Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

To recap then.

So of the thirty SFL clubs, the situation is this:

Won't Vote Over Conflict Of Interest: Airdrie and Dundee.

Down to 28 voting.

No SFL1 Parachute for the Orcs:

Annan Athletic, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, Falkirk, Morton, Peterhead, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

18 left to get their 16 from.

Dithering but likely to be burnt at the stake by their fans if they vote "yes" after 1964 And All That:

Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir.

14 left to get their 16 from!

Likely To Vote Yes Despite Denying Any Decision Has Been Made: Partick Thistle

"Dunno, Sir!"

Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr United, Dumbarton, East Stirlingshire, Elgin City, Forfar, Hamilton, Livingston, Montrose, Queens Park, Queen Of The South

Bear in mind that of the non-declared twelve (with Ayr, Forfar and Queen Of The South the strongest suspects of the "lubbed arses" camp), they have to weight up the risk of voting Yes when it requires at least two from the 1964 clubs to vote "yes" to have any chance of succeeding and incurring the wrath of their fans and sponsors in doing so, and for all the Division 3 clubs to decide they don't want a season's worth of easy gate money from the Orcs.

Nope, another cunning plan is at home to Mr Cock Up.

Why suspect Queen of the South, they have very little to gain by backing Rangers

1341329188[/url]' post='6396817']

What the f**k is going on there? Can someone please explain?

I know the swastika was a peace symbol, but what about the rest?

I'm pretty sure that this isn't from the US. It looks like Chivas USA but its not - different jersey, crest and sponsor.

I think based on google it's a Colombian team. Still have no idea what is going on though.

Regarding a dedicated SPL TV channel.

Does anyone know the exact number of fans within the Scottish game that would guarantee to pay for a dedicated channel with a % of subscriptions and % of the profits going back into the clubs via the SPL or whoever?

Would you pay three years subscriptions upfront?

What is the maximum you would pay to access all the games in the SPL each year via subscription?

Does anyone know the answers?

I know I'm a bit late in the day with this. Chat finished a good few pages ago on the subject, but I've only just caught up.

I can't remember the source, so this is from memory. I think Setanta had in the region of 150,000 subscribers in Scotland before it started showing EPL games. By the time it crashed there were 250,000 subscribers in Scotland.

On the assumption that the majority of the early subscribers in Scotland were due to the SPL coverage then you could use this as a less than accurate ballpark figure.

150,000 people paying £10 a month would give revenue of £18M a year. Obviously there would be a number of costs to be taken into account with regards setup/running which would run into the Millions. If less than £5M in costs then this would be a net gain on the current TV deal. Advertising income could boost this slightly.

However, it's very unlikely to ever happen because of the unknowns (ie. the number of subscribers you would actually get) and because of the delay of the money coming in (high initial costs, time to build subscriber base).

For while I've been saying that there may be merit in a Scottish Sports channel. SPL TV would be very limited in scope, and although the SPL dominates the Scottish sporting landscape, it's not the only game in town. And it would be extremely difficult to fill an entire schedule with only the SPL even with chat and magazine shows thrown in.

Whether it would be worth trying to deal with SRU for Warriors/Edinburgh games, or internationals is questionable as they would try to drive a hard bargain. But even if that was a no-go you might get buy in from the small (but often dedicated) followings of some of the minority sports if given decent exposure. Get a couple of thousand subscribers for sports coverage you could pick up for peanuts.

Maybe it's just pie in the sky, but if I won the Euromillions and had a spare £20M or so kicking around I think it'd be a worthwhile venture.

Possible coverage for Caledonia Sports TV © HanoMaSano 2012:

• SPL - Live games throughout weekend and good quality, in depth preview show. Long Highlights packages Sat/Sun night
  • SFL - 1 Live matches a week, extended highlights of 1/2 games. Shorter preview/reaction shows.
  • All Domestic Football - Saturday Afternoon Panel show (Soccer Saturday equivalent)
  • SFA - Scotland Internationals - could be added once the station was established if money was available.
  • SRU - Scotland Internationals - same as above, not sure what the BBC pay for these rights just now.
  • SRU - Glasgow/Edinburgh game on a Friday night
  • EIHL - 1 Live match a week (Matches generally Sat/Sun/Wed evenings) choice of Clan/Stars/Capitals/Flyers
  • Shinty - time wise clashes with football - could show extended highlights of 1/2 matches on a week night.
  • Golf - Pro tours bought up by sky, but could do a mag style show "Scotland's Hidden Gems" highlighting lesser known great courses across Scotland (there are many)
  • Curling World Tour - maybe it's just me, but I'd tune in to see coverage of Scottish teams competing in these events. Fantastic Sport.
  • Lawn Bowls - Very popular sport in Scotland, some coverage could be possible.
  • Fishing - Some sort of magazine style show would be possible again.
  • Cricket - Not sure if it would be possible to buy Saltires matches separate from sky's domestic coverage.

There are many other things which could be included every now and again, possibly Speedway, Martial Arts (Scotland often has entrants competing at a high level in Judo for example), Scottish Open Badminton etc.

I may not have fully thought this through, but I'm sure there must be some way of making it doable. Getting a Scottish spin on sports on TV would be refreshing. Listening to the Mark Lawrenson's of this world on commentary would drive you to drink.

Edited by HanoMaSano

To recap then.

So of the thirty SFL clubs, the situation is this:

Won't Vote Over Conflict Of Interest: Airdrie and Dundee.

Down to 28 voting.

No SFL1 Parachute for the Orcs:

Annan Athletic, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, Falkirk, Morton, Peterhead, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

18 left to get their 16 from.

Dithering but likely to be burnt at the stake by their fans if they vote "yes" after 1964 And All That:

Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir.

14 left to get their 16 from!

Likely To Vote Yes Despite Denying Any Decision Has Been Made: Partick Thistle

"Dunno, Sir!"

Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr United, Dumbarton, East Stirlingshire, Elgin City, Forfar, Hamilton, Livingston, Montrose, Queens Park, Queen Of The South

Bear in mind that of the non-declared twelve (with Ayr, Forfar and Queen Of The South the strongest suspects of the "lubbed arses" camp), they have to weight up the risk of voting Yes when it requires at least two from the 1964 clubs to vote "yes" to have any chance of succeeding and incurring the wrath of their fans and sponsors in doing so, and for all the Division 3 clubs to decide they don't want a season's worth of easy gate money from the Orcs.

Nope, another cunning plan is at home to Mr Cock Up.

Ayr will be in the NO camp.

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaug#SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.

I reckon there's about ten who won't be voting for Rangers, inc two abstentions.

Stirling, Airdrie, Dundee, Dunfermline, Clyde, Raith, Peterhead, Morton, Falkirk. That's nine. Alloa, Annan?

So they need 16 out of 20 to vote 'yes'.

They are: Cowdenbeath, Hamilton....

Keep me right here.

Adjourned til next fuckin Thursday?!

Allows time for arm-twisting by all parties and for the smoking gun that Scottish fitba really needs a home for 40,000 Rangers fans to be exclusively revealed in an interview with god almighty on the back page of the Record.

Edited by Dr Koop

It's the MLS, just a really odd league in general.

That picture isn't from an MLS game. You wouldn't get into an MLS game wearing swastika gear. It's from a Junior Barranquilla game in Colombia. And no, I have no idea what it's referring to.

That is a very interesting document which, for the first time i think, puts some science behind a lot of the speculating and scaremongering. Someone smarter than me will hopefully be able to pick out the juicy bits and summarise.

More average match viewers than La Liga by nearly double is a surprise.

We'll still be told we can't go it alone.

Next Thursday? That leaves just over two weeks til the start of the ramsdens. What a bunch of dithering €$¥#<++ run our game.

I seem to remember the decision to relegate Livingston to Division 3 was only confirmed 2 days before the first game of the season a few years back.