Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm pretty sure that this isn't from the US. It looks like Chivas USA but its not - different jersey, crest and sponsor.

I think based on google it's a Colombian team. Still have no idea what is going on though.

That picture isn't from an MLS game. You wouldn't get into an MLS game wearing swastika gear. It's from a Junior Barranquilla game in Colombia. And no, I have no idea what it's referring to.

That's me telt, I was sure that was from a Chivas game.

Still though... Nazi Weed Pope.

brian mclauchlin@BBCBMcLauchlinLivingston chairman says clubs warned of "financial Armageddon" if vote goes against Rangers newco more @bbcsportsound

Retweeted by Pie and Bovril

If 'financial Armageddon' means that Scottish football will not be able to continue in its present form, I'm fine with that. The current set-up is broken, disfunctional and in serious need of reform. Nobody can be sure about what's ahead but this is surely the right time for change.

Adjourned til next fuckin Thursday?!

I reckon the SFA know this is doomed to fail and are scraping the bottom of the barrel now, ready to postpone this as long as possible so they can send a letter to Spartans, Gala etc when everyone's away on summer holiday. This way they can let Rangers back in under the new "nobody else answered so we had to give the place away" rule.

I know I'm a bit late in the day with this. Chat finished a good few pages ago on the subject, but I've only just caught up.

I can't remember the source, so this is from memory. I think Setanta had in the region of 150,000 subscribers in Scotland before it started showing EPL games. By the time it crashed there were 250,000 subscribers in Scotland.

On the assumption that the majority of the early subscribers in Scotland were due to the SPL coverage then you could use this as a less than accurate ballpark figure.

150,000 people paying £10 a month would give revenue of £18M a year. Obviously there would be a number of costs to be taken into account with regards setup/running which would run into the Millions. If less than £5M in costs then this would be a net gain on the current TV deal. Advertising income could boost this slightly.

However, it's very unlikely to ever happen because of the unknowns (ie. the number of subscribers you would actually get) and because of the delay of the money coming in (high initial costs, time to build subscriber base).

For while I've been saying that there may be merit in a Scottish Sports channel. SPL TV would be very limited in scope, and although the SPL dominates the Scottish sporting landscape, it's not the only game in town. And it would be extremely difficult to fill an entire schedule with only the SPL even with chat and magazine shows thrown in.

Whether it would be worth trying to deal with SRU for Warriors/Edinburgh games, or internationals is questionable as they would try to drive a hard bargain. But even if that was a no-go you might get buy in from the small (but often dedicated) followings of some of the minority sports if given decent exposure. Get a couple of thousand subscribers for sports coverage you could pick up for peanuts.

Maybe it's just pie in the sky, but if I won the Euromillions and had a spare £20M or so kicking around I think it'd be a worthwhile venture.

Possible coverage for Caledonia Sports TV © HanoMaSano 2012:

• SPL - Live games throughout weekend and good quality, in depth preview show. Long Highlights packages Sat/Sun night
  • SFL - 1 Live matches a week, extended highlights of 1/2 games. Shorter preview/reaction shows.
  • All Domestic Football - Saturday Afternoon Panel show (Soccer Saturday equivalent)
  • SFA - Scotland Internationals - could be added once the station was established if money was available.
  • SRU - Scotland Internationals - same as above, not sure what the BBC pay for these rights just now.
  • SRU - Glasgow/Edinburgh game on a Friday night
  • EIHL - 1 Live match a week (Matches generally Sat/Sun/Wed evenings) choice of Clan/Stars/Capitals/Flyers
  • Shinty - time wise clashes with football - could show extended highlights of 1/2 matches on a week night.
  • Golf - Pro tours bought up by sky, but could do a mag style show "Scotland's Hidden Gems" highlighting lesser known great courses across Scotland (there are many)
  • Curling World Tour - maybe it's just me, but I'd tune in to see coverage of Scottish teams competing in these events. Fantastic Sport.
  • Lawn Bowls - Very popular sport in Scotland, some coverage could be possible.
  • Fishing - Some sort of magazine style show would be possible again.
  • Cricket - Not sure if it would be possible to buy Saltires matches separate from sky's domestic coverage.

There are many other things which could be included every now and again, possibly Speedway, Martial Arts (Scotland often has entrants competing at a high level in Judo for example), Scottish Open Badminton etc.

I may not have fully thought this through, but I'm sure there must be some way of making it doable. Getting a Scottish spin on sports on TV would be refreshing. Listening to the Mark Lawrenson's of this world on commentary would drive you to drink.

Good points and I'd be happy to pay over £10 per month for that.

This idea could be extended (and hopefully already is somewhere) to a general Scottish digital channel - as well as the above there could be music (up and coming Scottish bands) festival coverage (T, Rockness, Belladrum etc), news, current affairs and so on and so forth.

I'd cancel Sky for that.

Sorry to go off topic a bit.

Not up to them to invite non league applications for a vacancy though- clubs themselves will apply.

IMO Spartans have decided too early not to apply. Can't see Gala being realistic contenders. Cove are ruled out owing to their new ground planning, otherwise they'd be strong contenders..

would suspect Edinburgh City, maybe Preston, perhaps a Highland league club would apply for the vacancy. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Spartans changed their mind if the SFL3 application process goes ahead.

If Sevco lose this SFL1 case, which seems likely, then they have a very short time to turn this around. They have no accounts, nothing set up, no community inolvement, women's teams, blah blah. factor in how much Rangers seem to have pissed off the majority of the SFL chairmen in the last month, and a strong application from a non league team will give them a real problem.

SFL clubs need to start commenting publicly. It will not do to have Sevco 5088 voted in without accountability, because I for one will not hand over money to any single club who panders to them.

Malcolm Murray picked a belter of a day to issue his apology. Talk about a good day to bury bad news. 4 months too late and the wrong person doing it. Apparently he says Ally McCoist has nothing to apologise for. I'm not entirely sure Mr Drysdale & Mr Turnbull would concur with that sentiment.

lets face it they are all shiting it and will get away with what evber they propose, i hope im wrong but i can see it happening, the only new "rangers" in the sfl should be cove rangers when they apply for the vacant position!

Still doesn't make them responsible as to how the Scottish game spends the money they provide .. I honestly fail to see any possible link as to how that makes them responsible.

They buy the product at price agreed by both parties. They air the games and make their profit.

The SPL and the clubs receive the money.

How does the above well thought out argument apply ... honestly enlighten me. Try a few paragraphs this time just to expand it this time and give us all a clue.

Though I suspect it will not changes SKY's responsibility one iota ...

Just who the feck are you ? SKY's marketing director ?.

SKY have a commitment to customers to provide a product at a fair price as in government regulations and guidelines.

It is also written into law that broadcasting companies have to take into consideration,that they provide proper services for all communities across their broadcasting regions and is not just for the BBC that bit.

You may think your right that SKY can offer what they like but this is not the case as it would be devastating for SKY to be on the headlines of every other broadcaster in the UK for short selling one of their products in favour of another service which does not really need the financing.In fact if SKY got cocky and offered us a worse deal for our SPL then the SPL could actually go bust and that is not in SKY's best interests to kill off a league.

This idea that SKY will cut 40% or even close to 30% will not put SKY in the best light and not do one iota to enhance SKY's image to provide sport with the money it needs to enhance and flourish with.

SKY will also be aware of the newco's situation if it does not get into the SPL season 2013/2014 or is still in the lower divisions for a few years more.SKY will be afraid to cut the TV revenue at all if the SPL goes tits up because they drastically cut the money and then the SFL starts to crumble soon after.

Do you actually think SKY wants to be known as the axe that finally killed off Scottish Football and not because some cheating team got liquidated ? the ramifications towards SKY by government intervention on why our league collapsed for the sake of a few million more when SKY makes billions is embarrassing for SKY.Yes if our SPL & SFL collapsed then it becomes a global news phenomenon to the embarrassment of SKY,"SKY corporation kills of a shitty backwater league in Scotland but makes millions from it's country for to invest in the EPL" that don't look too good does it.

SKY CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY LESS :D.

If 'financial Armageddon' means that Scottish football will not be able to continue in its present form, I'm fine with that. The current set-up is broken, disfunctional and in serious need of reform. Nobody can be sure about what's ahead but this is surely the right time for change.

I love how they can state this 'financial Armageddon' zombie Rangers left a trail of debt due to the total mismanagement of that club for over 20 years. What these people are advocating is to keep spending money clubs haven't got.

Yes the reality of the financial difficulties will be a harsh but it will help the longevity of the individual clubs and the game as a whole.

wait wait wait

im reading back through this mornings posts

SPFL is a proposal

Doncaster wants to deal with the newco problem..............BY SETTING UP A NEWCO laugh.giflaugh.gif

(appologies for typing like leggo)