Maybe I'll just buy more DVDs and CDs (before downloads wipe them off the face of the earth forever). Maybe I'll buy more tickets for the likes of Springsteen, Costello, Noel Gallagher and Rush...

Maybe I'll decide what to do with my hard-earned that doesn't involve giving it to a corrupt and rigged 'sporting competition' like the SPL, which exists solely for two member clubs.

Whatever I decide to do, I'll be happy in my heart that it is the right decision.

Can I borrow twenty quid? :ph34r:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in anger and were hosed down in bullshit and corporate speak.

@bbcjimspence - Neil Doncaster about to start presentation to SFL.

Oh, that'd explain it......

Is he? He's been the most outspoken about it, but with the sole exception of the Kilmarnock bloke, everyone is leaning to a greater or lesser degree in the same direction.

Johnston's actually made some (relatively) encouraging noises in the last week as fans' opposition has pressured him to do so. The one who's relly grinding my gears is the trappist monk in charge at rangers' business partners. mad.gif

Apologies if this is a duplicate but this thread moves so fast

Statement from East Fife

East Fife FC want to make clear our views on the current “Newco” situation as it relates to SFL membership. We have taken into account the views of over 500 of our supporters who responded to our survey.

We retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us in this regard. The board of directors of East Fife FC, however, is unanimous in its view that we shall not support any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One. Any “Newco” must follow the normal application route into the bottom tier.

Sid Collumbine

Chairman, East Fife FC

Pwoud, vewy pwoud.... :)

Chicks view from 2002

"When they conduct the post-mortem on the death of the once-beautiful game in this country, there will be only one verdict: suicide.

The killing of Scottish football will be self-inflicted. But it won't have fallen on a sword or swallowed an overdose.

This is death by financial strangulation - and it put the noose around its own neck.

What have we done to the old man? For 100 years, he strode along fit and healthy and financially stable, but now he is all but battered into submission, ready to give up the ghost and I don't know whether to be angry or sad....

But I have a problem with clubs who can eject their debt by going into administration and then resume normal service in the same division while former employees - and not just players - are left drowning in a sea of debt. It is morally wrong. "

My, my Mr Young. How one's opinion changes over time..

John McVeigh is a tit

That's a great find - his nose should be well and truly rubbed in that article !

How much do the tickets go for now? I went to see them in the early eighties and I think the ticket was about a tenner.

£75 i'm sure. I've seen them every tour since 1979 but they're really taking the piss with that price.

Back on topic I have several away West Ham games planned and wont give scottish football a second thought while I enjoy a proper game.

Abstentions do not count against or for in a majority vote .. If all but three teams abstain and then two teams vote YES .. they are in by two votes to one.

That's my reading of it ... Lets say they had 22 voting YES, 5 vote NO and the rest abstain. What exactly is the result then?

(I am presuming that the rules state a simple majority)

I'm pretty sure I read on Twitter earlier that both Dundee and Airdrie were to vote 'No' today.

It would appear I am dyslexic :unsure:

Edited by DeeGeeOneHamer

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in anger and were hosed down in bullshit and corporate speak.

@bbcjimspence - Neil Doncaster about to start presentation to SFL.

Oh, that'd explain it......

Hi Diddies!

Neil here to tell you you're all f*cked if you don't allow Rangers into the First Division. F*cked. Dead. Gone. Football is over because we will lose lots of money. Money. It's all about the money, money, money. Honey. Did I mentioned the inevitable FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON?