Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

To get elected to the league the applicant club requires a 51% share of those voting.

To change the Associations rules a 76% vote is required.

If, as seems to be the case, Sevco don`t need to submit 3 years audited accounts then the only thing they require is SFA membership to apply for membership. The argument is that there is actualy nothing in the rules to stop Sevco from applying for direct entry to SFL1as an applicant club. It has obviously never been a remote possibility in the past and the SFL constitution has nothing to cover this eventuality.

The SFL been caught out by circumstance and I think that this could legally be passed on a 51% vote as no rule change is required. You can bet though that from the end of the coming season there will be a clause which states that applicant clubs must enter SFL3.

Not sure a 51% would stand up to legal scrutiny if they try to parachute newco into first division. Would only take one team or interested party to g to CaS and postpone start of season. Too much of a gray area...no doubt exactly why sfl had their lawyers in but then any teams could apply to sfl and bypass promotion ...they would be creating a terrible precedent ..effectively season fixing rather than just match fixing like in Italy

I expect to get a lot of shit for this, but whilst I would prefer to see Rangers in the Third Division relegating them to the first wouldn't be cataclysmic - to me anyway.

But I still expect third to be the likely scenario.

I shared your view initially. Had the SFL made a gutless decision of their own volition to vote Rangers into the 1st Division, I wouldn't have been happy, but I would still have continued to go to Killie games. But now that it has become clear that the SPL are trying to blackmail and bully them, anything but the bottom tier will see me chucking it in favour of Spartans or someone else through here.

There would be finanical armageddon.

Diddies getting into financial difficulties and slipping out of the SPL to be replaced by another diddy is not armageddon, unless armageddon = refreshing.

Broon been on the sauce again?

Green has been meeting Clydesdale Bank Premier League clubs in recent days in a bid to persuade them to accept his new company's application to acquire Rangers' share in the competition.

Reports claim Green has offered to accept points deductions and a transfer embargo in order to secure SPL status.

Brown is leading an attempted fans' buyout of Green's company, who bought the business and assets of Rangers for £5.5million last month and he criticised Green's approach.

"Green has surrendered," Brown said.

"I think Peter Lawwell had a dream about keeping Rangers in the SPL, but only if he could make sure they would never have any chance of winning the title, by giving them a points deduction for the next few seasons.

"That keeps the value of the SPL for Celtic and means they can maintain a big budget for players, so they can not only win the SPL, but also have a really good chance of getting into the Champions League groups for the next four years.

"That would bring Celtic in almost £100million and all the while Rangers would have to pay SPL wages while being banned from Europe for the next three years and also having no chance of winning the title.

"By also surrendering and agreeing to the SFA transfer embargo, Green will leave Rangers in with no players and Ally McCoist will actually face a fight to avoid relegation."

Brown is pushing ahead with plans to mount a fans' ownership bid after Green's consortium rejected two bids from different parties since taking over.

"Right now I am putting in place the best legal team we can get, so that, we can do this in a proper corporate way, with supporters knowing that when they put money in to buy themselves a share in Rangers, their cash is safe.

"My plan will put Rangers men in charge of Rangers. The type of people who will not surrender to Peter Lawwell and Celtic the way Green has surrendered to them."

Brown and former Rangers vice-chairman Donald Findlay are awaiting a meeting with Ibrox chairman Malcolm Murray after demanding to see ownership documents relating to the club.

Murray pulled out of a meeting on Monday and Rangers said one would take place later in the week, while Green later told supporters all of their questions would be answered in the next week.

Edited to add..this is without Celtic making a statement, can you imagine the carnage if we did

lionel_hutz1.jpg

Edited by one m in Motherwell

Broon been on the sauce again?

Green has been meeting Clydesdale Bank Premier League clubs in recent days in a bid to persuade them to accept his new company's application to acquire Rangers' share in the competition.

Reports claim Green has offered to accept points deductions and a transfer embargo in order to secure SPL status.

Brown is leading an attempted fans' buyout of Green's company, who bought the business and assets of Rangers for £5.5million last month and he criticised Green's approach.

"Green has surrendered," Brown said.

"I think Peter Lawwell had a dream about keeping Rangers in the SPL, but only if he could make sure they would never have any chance of winning the title, by giving them a points deduction for the next few seasons.

"That keeps the value of the SPL for Celtic and means they can maintain a big budget for players, so they can not only win the SPL, but also have a really good chance of getting into the Champions League groups for the next four years.

"That would bring Celtic in almost £100million and all the while Rangers would have to pay SPL wages while being banned from Europe for the next three years and also having no chance of winning the title.

"By also surrendering and agreeing to the SFA transfer embargo, Green will leave Rangers in with no players and Ally McCoist will actually face a fight to avoid relegation."

Brown is pushing ahead with plans to mount a fans' ownership bid after Green's consortium rejected two bids from different parties since taking over.

"Right now I am putting in place the best legal team we can get, so that, we can do this in a proper corporate way, with supporters knowing that when they put money in to buy themselves a share in Rangers, their cash is safe.

"My plan will put Rangers men in charge of Rangers. The type of people who will not surrender to Peter Lawwell and Celtic the way Green has surrendered to them."

Brown and former Rangers vice-chairman Donald Findlay are awaiting a meeting with Ibrox chairman Malcolm Murray after demanding to see ownership documents relating to the club.

Murray pulled out of a meeting on Monday and Rangers said one would take place later in the week, while Green later told supporters all of their questions would be answered in the next week.

Edited to add..this is without Celtic making a statement, can you imagine the carnage if we did

Carnage like "brown is a paranoid idiot, we've already stated publicly that we will vote against any newco's application to the spl"?

Frightening stuff indeed. Just imagine

Why can't they stop pissing about and get Green telt. Its not for him to be making offers, he should have has his Sevco arse booted out of football by now.

The season is a few weeks away yet there's a load of clubs in limbo, sevco have no team and our esteemed chairmen, Cockwomble etc keep delaying growing some balls and doing what they gotta do. Utter shambles.